Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #31
wahoostampingirl
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see the new Storybook Circus area. Even though my kids are way past the Dumbo riding stage, you can be sure I'll be dragging them into the interactive circus tent just to check it out.

For the record, I like Dinoland in AK too. I like when Disney tries different styles.
wahoostampingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
jgh
Peter Pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann0d1 View Post
I can't wait to see it, I think it looks Disney-ish, as long as there are no clowns! They freak me out!
Hehe. Agreed! (sorry...that was mean)

Dumbo has never really been one of my all-time favorites, I've never really been a big fan of the "circus-theme"...ever, but now I'm really excited to see it! I guess I can't say that I like it or not until we see it tomorrow!

jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I wouldn't put Storybook Circus is in the same category as Dinoland, but given the choice I wish they would have kept Toontown, spruced it up and added some things, but kept it. I thought it was great that they had Mickey and Minnie's house and we always went through them...the kids always loved seeing where Mickey and Minnie lived. It was a small area and it did need something else though. I like the Circus theme, it does go very well with Dumbo, I'm still just sad they had to take out Toontown for it.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #34
mjallemand
Est. 1985

I'm going to end up with so much oswald merchandise by the end of this trip.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #35
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfrostyjosh View Post
~LOL, this is just too funny!

~Anyway, I followed your best park days and suggestions for August and we had a fabulous trip! I just love EasyWDW and truly appreciate all of your hard work! :

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #36
gator girl
DIS Veteran

Just saw all the characters in their tent for the first time. By FAR the best themed, cutest backdrop for a meet in the MK. The fairies are the only thing that comes close.

And Dumbo at night is 100 times more beautiful at night than the old location.
gator girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #37
SIMJUN
Mouseketeer

We just got back and even though we no longer have young kids, we took a look around storybook circus.

We (husband and I) thought it was great especially for those with young kids. The new setup for the dumbo rides is very well done. There is an indoor play area to wait for the ride, they give you a buzzer similar to the kid you get a restaurants.

We ere also lucky enough to see Donald, Goofy, Minnie and Daisy in their new costumes and location in Pete's sideshow - very nice set up for meet & greets.

The circus tent shop was also very cute.

I did like Toontown, though I always thought that Disneyland's Toontown was so much better than MK's.

I think Storybook circus is a lovely addition along with the rest of the new additions to Fantasyland.
SIMJUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: