Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #1
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Question Chef Mickey's or Ohana?

Am looking at doing one of the above for our last day in Florida.
Was originally looking at dinner but the times aren't very good and will clash with Wishes.
We are planning to go to Universal during the day and doing Magic Kingdom that night for a few hours so I am thinking of doing one of them for breakfast (can get early times) so we can still get to Universal early in the day.

Which do you prefer for breakfast and which characters are at each of them?
Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

O'Hana has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. The food is served family style in a skillet and brought to your table, which is great as you don't need to get up and down. It's still an all you can eat set up, you just have to ask for more. It is a smaller selection then at Chef Mickey but it's usual breakfast foods (bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles ect) This character meal gets busy but it's still generally quieter then Chef Mickey. I feel there is more physical room around the table you're seated at.

Chef Mickey has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. The food is served in a buffet style that you need to leave your table to get. There is a large selection of food. Chef Mickey is usually quite loud and generally quite busy so you'll have to wait in line to get your food from the buffet. The table and chairs are generally closer together then at O'Hana so you'll be closer to other diners.

Both breakfasts are great and we always do both during our trips. I really depends on what characters you'll be happier with. If your family doesn't really like Stitch, I'd look at Chef Mickey. That being said, I'm not a morning person so I love just sitting and eating my breakfast and not having to get up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacindyyy View Post
Am looking at doing one of the above for our last day in Florida.
Was originally looking at dinner but the times aren't very good and will clash with Wishes.
We are planning to go to Universal during the day and doing Magic Kingdom that night for a few hours so I am thinking of doing one of them for breakfast (can get early times) so we can still get to Universal early in the day.

Which do you prefer for breakfast and which characters are at each of them?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83
O'Hana has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. The food is served family style in a skillet and brought to your table, which is great as you don't need to get up and down. It's still an all you can eat set up, you just have to ask for more. It is a smaller selection then at Chef Mickey but it's usual breakfast foods (bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles ect) This character meal gets busy but it's still generally quieter then Chef Mickey. I feel there is more physical room around the table you're seated at.

Chef Mickey has Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. The food is served in a buffet style that you need to leave your table to get. There is a large selection of food. Chef Mickey is usually quite loud and generally quite busy so you'll have to wait in line to get your food from the buffet. The table and chairs are generally closer together then at O'Hana so you'll be closer to other diners.

Both breakfasts are great and we always do both during our trips. I really depends on what characters you'll be happier with. If your family doesn't really like Stitch, I'd look at Chef Mickey. That being said, I'm not a morning person so I love just sitting and eating my breakfast and not having to get up and down.
Thanks. Tough decision to make haha.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #4
MyOtherSS
Mouseketeer

If I had to choose one it'd be O'hana for dinner been there twice and I loved it. If you are basing it on Characters I would go with Chef Mickey's, everytime I've been there I've seen characters. I've been to O'hana twice and have seen zero just a wierdo lady singing and playin ukelele. So my vote Chef Mickey -breakfast and O'hana - dinner.

Past Stays: Fort Wilderness, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary.
MyOtherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've been to both many times and love them both, but if I had to choose just one, it would be Ohana. The atmosphere is fun, the food is great, and it's served family style to your table instead of having to go through a buffet line.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

'Ohana! Good food, yummy juice, fun characters, neat atmosphere, and food is brought to you. Done both, definitely prefer 'Ohana (plus we pay oop and its cheaper).
Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

I'd go with Chef Mickeys, Good character interaction, you can get your food at your own pace as opposed to waiting for it to be brought to you (better selection too!) and you get to watch the monorails go by - what's not to love?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #8
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

I've been to both a few times & prefer Chef Mickey's personally WAs just there last Thursday ------- loved it! They made it special; for our anniversary as well.

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Boma's Banana Bread recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

The character interaction at both are pretty good. It all boils down to if you want a buffet or a nice relaxing sit down meal.

I personally prefer Ohana. Gorgeous atmosphere, nice and relaxing, great food. And as i said, characters are great. Stitch is hilarious!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Our family liked 'Ohana's food much, much better than CM. You get the Fab 5 at CM and Lilo/Stitch/Mickey/Pluto at 'Ohana. I would definitely choose 'Ohana for the food and the juice!!!!!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

the food at Ohana is definitely better....but Chef Mickey with more of the classic characters, in the Contemporary Resort, the shops at the CR, the mononrail passing by is just a classic place...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Both are great. One is get your own with more choices, the other is family style with more limited options. I prefer O'Hana because I thought it was just so good, but either are nice.

I'd probably do neither if you are going to Universal for the day. Either one can still take up a good chunk of your time.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
JustCallMeMommy
DIS Veteran

'Ohana would win for me for food, characters, and atmosphere. We just didn't like the food at Chef Mickeys. Plus, Stitch is DD's favorite, and he is at 'Ohana.

JustCallMeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
kydisfan
Mouseketeer

We have done Chef Mickey's for breakfast the past two years. Last Monday was the most recent. We like it for the atmosphere and character interaction. It is a little loud and crowded but you get the classic characters. We usually try for a 7:00 am reservation so we can get to where we are going early.
kydisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #15
Jacindyyy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Both are great. One is get your own with more choices, the other is family style with more limited options. I prefer O'Hana because I thought it was just so good, but either are nice.

I'd probably do neither if you are going to Universal for the day. Either one can still take up a good chunk of your time.
I am possibly thinking of doing the day before as we are doing Epcot that day. So that will probably work out a little better having the monorail line available.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: