Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

Which Signature Restaurant

We are doing one signature meal with our upcoming trip. Right now we have Yachtsman's Steakhouse booked. We have done Le Cellier the past few years and decided to try something new. It will be Myself, wife, and daughters 8 & 4. If we eat at Yachtsman's, we will more than likely not make it over to Downtown Disney during our trip. Would it be worth looking into a signature restaurant at Downtown Disney over Yachtsman's?

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

It seems as if you are asking which to choose-Yachtsman or DTD. I'm not a huge fan of DTD but after our meal at YSH last week, I would choose it any day! It was the 2nd worst dining experience I've had at WDW, after ABC Commissary! In fact, after the 3rd try to get my steak medium well instead of burnt hard-as-a-rock impossible-to-eat-without-breaking-a-tooth or mooing when I cut into it, they refunded my table service credits. I didn't even ask. The chef was truly embarrassed. I ate about 3 bites of steak and left hungry. My DH, DS16, and DS14 ordered porterhouses and were unimpressed; they said they were VERY gristly and hard to eat. We also eat at Le Cellier everytime we go and LOVE it. We've never had a bad meal there. So I would pick LC over Yachtsman any day!

Now, I don't have any advice for a signature at DTD, but if the choice was between California Grill and DTD, definitely CG!!! It was the best dining experience I've ever had at WDW!
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

The only signatures at DTD are Fulton's and Wolfgang Pucks The Dinjng Room.

I'm not a huge fan of Yachtsman, except for the filet which can be ordered everywhere, the other cuts have been tough. It's an OK restaurant. I've had the New York, the ribeye and the filet and I've only been happy with the filet. I like my steaks very rare and they have been prepared properly but the steaks were so tough. Service has always been very good. We prefer Shulas.

I have not been to the DTD ones since they came on the Dinjng plan this year. The Dining Room used to not be child friendly; I'm sure that has changed now. Fulton's is OK, I like it better than Narcoosees but not as much as Bluezoo or Flying Fish.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

I love going to Downtown Disney however the area doesn't have a restaurant that would match the YSH. I would go to the YSH then go to DTD or just wonder round YBC or Boardwalk area.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

We went to Yachtsmen last week & LOVED it. Amazing meal. Get the truffle mac & cheese! Walk around boardwalk after YSH dinner. HTH

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Via Napoli Review & pics!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have to decide if going to DD is worth it rather than a good meal. (For me personally, the answer is a resounding NO)

If DD is a must, then I guess Fultons or Pucks "fine dining" are ok. Neither are my favorite spots on property by any means. I'd even suggest Portobello over either of them.

If a good meal wins the contest, the do YSH for steak. As Pakey says, Shulas is much better--but they aren't exactly kid friendly, and you can't even see what's on the limited kids menu until you actually get to the restaurant.

PS: I assume that steak is the primary goal at dinner??
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Yatchman is our fav with california Grill. We would pick that over DTD. We are not huge fan of DTD. If we eat there, we usually end up at Wolf Gang counter service
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

I think we are just gonna stick with Yachtsman's. Not going to downtown Disney will save us some cash by avoiding the large princess store! Thanks for all the input.

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: