Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #46
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

I would also rent a fridge (or a fridge swap), as water/drinks/milk are a big expense that can be helped by a room fridge. I find the fridge rental cost still saves more than it would cost for either upgrade to moderate or purchase of all dinks & breakfast, as we can get cereal & milk & eat breakfast in room.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #47
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
I would also rent a fridge (or a fridge swap), as water/drinks/milk are a big expense that can be helped by a room fridge. I find the fridge rental cost still saves more than it would cost for either upgrade to moderate or purchase of all dinks & breakfast, as we can get cereal & milk & eat breakfast in room.
I think that all Value resorts now have refrigerators in the room and a microwave in the food court.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #48
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
I think that all Value resorts now have refrigerators in the room and a microwave in the food court.
Each room has a beverage cooler according to the site.

Our first family trip in May 2013!
We will be celebrating 5 birthdays and our 3 year anniversary!
bbinnsGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
hoosthatmouse
Earning My Ears

Both times we've visited Walt Disney World with the children we went during the offseason in Feb. The weather was cool, the rates were cheaper and the lines were minimal. It made such a big difference for our family. We were able take advantage of the winter season discounting on the deluxe hotels and really spread out our vacation.

Feb 2013 - AKL, 3 Night Bahamian Cruise on Dream, POR
Jan 2013 - WDW Half Marathon

Feb 2012 - Polynesian
Feb 2011 - Polynesian, Wilderness Campground
Oct 2006 - Wilderness Lodge

----

hoosthatmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #50
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

May actually isnt that bad for us but then again we are from FL so what yall think is hot is nice for us LOL.

We havea friend coming from Canada so changing the time isnt really going to work anyway. I just know its sometime in mid May.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #51
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinnsGA View Post
May actually isnt that bad for us but then again we are from FL so what yall think is hot is nice for us LOL.

We havea friend coming from Canada so changing the time isnt really going to work anyway. I just know its sometime in mid May.
Will the friend be sharing the room with you? Aside from paying the nightly "extra adult" fee, you would also have to be concerned about exceeding the occupancy limits for the resort and whether your friend is willing to pay for the dining plan as well (everyone on the reservation must purchase the plan for all nights of your stay).

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #52
bbinnsGA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Will the friend be sharing the room with you? Aside from paying the nightly "extra adult" fee, you would also have to be concerned about exceeding the occupancy limits for the resort and whether your friend is willing to pay for the dining plan as well (everyone on the reservation must purchase the plan for all nights of your stay).
No shes house/pet sitting for someone in Orlando.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #53
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by richelletaranto1 View Post
We are staying at akl conceirage in nov. we haven't done wdw in 4 years and only have done it once. I'm a dvc member but have been doing the cruise. Any tips regarding
Cooler
Wheel cart
Renting car worth it
Groceries
Naps?

Thanks! My kids are 10 and 6. Also I got bibbidi appts and cinderalla table on nov 10 but the estimate is for crowds to be a 9 out of 10. Don't know what I should do
My opinion is just my opinion but here goes:
You can bring a small cooler and/or a wheeled cart into the parks but it is not something I would ever do. We travel as lightly as we possibly can. Many people will use a cart (or a stroller until their kids are teenagers) so they can haul all of their stuff around but there really is no need. You can get free ice water in the parks and the meals are huge and anything you purchase can be sent back to your room. What do you think you need to carry around? It is so much easier to get around in the parks if you just hold hands and go!

We never rent a car, we LOVE riding the Disney buses/boats/monorail. It is so nice not to have to worry about following signs and parking and stuff. Some people complain a lot about waiting for the buses but we have never had problems with them at all.

You can order groceries from www.gardengrocer.com to be delivered to your room. They are awesome!!

Your kids are old enough not to need naps, we never did them even when our kids were young
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #54
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

I need to add, IF you are up early each day and full force all day and stay for the evening fireworks you will all get tired. Plan some down time every third day or so. No one can burn the candle at both ends for too long.

We are not early risers. We always let our kids take it easy in the morning. But then we never went back to the room to nap or rest. Our kids never wanted to leave once we got into a park, they would just feel like they would miss too much.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #55
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Also, you do realize that concierge level has a ton of food available for you all the time right? I doubt you will need much more in the way of groceries.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #56
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbinnsGA View Post
I think we will just stay at the music resort then. Good point of going there to eat! Can you go there and just walk around?
While you can only swim at the resort you are staying at you can visit any resort to eat, shop, or just look around. We have eaten at AKL several times, and will again this December, but we have never stayed there.

We love the dining plan but we never pay for it. We always go for free food!

You can eat at any restaurant you want, and make reservations too, even if you don't have the dining plan. The dining plan is just pre-loaded onto your room keys so it is so easy.

We are staying in a Lion King suite at Art of Animation for our next trip. I cannot wait! We have stayed in many WDW resorts in many categories, we love trying all of them
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #57
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceemouse View Post
My opinion is just my opinion but here goes:
You can bring a small cooler and/or a wheeled cart into the parks but it is not something I would ever do.
Here's the official policy on coolers according to the owners of the disboards:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/coolers.htm
Quote:
Magic Kingdom
  • Small coolers (that one person can carry) that will fit into the lockers under the Train Station are allowed. Coolers will be inspected for glass and alcoholic beverages which are not permitted.
Disneys Animal Kingdom
  • Allowed ONLY for medical purposes. If a guest is in need of medication, they may bring a cooler and store it in a locker. If it will not fit into the locker, the cooler will be kept at Guest Relations. Coolers are not allowed in the Theme Park. Coolers will be inspected for glass and alcoholic beverages which are not permitted.
Disney-MGM Studios
  • Small coolers that will fit into the lockers are allowed. Coolers will be inspected for glass and alcoholic beverages which are not permitted.
Epcot
  • Small coolers (that one person can carry) that will fit into the lockers are allowed. Coolers will be inspected for glass and alcoholic beverages which are not permitted
Water Parks(Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon)
  • Coolers of a size that may be safely carried are permitted
  • No glass containers or alcoholic beverages allowed
  • No storage areas for coolers
Rolling bags or wagons that you drag behind you are not permitted in the parks because they are a trip hazard. But strollers are. I'm of the opinion that if you don't have a child that needs a stroller, you also don't need to be dragging a ton of stuff all over the parks. Rent a locker instead and go back to retrieve your stuff when you need it. Better yet, leave it back at your room.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
laceemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Here's the official policy on coolers according to the owners of the disboards:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/coolers.htm

Rolling bags or wagons that you drag behind you are not permitted in the parks because they are a trip hazard. But strollers are. I'm of the opinion that if you don't have a child that needs a stroller, you also don't need to be dragging a ton of stuff all over the parks. Rent a locker instead and go back to retrieve your stuff when you need it. Better yet, leave it back at your room.
great info
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #59
richelletaranto1
Mouseketeer

Awesome info thanks! I tried to change my login to city mouse but lost my stats lol!
richelletaranto1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: