Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #691
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Bec, so sorry to read about this, you poor thing! I really hope you can get some cooperation from Delta tomorrow!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #692
becpee
I see sock puppets

Looks like we'll be flying out of San Diego tomorrow morning to Honolulu, then fly out of there on Saturday to Sydney

Aarrghhh

I am kicking myself and spewing

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #693
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

All the best for getting home Becpee. So sorry you have this to deal with at the end of what has sounded like a magical holiday.
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW planned!
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #694
becpee
I see sock puppets

Thanks everybody, I hardly slept last night, DH got on the phone to Delta this morning and sorted out a flight for us, Monday night, we used some leftover Delta credit and cash but I'll worry aboutb that when we get home, and nobody can explain why we weren't even told our ticket was cancelled.
And in the whole checkin area last night only 1 person tried to help us, 1 out of about 15.
So today when DH got off the phone we were debating what to do, where to go? The choice was San Diego or Palm Springs, deciding on PalmSprings we hired a car, Hotwired a hotel so off we go, we need to relax.

When life gives you lemons, you just gotta make vodka spiked lemonade...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #695
battymum
DIS Veteran

Have a great weekend, enjoy your Extra holiday! Did you speak to your insurance company, what is their tale on it?
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #696
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Thanks everybody, I hardly slept last night, DH got on the phone to Delta this morning and sorted out a flight for us, Monday night, we used some leftover Delta credit and cash but I'll worry aboutb that when we get home, and nobody can explain why we weren't even told our ticket was cancelled.
And in the whole checkin area last night only 1 person tried to help us, 1 out of about 15.
So today when DH got off the phone we were debating what to do, where to go? The choice was San Diego or Palm Springs, deciding on PalmSprings we hired a car, Hotwired a hotel so off we go, we need to relax.

I can't believe all of this has happened. I'm still confused about what went down but I'm so glad you've managed some "vodka spiked lemonade" . Palm Springs sounds lovely. Enjoy this extra little gift of time you've been given. Safe travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Have a great weekend, enjoy your Extra holiday! Did you speak to your insurance company, what is their tale on it?
I'd like to know this also.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #697
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

I just logged in - wow what a 24 hours you have hadI hope it is all sorted and hasn't cost you too much $$$.

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #698
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Thank goodness you have sorted something out!, and hopefully a relaxing few days in Palms Springs will help you get over the stress and give you a nice finish to the trip.

Hope you have extended your travel insurance? You really don't want to be uninsured while you're there.

Andona
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #699
marvel
DIS Veteran

wow, glad you ended up with flights in the end. After a while it will be a fond memory of what happened on that trip. In the end you are safe and sound and can enjoy some more time in the US.

At least it shows you what to expect with Delta.
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #700
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
At least it shows you what to expect with Delta.
Thats exactly what i was thinking! I wont be flying them anytime soon.

Quote:

I am still totally shocked they are allowed to cancel an international ticket did they give you credit for the cancelled flight?

Enjoy your extra 5 days at least you get to see somewhere else and i hope you have extended your travel insurance but i am wondering if they have helped you at all during this time?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #701
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Glad you got a flight home Bec. Enjoy the time....and the vodka lemonade. Sounds like lots of sugar will be needed. Lots of sugar.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #702
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Well you must have made some form of correct turn in Albuquerque, to end up in Palm Springs after all this

Sorry, I've had too much sugar this morning. I've always wanted to go to Palm Springs and Albuquerque, just like Bugs Bunny always talked about...
Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #703
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
I can't believe all of this has happened. I'm still confused about what went down but I'm so glad you've managed some "vodka spiked lemonade" . Palm Springs sounds lovely. Enjoy this extra little gift of time you've been given. Safe travels.

I'd like to know this also.
The way this happened I can laugh about it now

We booked flights with Delta MEL-MCO-LAX-MEL
A price drop of $700 per fare entitled us to a Delta credit which they offered us in certificate form only.
With $700 in useless Delta credit we rang and asked them to add in flights MCO-LGA then JFK-LAX, asking them a the time about the MCO-LAX flight that we now would not get as we were taking a different route the person on the phone said something along the lines of just don't get it.
So we got on our separate flights, no correspondence about the tickets being cancelled, nada nothing.
Then trying to self checkin last night, with no help from the extremely unhelpful staff at Delta, one lady trying to find my itinerary then literally saying "I can't find it" and walking away leaving me standing there.
The young girl at the special services counter was lovely and was the only person who tried to do anything, then saying that the people at the central bookings wild not help me because "of what happened with my ticket previously"
What did happen with my ticket previously? I bought one, paid for the seat, they oversold the flight and gave my seat away. The oversell this flight every single night apparently.
I guess it's easy for them to take 2 people's money and only have one sitting on the plane, it's in their best interest to do so.
I also don't understand why we were told just to not turn up and not that there were consequences for the whole itinerary if we weren't there for one leg when we were booking flights to change the itinerary.

Expensive lesson learnt, Delta suck.
DH was speaking to the rep this morning and she could see the new bookings for the other flights and herself seemed shocked that the rep hadn't told us.

Travel insurance was extended by a week thanks for reminding me, our luck would be that one of us would break a leg if I had forgotten to renew it.

We found a place last night, La Hacienda LAX, cheap and cheerful LOL I didn't sleep much, but the others zonked.

I will be contacting Delta when I get home, I doubt stupidity is covered by travel insurance but it will be scathing, not only about the initial ticket problems but the way it was handled (or not handled)

If you're looking for my I'm in Palm Springs, sitting by the pool

Expensive, but at the end of the day is been an awesome trip, we are lucky in so many ways.
My friends Dad passed less than a week after being diagnosed with Leukemia, I have had my eyes opened to the homeless issues, it hurts me to see people living like that, it shouldn't happen.
If this is the worst of it, I still think I'm lucky.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #704
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

mate that sucked.....

Quote:
The way this happened I can laugh about it now

We booked flights with Delta MEL-MCO-LAX-MEL
A price drop of $700 per fare entitled us to a Delta credit which they offered us in certificate form only.
With $700 in useless Delta credit we rang and asked them to add in flights MCO-LGA then JFK-LAX, asking them a the time about the MCO-LAX flight that we now would not get as we were taking a different route the person on the phone said something along the lines of just don't get it.
So we got on our separate flights, no correspondence about the tickets being cancelled, nada nothing.
Then trying to self checkin last night, with no help from the extremely unhelpful staff at Delta, one lady trying to find my itinerary then literally saying "I can't find it" and walking away leaving me standing there.
The young girl at the special services counter was lovely and was the only person who tried to do anything, then saying that the people at the central bookings wild not help me because "of what happened with my ticket previously"
What did happen with my ticket previously? I bought one, paid for the seat, they oversold the flight and gave my seat away. The oversell this flight every single night apparently.
I guess it's easy for them to take 2 people's money and only have one sitting on the plane, it's in their best interest to do so.
I also don't understand why we were told just to not turn up and not that there were consequences for the whole itinerary if we weren't there for one leg when we were booking flights to change the itinerary.

Expensive lesson learnt, Delta suck.
DH was speaking to the rep this morning and she could see the new bookings for the other flights and herself seemed shocked that the rep hadn't told us.

Travel insurance was extended by a week thanks for reminding me, our luck would be that one of us would break a leg if I had forgotten to renew it.

We found a place last night, La Hacienda LAX, cheap and cheerful LOL I didn't sleep much, but the others zonked.

I will be contacting Delta when I get home, I doubt stupidity is covered by travel insurance but it will be scathing, not only about the initial ticket problems but the way it was handled (or not handled)

If you're looking for my I'm in Palm Springs, sitting by the pool

Expensive, but at the end of the day is been an awesome trip, we are lucky in so many ways.
My friends Dad passed less than a week after being diagnosed with Leukemia, I have had my eyes opened to the homeless issues, it hurts me to see people living like that, it shouldn't happen.
If this is the worst of it, I still think I'm lucky.
your a lot calmer than what i would have been....I cant believe they would do that.....

but as you say, we are lucky in so many ways and when you weigh it all up, as long as you get home safe and your mental health fairly intact...then a good trip had by all...

travel brings the unexpected..always plan for the worse and then enjoy when things turn out ....

enjoy the pool time....I miss my pool time..I'm getting vitamin D withdrawls
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #705
Beee
Mouseketeer

You poor things what an end to what sounds like an awesome trip! So glad you have now got a trip home sorted. Enjoy your bonus weekend in palm springs and hopefully you can sort out all the extra expense once you get home.

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: