Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #1216
pyrxtc
Married 10-5-02
The inside of the Tangled clothes are not that pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEs*Mommy View Post
That is a brand new pattern the Lauren. They were pattern testers for Lisa. It should be out very soon.
Who is Lisa and where can I get this pattern when it comes out please. thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianemom2 View Post
I see your question got answered. I love that new pattern and I can't wait for it to be released. Did you see the dress that lights up and the matching headbow? They are amazing, aren't they?
I didn't see one's that light up. I'll have to look again.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #1217
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Lisa is called Funktional Threads. She has patterns on Youcanmakethis and also on Etsy. If you are going to buy her pattern, I'd recommend purchasing it on Etsy because you can also get it in a bundle with her adorable Audrey skirt pattern. I am going to buy both of them but I've been waiting for the new pattern to be released too.

dianemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1218
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Well, the launch ended a little while ago and I am thrilled because I sold both of my items that were listed this time. I was happy about how they turned out. I am not a good photographer though and I don't have a model so portraying the dresses so that they look their best is a challenge that I still need to work on. Here are a few pictures of the two dresses that I had done for tonight:

You can probably see where a few of the scraps for the Mickey halter dress that I made two weeks ago came from now. LOL!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #1219
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Boy you all have been chatty the last few days.
We had a great time. I was so upset the day of MNSSHP, as we walked in around 4pm it started pouring and I thought the party was going to get rained out. Well all my praying paid off as it stopped raining about an hour later and never rained again. We even got to see the Headless Horseman

Andrea.... I hope you feel better. I can't believe they won't give you anything stronger to help with the H/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
a lot of stuff has gone up since I went on vacation and I looked at all of it but too much to quote. Halloween clothes were awesome and so was that Minnie dress, the rick rack really gave it something extra. I love all of the clothes and you can see how hard everyone worked on them. I think my favorite was the dress that was made from scraps and the pointy bottoms.

We managed to ride it about 4 times in two days with half that being single rider lines. On our 2nd day in that park, the camera's were down so no ride pics.

I have a crude pic of me in my costume from the party.

Love that picture. You looked you great. I have to say I was surprised that our party did not feel overly crowded since the night before was rained out and alot of those people were at our party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
:

miprender -- you manged quite well without the black polka dot fabric you sent me. Don't bother to take your camera on your trip because I'll be stalking you and taking photos. I can't imagine the hours you put into the outfits.
I think I spotted you behind one of Mickey's pumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahrizel View Post
Well I finally finished my Disney sewing! We love on Saturday, it's about time.
Mary
Have a magical time. Everything looks great! I don't recognize the shirts so I don't think we bumped into each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell2002 View Post
Hi everyone! Just stopping by to read and catch up....I've been MIA for about 6 mos....gah can't believe it's been that long! I had a long 1st and 2nd trimester, and then DS5 started school, so I've not been online much. Now that I'm 37 weeks preggo.....I'm spending more time at home because well I'm just ready to have this baby girl so I can recooperate in time for the holidays. If DH job isn't disintegrated at the end of the year we hope to plan another trip for a year from now....during next years fall break.

.....anyway...off to read to look at some cute pictures of stuff!
WOW I can't believe it's been that long. I remember when you posted you were having another baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to stitch View Post
I've finished my sewing for our trip that is a little over a week away.

My daughter did tie-dye shirts for all of us to wear one day. Maybe she'll post a picture since I don't have one.
Everything came out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile5sunshine View Post
Oh I hope you are already there having a blast! I love all the shirts you made up and that was a GREAT IDEA on using thrift store jeans for the ruffles! Too cute! That is such a cool touch to use glow in the dark thread! Oh and thanks for mentioning where you picked up all the appliques. I've been trying to bookmark all those sites/shops so I can have them in the future. I don't have an embroidery machine, but a girl can dream, right?
Sunshine
Thanks. We did have a great time and the Glow in the Dark thread works great on the dark rides. My kids loved it.

Quote:
I went to the sewing expo today and had a great time! We were there for several hours and walked around to all the booths. There were a few exhibitors that were there last year but didn't come back this year. I was hoping to see Pickle Pie again and she wasn't there. Bernina wasn't there either and neither was a seller who had tons of Japanese fabrics last year.

However, I was able to take a look at the new Brother embroidery machines and also at the Babylock version. They only had the combo machines out for the Expo but they said that the embroidery only machines were pretty much the same but without the sewing capabilities. The new Brother machine was being marketed for $3495 at the show and the Babylock machine was $3995. I don't understand why the Babylock was $500 more since it is the exact same machine. I had hoped to spend more time looking at the Brother machine but they were extremely busy at that booth.

I spent a long time chatting with the lady at the Juki booth. I was quite impressed with their new line of home sewing machines. The lady at Juki said that they are planning to bring out an embroidery machine within the next year or so. She said that it is still in the development stage. I know that Juki has made industrial machines for a long time. I wonder how dependable their home sewing line will be???

I also spent some time talking to the lady at the Pfaff booth. They have an embroidery/sewing combo machine that has the HUGEST hoop that I've ever seen. It was like 16x20. You do split designs in it. First you embroider 1/2 of the design and then you turn the hoop and snap it back in. Then you embroider the other 1/2 of the design. It was pretty neat but the machine was priced at $9700. GASP!

I did buy a bunch of Marathon thread and I nearly bought that set of tools that you use to turn fabric tubes after sewing them. But my friend bought a set and I thought I'd see how she likes them before I invest $70 in them. My friend also bought some stabilizer at the Marathon booth and some fabric at the Vogue fabric booth. One of the Marathon threads I bought was a glow in the dark thread and another one was the kind that changes color in the sun.
Just reading this now. Sounds like you had a great time. I want to get some more Glow in the Dark thread. Like I just mentioned in the PP, my kids loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
Hello All

I am posting this from my phone sitting in bed at ASMu drinking horrible coffee. We always bring our own coffee but this time we are staying in the suites and they use some sort of pod so I can't use my coffee I brought with me :-(
Anyway, I popped in to tell you I saw a beautiful Ursula dress in Epcot Thursday. It was a simply sweet and the bodice was her face and her tentacles were draped over the skirt. It was fantastic!!! I don't know if it was a disboutiquer or not but it was beautifully done! So creative and just so much fun to see.
The girl and her Mom were just far enough away as they passed us that I would have looked like a crazy lady chasing through the crowd so I didn't get a chance to talk to them.
How cool. That was sold on our last Main Street launch. I dont think she posts here anymore but that was an awesome dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
Hi Everyone,

I got some sad news this morning. One of our Make A Wish Big Give Kiddos passed away last night. If you could say a prayer for the family, I| know they would be greatful.....She was a brave little girl.... I am so thankful that we had the special oppurtunity and priviledge to honor their family and make her Make a Wish trip extra special. If you havent joined in on a Big Give yet, please come and check it out - the memories for these families last a lifetime (:

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/P...=umich&ipc=mur

This just breaks my heart. I saw this on Judy's TR and I remember this BigGive and this little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey View Post
Here is the camera strap cover I made.....my husband said it looked like a sweat band....!!

[IMG][/IMG]

I am very pleased with it
I think it looks adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post
Question

I have a brother embroidery machine two actually my first one is small only does 4x4 then I got hoop envy and got a bigger one one that now does 10x6

Here is the trouble the new larger machine the self threader keeps dropping off I keep taking it into the shop they put it back on say that odd and send me home .... I have done this 3 times now...

Anyone have any thoughts on this I'm sure I'm passed my warranty on it as I didn't sew much the first year when I got it just didn't have the time now with a sewing space and our trip I'm sewing more and getting frustrated with the threader dropping My other machine is fine it doesn't do it at all.
I broke mine off on my PE770 into a million pieces so when I use that machine I have to manually thread it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post
ugh I forgot how the DIS is filled with some judgmental a__________

please someone slap me if I ever stray out of this thread again.

I remember why I stopped coming to the DIS for several years now

I finished a big give dress today...pics after it arrives. I am trying to find the motivation to clean the house but I am too cold and would rather snuggle up with a book and some tea
That is why I rarely go onto the other pages now. People are just so mean.

Can't wait to see what you made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Then, my prototype GAC Pouch, I can't show pictures of the back, because it has my label on it and photobucket isn't cooperating with my edits - but there's a clear vinyl window on the back, so the GAC is mostly waterproof and doesn't have to be taken out each time it needs to be shown.

D~
Awe I missed seeing this one. That is so cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
I just want to hop on and say "Happy Canadian Thanksgiving" to everyone. This is our Thanksgiving weekend and I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. My apple pie is thawing right now and I need to bake it before heading over to the in-law's this afternoon (I made 14 pies over the last 2 weekends, all by hand). Oh I made a casserole carrier yesterday so I can take my pie in style. My MIL and my grandma-in-law both sew and they are always curious about my current projects (Grandma used to teach quilting classes and she gave me a lot of materials when she moved here). I need to take a picture of the carrier when I pack up the pie.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you too! Your pies look yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogero View Post
you know I love your projects D especially partial to the stitch messenger since that is Miss Cs
I thought you were keeping it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilnStitchy View Post
It only took me 2.5 hours to complete (or there about). I sat down around 8 and was done around 10:30. I was watching a show as well. I purchased two pillowcases, 1 in a leopard print and 1 polka dot. The material was microfiber. For some reason I didn't see anything that caught my eye in the fabric aisle at Walmart for her dress. I ran into a few problems: hemming, ribbon hole size, and width of the dress. The hemming is what took forever for me, specifically around the armholes as they are curved, the hemming for the other parts were easy. I kept sewing and then cutting the threads because they were bunched. On one side I just gave up, but it isn't noticeable under the arm and because the dress bunches. The tutorial I followed didn't cut the width of the pillowcase down so the dress is really wide. The tutorial also used a thinner ribbon than what I originally wanted, thankfully I had thinner ribbon to use. When I realized it there wasn't enough fabric to make a larger opening for the big ribbon. The dress is an inch shorter then I wanted, I had a mishap with my rotary cutter. All my fingers are intact however, and I managed not to prick myself once. I found the fabric difficult to work with. It wouldn't take to folding in small areas well. At least I hope it was the fabric and not my skills. Next time I will be sure to purchase a less slippery fabric. Okay, sorry for the long rant. On with the pictures, she'll have to wear shorts or pants under this but I'm satisfied as this was my first sewing project ever.

So glad you made it. Now it is going to be very addicting. You are going to want to make outfits for everyday LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrxtc View Post
A
This is what I did today in NH. Well, technically this beach is in MA. It was 52 degrees outside and quite windy and we do it this weekend every year.

Yes, they are running out of the water. DS11 was up past his waist in the water. They were in and out for 30 minutes or so before making a sandcastle on the beach.
BRRR.... I can't believe how cold it is. We we landed in RI on Monday I was shivering and I am never cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasedroz View Post
They're not clothes but are wearable but I wanted to share them with everyone! These are my girls Christmas themed flip flops for our vacation in December!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs View Post
Hello All! This is my second post LOL I am brand new to sewing but I love the appliques and found HeatherSue's Hand Appliqueing tutorial to be the BEST! So I thought I would share what I made.

This was my second applique/sewing project using the proper material BUT I put the bow on Minnie upside down. Oops.

These are the only things I have ever sewn so I am still learning a lot. My MIL is helping me put together a toddler Christmas dress so I am learning to sew from a pattern too.
Great job on the skirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarrett View Post
IWhen you applique what do you use to for lack of a better word "pad" the the thread on the inside of the item so it's not so scratchy?
I use DreamWeave by Floraini

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Sorry I had to save before I was done, my kids were beating the heck out of each other. We just got back from 6 days in the middle of nowhere wisconsin, which was beautiful, relaxing and stressful all at once. Every night I just kept thinking of all the things I still want to get done before our trip less than 3 weeks away. But I got to spend my birthday in the woods without internet/cell reception and with my amazing husband and our equally amazing progeny. If you're interested in some amazing fall colors, I can't recommend enough Door County Wisconsin around the first week in October. Never disappoints. Though I can't wait for Florida in a couple weeks, it was a tad on the chilly side for my tastes...

Am I a terrible mom that I wanted to put my kids in bed at 6 p.m. so I can get back into my sewing room for the 1st time in a week??
Looks like you had a great time. And I won't tell anyone if you put the kids to bed early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Like I said I have not sewn much for a bit only because of how hectic things have been lately. We got the diagnosis for my 3 yo son FINALLY, not that I am happy with it, but to know what we are dealing with and having the right team of physicians working with us at Boston Children's has made this a lot easier. He was diagnosed with the rare disease called Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD). October is actually PCD awareness month so I ask everyone who is reading this, PLEASE take just a few minutes and learn a bit about the disease by going to the PCD Foundation's website (don't think I can list it here) but if you put together PCDFoundation and add dot org to it, maybe YOU actually know one of the thousands who are undiagnosed and can help spread the word as well...ok back to my projects I recently started back up...non-Disney of course as our Sesame trip is this weekend and Bubble Guppies birthday is coming up!
Glad you were able to get some diagnose from the doctor. I don't know anything about that disease so I will have to read up on it.
Love all the things you made.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #1220
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Here's my launch outfit that sold

Quote:
Well, the launch ended a little while ago and I am thrilled because I sold both of my items that were listed this time. I was happy about how they turned out. I am not a good photographer though and I don't have a model so portraying the dresses so that they look their best is a challenge that I still need to work on. Here are a few pictures of the two dresses that I had done for tonight:

You can probably see where a few of the scraps for the Mickey halter dress that I made two weeks ago came from now. LOL!
Love those outfits. So happy that they sold too.

Last edited by miprender; 10-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.
miprender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #1221
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
Like I said I have not sewn much for a bit only because of how hectic things have been lately. We got the diagnosis for my 3 yo son FINALLY, not that I am happy with it, but to know what we are dealing with and having the right team of physicians working with us at Boston Children's has made this a lot easier. He was diagnosed with the rare disease called Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD). October is actually PCD awareness month so I ask everyone who is reading this, PLEASE take just a few minutes and learn a bit about the disease by going to the PCD Foundation's website (don't think I can list it here) but if you put together PCDFoundation and add dot org to it, maybe YOU actually know one of the thousands who are undiagnosed and can help spread the word as well...ok back to my projects I recently started back up...non-Disney of course as our Sesame trip is this weekend and Bubble Guppies birthday is coming up!

The Bubble Guppies shirt is still a work in progress still but don't need it for another week and a half so I should have plenty of time. I have another birthday shirt to work on as well. The Sesame shirt he is all excited to wear this weekend for the 1st time!

I am glad that you finally got a diagnosis for your son so you can start advocating for him. The Sesame shirt looks great. I can't wait until the Guppies shirt is done!

Quote:
Thanks you! I am really enjoying sewing, it is a great relaxation aid for me. I also make hair bows which is also relaxing, it takes just enough of my mind so that I cant fret about other things but not enough that it is overly stressful.

Well I should say not overly stressful when things are cooperating LOL I learned my machine does not like cheap thread and my machine does not like nearly empty bobbins. Bad things happen. Thank you for the recommendation for the Carla C patterns I see a lot of cute things to make. I would like to make my sons stuff too and I love those bowling shirts. First though is to get through this Christmas dress, mostly I just don't understand the lingo and the pictures on the pattern do not "speak" to me. My MIL looks at them and is like okay this is what they want you to do and I am just like you got that from this little picture!!??

I LOVE the creations that have been posted here and it is very inspiring to see what can be done at home. I tend to forget that things at the store are actually sewn at some point!
I am glad that you are making progress in your sewing journey. It's always helpful to have someone to answer the sewing questions! I had to fight my own way through the sewing patterns when I started.

Quote:
I love YouTube tutorials It along with the Heathersue tutorial are how I have got anything done thus far! The people on there are just fabulous for sharing their knowledge and on here too. I might be searching out the wrong thing for the patterns though because I have watched cutting pattern videos until my eyes bled and then moved onto marking the pattern videos (which is when the first call to MIL went out LOL) and now I am to putting the pieces together...hmmmm maybe search for "putting pattern pieces together??" I am on pattern number two though because I was happily cutting along and cutting all the wrong sizes out..grrrr...I knew from the YouTube that I should have circled my size on the packet but got ahead of myself and well the size medium I needed was cut to XS...learning learning learning...lesson number 599....
Too bad about the sewing pattern. I am too cheap to cut out the patterns so I trace them out on moving paper.

Quote:

Great job on those dresses. Congrats on the sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Boy you all have been chatty the last few days.
We had a great time. I was so upset the day of MNSSHP, as we walked in around 4pm it started pouring and I thought the party was going to get rained out. Well all my praying paid off as it stopped raining about an hour later and never rained again. We even got to see the Headless Horseman
I am glad to hear that it stopped raining at the party. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your outfits in action.

Quote:

Great job on the outfit! Congrats on a successful sale at the launch!

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #1222
LilnStitchy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The dress looks wonderful and I am very glad that you finished it with all your fingers intact! It didn't seem to take you very long to make and it looks adorable. Next time you might try using bias tape under the arms instead of trying to hem it by folding it. Bias tape works very well on curves. Try checking youtube for some videos that show you how to use it. It is pretty easy. For a first project, you did an amazing job! And your little girl is a real cutie!
You know I saw a tutorial with it and I *thought* it seemed easier to not do it Boy was I wrong. My mom suggested it too after I told her about my difficulties. Can't wait to try again.

Caribbean Beach Resort- 2011
LilnStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #1223
LilnStitchy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
These are my 2 machines...

Patience is my sewing machine - I do everything with her. But she is straight stitch only:

Mr. Rocket is my applique machine... He does all of my applique work:

I also have a serger, but I rarely use it (I really need to make a nicer cover for it... Hmmm... Maybe soon?)

D~
Loving your sewing room. It's so organized and relaxing. Also in love with that elephant.

Caribbean Beach Resort- 2011
LilnStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #1224
AQW
Blessed beyond measure!

Quote:
Diane, my 7yo daughter and I looked through allllllll the launch outfits together last night and she liked this one best by far! I would CASE it if I were skilled enough to recreate it. So clever - great dress!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #1225
BorkBorkBork
Mouseketeer

Apologies everyone but I've been AWOL since Thursday due to DD's birthday festivities so there are so many great things I'm missing but I had some questions about these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshell2002 View Post

Made myself "4th trimester" dress....I'm about 32 weeks in this photo.....so couldn't wear the dress now cause the hem would ride up too much, but it will be great for next month!
This dress is fabulous! My little sister is pregnant now and this looks awesome. Do you mind sharing how you made it? Did you follow a pattern or tutorial?

You sure have been busy!
Quote:

Congrats!! Your outfits were beautiful! Did you digitize the Lady and the Tramp title logo yourself?

Quote:

Beautiful! Congrats on the sale!! I have the same question for you ...did you digitize those yourself and if not where did you get them?

Me (32) DH(30) DD(3)
March 1987 (offsite)**May 2009: ASMu (pregnant with DD)**Sept 2011--free dining at POR!**Planning for Halloween 2013 at AoA/POFQ
BorkBorkBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #1226
dianemom2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so happy for you that you sold your outfits. I loved the Marie outfit.

Quote:
You know I saw a tutorial with it and I *thought* it seemed easier to not do it Boy was I wrong. My mom suggested it too after I told her about my difficulties. Can't wait to try again.
The great thing about sewing is that you are constantly learning something new. And if you mess something up, all you have to do is use your seam ripper and rip out those seams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQW View Post
Diane, my 7yo daughter and I looked through allllllll the launch outfits together last night and she liked this one best by far! I would CASE it if I were skilled enough to recreate it. So clever - great dress!
Awwww, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorkBorkBork View Post
Congrats!! Your outfits were beautiful! Did you digitize the Lady and the Tramp title logo yourself?
No, I already had the Lady and the Tramp logo from a dress that I'd done a couple of years ago. I digitized the dog's snouts and the spaghetti for this dress.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #1227
love to stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Those are both beautiful dresses, glad to hear the launch went well for you.

Quote:

That is adorable!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #1228
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:

Congratulations Diane! Your launch outfits are amazing!

Quote:

Great job Michelle! I love your outfit too!

Quote:
Loving your sewing room. It's so organized and relaxing. Also in love with that elephant.
Thanks! The elephant was actually made for me by my youngest dd - she was 12 at the time she made it, and I love that little guy too! A million times better than that darned rolling tomato that I used to have.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #1229
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

I am way behind in quoting. So much awesome stuff! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I wanted to comment on. Yesterdays are still fresh, so I love ALL of those launch outfits. They are all amazing!

Since my bad news, I have been sad and not wanting to do anything other than making it through work. However, we are going to the circus to see Ringling Brothers Dragons tonight, and late Tuesday night I decided I wanted DD2 to have an outfit. So the fabric was bought yesterday, and made last night. There were 2 shirt casualties, learning to embroider on knit. And I ran out of time, so once again no ruffle for now and a quick hem. This is my first official outfit, as the princess one still needs a ruffle.

BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #1230
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRapunzel View Post
I am way behind in quoting. So much awesome stuff! Unfortunately, I can't remember what I wanted to comment on. Yesterdays are still fresh, so I love ALL of those launch outfits. They are all amazing!

Since my bad news, I have been sad and not wanting to do anything other than making it through work. However, we are going to the circus to see Ringling Brothers Dragons tonight, and late Tuesday night I decided I wanted DD2 to have an outfit. So the fabric was bought yesterday, and made last night. There were 2 shirt casualties, learning to embroider on knit. And I ran out of time, so once again no ruffle for now and a quick hem. This is my first official outfit, as the princess one still needs a ruffle.

Very cute! We took my boys to the circus (ringling) last year for their 2nd birthday and they STILL talk about it, they loved it. Though their initial reports were, "We saw elephants and tigers and sat in chairs." since I think it was the first time they had to sit that long for anything.
I looked into it again this year but we are going to be in Disney World that week! I think I am OK skipping the circus this year for Disney... Hope you have a great time. We went about an hour early and you can go down on the floor and meet the clowns, take photos, try on their costumes, etc. It was a lot of fun and totally worth getting there early.

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: