Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Extreme Makeover: Tinkerbellarella Pre-Trip Edition UPDATED 11/1/12!

Welcome to Extreme Makeover: Tinkerbellarella Pre-Trip Edition (a.k.a. Seriously, I will finish this one!)

No, seriously, I WILL finish this one.

Hi. Hello there. 'Sup.



Name's Tinkerbellarella. Some of you know me from way before I got overwhelmed with the DIS and bounced out of here for a self-imposed hiatus like a tike being launched out of a castle-shaped bouncy house.

That's really what it felt like. And you're welcome for the visual.

Some of you may not know me, so here are the basics (and you'll learn the rest as you go):
I love Disney (duh). I'm in my almost-but-not-quite mid-30's, live with my firefighter boyfriend and our two kitties (Isabel and Dory) and, much to my mother's chagrin, we have no children. Or plans for such. I am Fairy Godmother to three angels* though, so I get my fill of the kiddos. I've been to Disney enough times to have started to lose count. I'm a Poly-lover on a POP budget, but given I majored in English/Communications and Fuzzy Disney Math in college, I can always make it work.
(* That's subjective given the day and sugar intake.)

My Disney favorites:
Character: Obviously, Tink, but I also have big love for Stitch and WALL-E and that chick with the blue dress who refuses to vacate my castle
Park: Epcot (recently edged out the Magic Kingdom)
Ride: the PeopleMover (yes, really - it's a sentimental thing)
Resort - Deluxe: Poly
Resort - Moderate: Coronado Springs
Resort - Value: POP
Table Service Restaurant: California Grill
Counter Service Restaurant: Katsura Grill (what's with me and the grills? Maybe I need to bring this up in my next therapy session.)
Snack: Dole Whip float (pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice - I'm a purist)
Drink: Italian Margarita from the Tutto Italia kiosk
Nap spot: the WDW Railroad (again, yes, really, and everyone should have this as one of their Disney favorites categories)

On the non-Disney front, I have serious issues when it comes to shoes and purses (and anything COACH), books and stationary. DO NOT let me loose with a credit card in either a bookstore or Staples. Especially if it is YOUR credit card.

This trip is truly a makeover of sorts. Long story short-ish:
I went on a last-minute (as in booked it 3 days before leaving) trip in August and was, in a word, miserable. While I already had this trip booked, that experience really transformed what I wanted this trip to be and who/what/where I wanted to be on this trip.

Fast forward 6 weeks and here we are, plans in motion, both for the trip and trip prep (more on that later). Before I break down the plans in the ridiculously minute details that we DISers both know and love (and demand - we've got some serious OCD problems, people), here are the basics:

Trip Dates: 2/21/13-2/28/13
Resorts: Boardwalk Villas and Port Orleans Riverside
Events: Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend - Royal Family 5K
Cast of Characters (as if I wasn't entertaining enough myself): Moi, creativeamanda, and hopefully a slew (don't you just love that word? - sleeew) of other DISers who'll all be "in town" for the race weekend events

If you're gonna be there, please don't be shy! Sound off! I'm no stranger to, nor opposed to, DISMeets.

If you're not gonna be there, please don't be shy! Sound off! I like attention.

If you're a lurker, keep reading and don't sound off. Just enjoy. Though really, it's more fun if you post. Don't be shy. I don't bite. Or poke fun. Unless it's really funny, and even then, I'm good-natured.

I promise to update this puppy on a regular-ish schedule with both trip and training info. I'm not giving you a schedule, though. I don't do well with schedules. Or with access to unlimited cupcakes, but that's a whole OTHER story.

The next post will be reserved for a chapter list, in case you want to skip all of the (sometimes inane) chatter. And, with great hope, I'll say right now that I'll also be writing (and completing, one also hopes) a trip report.

If you're sticking around because you know me and you know what a Tinkerbellarella PTR is about, thanks.

If you're sticking around because you don't know me and you're wondering what a Tinkerbellarella PTR is about, thanks.

If you're not quite sure how you got here and you were really just interested in looking at Disney food porn, click HERE, and you're welcome.

ON DECK:

Tinkerbellarella's History of Disney 5K's (a.k.a. This Running Thing is HARD)
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:


Last edited by Tinkerbellarella; 11-01-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Chapter List
(In case you don't want to read all the comments...though they are fun )

Chp. 1 ^^^ Look up! ^^^
Chp. 2: Tinkerbellarella's History of Disney 5K's (a.k.a. This Running Thing is HARD)
Chp. 3: Where I Hang My Mouse Ears Is Home (a.k.a. The trip with NO resort changes!)
Chp. 4: Fly Like an Eagle (a.k.a. Early Bird Check-in=Best $10 Ever Spent)
Chp. 5: The Annual Pass (a.k.a. The Year I Spent in Disney)


__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:


Last edited by Tinkerbellarella; 11-01-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: New chapter!
Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,701

FIRST POST!!!!


(now I actually have to go back and read it!....)
__________________
LegoMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
No, seriously, I WILL finish this one.


Uh......ok.


Quote:
My Disney favorites:
Character: Obviously, Tink, but I also have big love for Stitch and WALL-E and that chick with the blue dress who refuses to vacate my castle
Move it along, Cindy! Our gal Tink has waited long enough!!

Quote:
Park: Epcot (recently edged out the Magic Kingdom)
Ride: the PeopleMover (yes, really - it's a sentimental thing)
Resort - Deluxe: Poly
Yes, yes, and yes!

Quote:
Resort - Moderate: Coronado Springs
Resort - Value: POP
Hmm....I'm more of a POR/ASMu gal myself. But that's the beauty of all those resorts....something for everyone!


Quote:
On the non-Disney front, I have serious issues when it comes to shoes and purses (and anything COACH), books and stationary. DO NOT let me loose with a credit card in either a bookstore or Staples. Especially if it is YOUR credit card.
Right now, you wouldn't want my credit card (almost full! ), but when it's nice and empty again, it's for me and DH to go......somewhere.


Quote:
Fast forward 6 weeks and here we are, plans in motion, both for the trip and trip prep (more on that later). Before I break down the plans in the ridiculously minute details that we DISers both know and love (and demand - we've got some serious OCD problems, people), here are the basics:

Trip Dates: 2/21/13-2/28/13
Resorts: Boardwalk Villas and Port Orleans Riverside
Events: Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend - Royal Family 5K
Cast of Characters (as if I wasn't entertaining enough myself): Moi, creativeamanda, and hopefully a slew (don't you just love that word? - sleeew) of other DISers who'll all be "in town" for the race weekend events
I'm a teeny-weeny bit envious that my name is not in that list, but, if I get to go at all, it's time for a me-and-DH overdue anniversary trip. So I'm good with taking this trip via your PTR/TR. (there WILL be a TR, right??! ) And maybe, someday, I'll get down there to do the coveted Half.


Quote:
I promise to update this puppy on a regular-ish schedule with both trip and training info. I'm not giving you a schedule, though. I don't do well with schedules. Or with access to unlimited cupcakes, but that's a whole OTHER story.
Mental note taken.


Quote:
The next post will be reserved for a chapter list, in case you want to skip all of the (sometimes inane) chatter. And, with great hope, I'll say right now that I'll also be writing (and completing, one also hopes) a trip report.

If you're sticking around because you know me and you know what a Tinkerbellarella PTR is about, thanks.
You're welcome.


Quote:
ON DECK:

Tinkerbellarella's History of Disney 5K's (a.k.a. This Running Thing is HARD)
Quote:
It is hard, but YOU CAN DO IT!!! Run, Tinerbellarella, run!!!

.
__________________
LegoMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Move it along, Cindy! Our gal Tink has waited long enough!!
Seriously, dude. She acts like she's a princess or something. Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Yes, yes, and yes!
It's like I'm suddenly in the middle of an Herbal Essences commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
but when it's nice and empty again, it's for me and DH to go......somewhere.
Like...Disney? Just sayin'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
I'm a teeny-weeny bit envious that my name is not in that list, but, if I get to go at all, it's time for a me-and-DH overdue anniversary trip.

There's room for you. Seriously. At no cost. You know, if you magically trip over free airfare or sumpthin.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Run, Tinerbellarella, run!!!
I have a sudden urge for a box of chocolates.
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,915

I am here. I might not comment a lot of the time as I tend to come and go here on the Dis but I am around.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Native NYer
DIS Veteran
 
Native NYer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 7,954

Joining in!!
__________________
Jennifer

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate
I am here. I might not comment a lot of the time as I tend to come and go here on the Dis but I am around.
Totally get it. And happy to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer
Joining in!!
Hi!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly
 
creativeamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,403

I'm here, tink!

Will come back later to read.
__________________
Disney Trips: Jan 2007 (POP); Oct 2008 (POR); June 2009 (POR); Dec 2009 (POFQ); June 2010 (POR);
June 2011 (POR/BC); June 2012 (POP/CSR); Feb 2013 (CSR/BWV); Jan 2014 (POP); Dec 2014 (POP)

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda
I'm here, tink!

Will come back later to read.
Ahhhh...it's my February partner in (non-felony) crime
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran
 
If U Had Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,222

You enticed me to find my way back to the Dis Boards. Seriously I had no idea how long I'd been away until my computer just told me my last log in was May 2011. How in the world did that happen?

Can't wait to hear all about your plans! A bit jealous, but still happy to live vicariously through you. Watch out though, or you may have me bunking out on your floor if it starts sounding too good.
__________________
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" - John "the Penguin" Bingham

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH
 
wdwpirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,158

I'm in! I'm in! Gracias for the invite!!!
__________________
Me (Kerri-35) DH (Jim-38)

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
You enticed me to find my way back to the Dis Boards.
Really?! Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Seriously I had no idea how long I'd been away until my computer just told me my last log in was May 2011.
I think mine might have been about April of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Watch out though, or you may have me bunking out on your floor if it starts sounding too good.
I'd be delighted to make room

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
I'm in! I'm in! Gracias for the invite!!!
Kerri! Yay! HI!

I'm intrigued. You have a surprise trip coming up? Who are you surprising? (If you can say here on the DIS, of course.)
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end
 
PrincessInOz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 90,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
No, seriously, I WILL finish this one.
I've been living through The Trippie without a Name aka The Trippie that isn't quite Finished....for the last two years by she who will remain nameless (*cough* *Kimmar* *cough*). I figure I can live through this one...finished or not. (*cough* *cough*)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
My Disney favorites:
Character: Obviously, Tink, but I also have big love for Stitch and WALL-E and that chick with the blue dress who refuses to vacate my castle
I think you're referring to MY future house.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Snack: Dole Whip float (pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice - I'm a purist)
Me too! Me too! Love this snack. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't come with a upsize option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
On the non-Disney front, I have serious issues when it comes to shoes and purses (and anything COACH), books and stationary. DO NOT let me loose with a credit card in either a bookstore or Staples. Especially if it is YOUR credit card.
Why would I hand over MY credit card? I have enough trouble with MY credit card as is...besides, it's on ice....in the freezer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Trip Dates: 2/21/13-2/28/13
Resorts: Boardwalk Villas and Port Orleans Riverside
Events: Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend - Royal Family 5K
Cast of Characters (as if I wasn't entertaining enough myself): Moi, creativeamanda, and hopefully a slew (don't you just love that word? - sleeew) of other DISers who'll all be "in town" for the race weekend events
Sounds like a fantastic trip and I think I've worked out your issue with shoes.....you run...with shoes!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
If you're a lurker, keep reading and don't sound off. Just enjoy. Though really, it's more fun if you post. Don't be shy. I don't bite. Or poke fun. Unless it's really funny, and even then, I'm good-natured.
That would be me (hangs head in shame)


__________________

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I think you're referring to MY future house.
OH SNAP. We might have to throw down!

Do we do this traditionally or Hunger Games style ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love this snack. The only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't come with a upsize option.
Or with a refillable mug option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
MY credit card as is...besides, it's on ice....in the freezer.
That's where mine belong.
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.