Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
MusicalDisneyDreams
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring
♫ There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow ♪

Location: Maybe WDW or DLR. If so, probably hunting down a Dole Whip Float with my name on it. Hopefully somewhere quiet reading a good book. Possibly scrapbooking. Most likely at my home, in the shadow of the Colorado Rockies.

URGENT Re: MHP

My momma, wdwmickey, is at MHP right now. She's ended up in a wheelchair due to health problems. Where is the best place for her to go to see the fireworks?

Thanks so much!
Rachel
2013 DLR Graduation, offsite ~ 2011 DLR Christmas, offsite ~ 2010 DLR 15th b-day, offsite ~ 2010 WDW School Choir Trip ASMusic+POFQ ~ 2008 WDW POFQ momma+me (MNSSHP) ~ 2007 WDW POP Christmas ~ 2005 DLR Cristmas, off-site ~ 2003 WDW ASMusic Christmas

"And now, ladies and gentlemen... the incredible, the amazing, the eighth wonder of the world... the back side of water!"
MusicalDisneyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

The hub by the partners statue. Have a great night!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Let us know how it goes. My husband injured his back and will b in a wheelchair too. Next week. Do people stand for fireworks? I don't want to have him block others with his chair if everyone sits. I also want him to be able to see without people standing in front of him. What should my strategy be?
mydisneyfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyfix
Let us know how it goes. My husband injured his back and will b in a wheelchair too. Next week. Do people stand for fireworks? I don't want to have him block others with his chair if everyone sits. I also want him to be able to see without people standing in front of him. What should my strategy be?
Anyone? :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

yes they stand when the fireworks start you want to get up closer to the left side the castle as far up as you can go your wheel chair wont block them in less its kids.
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Well...we ended up with an awesome view! We went to the hub 30 min before the first calvacade parade and noticed some people with wheelchairs parked in the street at the curb that faces the castle. We parked the chair there and sat in front of it. It was front & center seats and was amazing!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #7
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneyfix View Post
Well...we ended up with an awesome view! We went to the hub 30 min before the first calvacade parade and noticed some people with wheelchairs parked in the street at the curb that faces the castle. We parked the chair there and sat in front of it. It was front & center seats and was amazing!
Could you post a pict of it? I'm always looking for a better spot for my mom - she's a big fw fan, but the wheelchair limits our options due to visibility.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #8
mydisneyfix
Mouseketeer

Sorry I took so long to respond. We have had some medical issues with my DH. I don't have pic. We were right in front of the castle as close as you can get. There is a curb that a lot of people were pushing wheelchairs right up against and facing the castle. I laid a blanket in front of him and sat there. Hope that helps. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: