Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

Yet another "Rate my ADR's" thread.

Hello~
So, I've been cancelling and rebooking and all that sort of crazy to pass the time until I go to WDW. My solo trip recently turned into a "Mommy and me" trip, so naturally I had to rehash everything again.
This is both our first time on the actual Dining Plan. She knows little to nothing about these restaurants and is pretty much putting faith in me on what she eats.
So...here.

Sunday Oct 21- Arrival and MNSSHP. No ADRs, and probably just living off QS food.
Monday Oct 22- 11:30am at Sci Fi Dine in
5:50pm at Boma
Tuesday Oct 23- 9:10am at 1900 Park Fare
EITHER 2:50 Le Cellier
or 7:50 Le Cellier.
Wednesday Oct 24- Spending all day at Universal Studios
Thursday Oct 25- 8:15am at Crystal Palace (managed to get that last weak and cried a little.)
8:50pm at Whispering Canyon
Friday Oct 26th- 4:00pm Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Saturday Oct 27th- 8:55am at Kona Cafe (OOP)

My ideal plan is to get a Sci Fi reservation on Tuesday night, but I haven't been able to find one yet.
Also, after hearing all these reviews about Whispering Canyon's new menu, I'd be okay with dropping it if someone had a better idea. It's just the appeal of the all you can drink milkshakes...

My only other concern is are we eating too much?

Last edited by alexandurp; 10-11-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: GOT LE CELLIER AND AHHH
alexandurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

First of all, congrats on your trip and first time on the dining plan!

I would re-think the HDDR and WCC. Ohana's at the Poly is excellent! If you plan on going staying around the monorail loop, this is a much better choice. Just be prepared to eat! You can get really good milkshakes at Sci Fi, and they count as your drink OR dessert, and you won't be missing anything at WCC!

I've never eaten at HDDR, but for the credits, I personally don't think it's worth it. Maybe some others can fill in on this!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
First of all, congrats on your trip and first time on the dining plan!

I would re-think the HDDR and WCC. Ohana's at the Poly is excellent! If you plan on going staying around the monorail loop, this is a much better choice. Just be prepared to eat! You can get really good milkshakes at Sci Fi, and they count as your drink OR dessert, and you won't be missing anything at WCC!

I've never eaten at HDDR, but for the credits, I personally don't think it's worth it. Maybe some others can fill in on this!
Thank you.

I originally booked WCC for the experience. I've heard it's fun and all...then again that could just be for 9 year olds...not 19 year olds. (I'm a child at heart though, I swear.) I figure Sci Fi will be a good substitute for the atmosphere experience I was looking for though at WCC.

Getting a reservation at Ohana 11 days out could be a fun adventure. =P

I've got my mom all hyped on HDDR due to the bottomless beer. I don't know how she'd feel about losing it. It sucks we're stuck in Category 3 with the DP though. D:
Old 10-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Sci-Fi is very fun, I think your mom will enjoy the old school movie drive in screen! We actually had a reservation at WCC too, and had never been there, but once the menus changed, I opted out of it.

It's possible to get an Ohana's reservation..are you trying to stay around the magic kingdom that night? Kona Cafe is pretty good at night too for dinner
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 10-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

We're not trying to stay around anywhere specific. We actually want to get out and see the World. The extent of our past trips have been POR, DTD, and the Parks. Our night after HDDR is planned just to go around Resorts and see what there is to see.
I do think we'd like Ohana more than WCC though. I'll keep trying to get a reservation there. It worked for Crystal Palace, I'm sure it will for Ohana. =P

I'm saving Kona at the end of our trip just because it seems like a nice quiet 'mom' type place.
Any thoughts on Tony's in MK?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
butsy113
AKV Owner

Do not get rid of HDDR!! that is an every trip stop for us. We put it in our budget and buy OOP so we can get cat 1. The show is excellent! Often I get the best pictures from our trip here. The kids laugh so hard! Well so do DH and I
Old 10-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

I personally haven't tried Tony's. I have heard many mixed reviews. If you want another MK restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, especially for lunch is good!
WHY did you do it? 2010
Old 10-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
alexandurp
Peter Pan is my homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsy113 View Post
Do not get rid of HDDR!! that is an every trip stop for us. We put it in our budget and buy OOP so we can get cat 1. The show is excellent! Often I get the best pictures from our trip here. The kids laugh so hard! Well so do DH and I
I'm thinking I'm going to keep it, and pay OOP for it. It frees up two credits, and I get to see it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
I personally haven't tried Tony's. I have heard many mixed reviews. If you want another MK restaurant, Liberty Tree Tavern, especially for lunch is good!
I went to look into it...and got side tracked by Le Cellier.
Which I now have two ADRs for. I don't even know how, I just panicked and booked them in excitement of even finding them.
So, I think I'm out of credits to use for meals now. =P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: