Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #16
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Let's complete the day schedules!

After MK on Sunday we'll probably have started packing already (to avoid leaving all of it for the last night!

Then on Monday February 4th it's going to do double park again, with double EMH! Morning on AK and Evening at DHS!

We will probably grab a bite at the hotel then have breakfast at Pizzafari after the EMH which should be full with EE (and maybe grabbing a FP to the Safari!)

As we should have done a lot on AK the first day, this time it will be to redo all we want, enjoy the trails and search for the little things! Let's see how it all goes!

On the first AK day we should have had lunch at either Anandapur Local Cafes (Yay & Yeti Counter Service) or Flame Tree Barbecue, and now we should grab lunch at the other one of these!

We'll not be in a hurry and when we decide that we are done with AK its time to take a bus to a Boardwalk hotel (better than TTC and we may be able to grab another Fried Ice Cream at the Boardwalk! ) and then walk or take the boat to DHS!

People may be asking why are we going 3 times to DHS (1 full day and 2 half days), but it is one of my favorite parks (probably second only to EPCOT which also gets 3 times!) as it holds several of my top attractions (ToT, RnRC, ST, MuppetVision, Disney Animation, Indy) and one that should get a place among them (TSMM).

We'll do most of those again on this day and take some time to browse the shops as I always find interesting movie stuff! Last time I didn't have time to go back to Tatooine Traders on our last day at DHS, so I won't let anyone get in my way this time!
Does anyone know if the Droid Factory is still working? R2-D2 is one of my favorite SW characters and would love to make a Disney version of him!

As we should have done Fantasmic on the first night, this time it will be multiple of those favorite attractions during Fantasmic time and EMH!
I'm planning dinner for the Backlot Express (not sure if I ever tried it, but read nice reviews!)

We should stay there until they decide to get rid of us! And then its back to Pop for more packing and leaving everything ready for the Magical Express and the flights back to Brazil!

But we're not over yet!!! We still have the last day, February 5th, which will be Epcot again!

It's EMH morning on Epcot and on the last day, every single hour we can enjoy is a good hour! We should do as we have done in the other parks EMHs, grab a bite at the hotel, be there for RD, do lots of things until other guests arrive and then grab something else for breakfast, this time at either Norway's Kringla Bakeri, France's Boulangerie Patisserie or if we get hungry before WS opens, Sunshine Seasons.

I'm not sure of the time Disney will schedule for our Magical Express (we have a 7pm flight to Miami and a connection there to Sao Paulo), so I believe we'll have time to stay at Epcot until lunch. If so we'll get something closer to the exit before we head out (Electric Umbrella most likely). If not we'll have to have lunch at Pop before leaving.

We'll then return to Pop, grab our suitcases that we will have left at the front desk in the morning and just enjoy the last moments for some extra pictures and maybe another souvenir! Last time I got DFi (DGF back then) a very cute Stitch plush on our last night at ASSports!

Then it's off to Orlando International Airport and our flights home!

Updated schedule! (New stuff)

January
Sunday 20th - Flight from Brazil and Late arrival in Orlando.
Monday 21st - Orlando Premium Outlets (hopefully a sale!)
Tuesday 22nd - Sea World and check in at Pop Century!
Wednesday 23rd - Islands of Adventure and Blue Man Group
Thursday 24th - Universal Studios and Orlando Magic game
Friday 25th - Ohana breakfast, Gatorland, Bridal shops and Downtown Disney evening
Saturday 26th - Mara breakfast at AKL, mix between Sea World, Typhoon Lagoon and/or bridal shops and Downtown Disney evening
Sunday 27th - Trip to Tampa, Busch Gardens, Trip back to Orlando
Monday 28th - Boardwalk Bakery breakfast, Hollywood Studios with Sci-Fi lunch with EMH evening and later Boardwalk!
Tuesday 29th - Islands of Adventure / Universal Studios, Mall at Millenia, drop off the car at Disney Car Care
Wednesday 30th - Epcot with maybe Teppan Edo dinner
Thursday 31st - EMH Morning at Magic Kingdom with maybe Downtown Disney evening

February
Friday 1st - Animal Kingdom with maybe Tusker House breakfast, Downtown Disney evening with T-Rex Dinner
Saturday 2nd - EMH Morning at Hollywood Studios, Lunch at Beaches & Cream, Epcot for the rest of the day!
Sunday 3rd - Contemporary Breakfast, MK day with maybe Be Our Guest dinner and EMH evening
Monday 4th - EMH morning at Animal Kingdom and EMH evening at Hollywood Studios
Tuesday 5th - EMH morning at Epcot, return to Pop, Magical Express and flight back to Brazil leaving MCO at 7pm

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #17
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for Wednesday to see the new offers!

I've already overplanned on meals and that may all change with these offers!

Here is my current meal plan (and what would be our use for CS credits if there had been FD which isn't looking very likely nowadays )
  • January 20th
    • D - Miami International Airport
  • January 21st
    • B - off-site
    • L - Orlando Premium Outlets
    • D - Outlets or off-site
  • January 22nd
    • B - off-site
    • L - Sharks Underwater Grill (SW)
    • D - Everything Pop! (CS1)
  • January 23rd
    • B - Citywalk
    • L - Mythos or Three Broomsticks
    • D - Pastamore or another at Citywalk
  • January 24th
    • B - Everything Pop (CS2)
    • L - Some Universal CS
    • D - Amway Center
  • January 25th
    • B - Ohana at Poly
    • L - Gatorland
    • D - DTD CS, maybe FoodQuest (CS3)
  • January 26th
    • B - Mara at AKL (CS4)
    • L - (depends if we go to Sea World, Typhoon Lagoon or just shopping)
    • D - Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD (CS5)
  • January 27th
    • B - Landscape of Flavors at AoA (CS6)
    • L - Busch Gardens
    • D - DTD CS, Pop or off-site (depends on the time we return from Tampa)
  • January 28th
    • B - Boardwalk Bakery (CS7)
    • L - Sci-Fi Dine In
    • D - Pizza Planet or other HS CS (CS8)
  • January 29th
    • B - Everything Pop (CS9)
    • L - Mythos
    • D - Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Millenia
  • January 30th
    • B - Landscape of Flavors (CS10)
    • L - Sunshine Seasons (CS11)
    • D - Sommerfest (CS12)
  • January 31st
    • B - Main Street Bakery? (CS13)
    • L - Be Our Guest (CS14)
    • D - Casey's Corner (CS15)
  • February 1st
    • B - Everything Pop (CS16)
    • L - Flame Tree Barbecue (CS17)
    • D - T-Rex
  • February 2nd
    • B - Starring Rolls (CS18)
    • L - Beaches & Cream at Beach Club
    • D - Katsura Grill (CS19)
  • February 3rd
    • B - Contempo Cafe (CS20)
    • L - Columbia Harbor House (CS21)
    • D - Pecos Bill (CS22)
  • February 4th
    • B - Pizzafari (CS23)
    • L - Anandapur Local Cafes (CS24)
    • D - Backlot Express (CS25)
  • February 5th
    • B - Everything Pop! (CS26)
    • L - Electric Umbrella (CS27)
    • D - Orlando International Airport

I know it didn't add up to 28 CS credits which we would get for 14 nights on the QSDP (we would use that last CS credit either on the dinner of the Jan 26th returning from Tampa or for some Boulangerie itens before leaving Epcot on the last day) but we will only get all those CS credits if FD is finally released, if not we'll most likely do one of the changes below.

My current ideas for resorts are:
  • continue with our 14 nights at Pop without offers (current selection and what will happen if I can't get any offers)
  • continue with 14 nights at Pop getting Room Only discount
  • extend 3 nights at the off-site hotel (or get split stay at Pop with room-only discount for that first part) and:
  • 11 nights at Pop with QSDP on the stay/play/dine offer
  • 11 nights at POR with DDP on the stay/play/dine offer (first time considering a moderate, but if the offer makes it worthwhile, why not!)

Pop and POR are just my first choices for value and moderate resorts, if not available we could change into others of that price range.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies

WDW Commando Member #215
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm subbing.

Your plans sound great. Very detailed!

We will be at Pop for some of the same days. I really enjoy their food court.

Our free dining offer in the US can be booked on Oct 10th. There is also a Disney Visa offer out there now. Good luck getting free dining.

Looking forward to reading more about your plans.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm subbing.

Your plans sound great. Very detailed!

We will be at Pop for some of the same days. I really enjoy their food court.

Our free dining offer in the US can be booked on Oct 10th. There is also a Disney Visa offer out there now. Good luck getting free dining.

Looking forward to reading more about your plans.
Thanks for subbing!

We can book the US offers on Oct 10th as well (I've booked my package so far in Disney's website and will have to call now to make the necessary changes!) I hope it really happens to be free dining and not just the stay / play / dine as disney visa cardholders had last week!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #20
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Great plans!! Are you originally from the US?? You type with really good English!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #21
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985
Great plans!! Are you originally from the US?? You type with really good English!!!
No, I'm Brazilian born and raised, but I've decided to learn English as soon as I returned from my first trip to WDW when I was 5 (Disney influenced me on even that!) I started getting private conversation lessons with a relative that was an English teacher and never stopped studying it.
Nowadays I'm a computer engineer but I also have a degree as a translator and interpreter between English and Portuguese.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #22
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Eduardo, your plans are looking good, I know your going for The WOW Factor have you thought of any special little things to do, remember it's the little things that mean the most, plenty of things around the parks that will not even cost anything except maybe a little effort, and in the future she will always remember them
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #23
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Eduardo, your plans are looking good, I know your going for The WOW Factor have you thought of any special little things to do, remember it's the little things that mean the most, plenty of things around the parks that will not even cost anything except maybe a little effort, and in the future she will always remember them
Hi Ron! Thanks for stopping by!

For now the only little things I have planned are the Silhouettes at MK, the Pearls at the Japan pavillion and to take them all to Ohana for a different breakfast, hopefully they'll like a character meal!

Another thing planned is to visit more resorts and enjoy the theming of those places, including the different modes of transportation (I'll try to get all the cards as well! ) I've never visited Port Orleans for example and I believe that is a nice stop on our way from park to DTD, using their ferries!

I don't know if I mentioned, but I'm planning on getting the Photopass+, specially for the ride photos, but once I have the PhotoCD I'll make sure that we take lots of pics around the parks, including Magic Shots!

I've seen some details around the parks that I'll make sure to show them! Need to get Debbie's Secret Document, I've e-mailed her but she never replied!

Do you have any other suggestions? Reading your TRs I've thought about the Harmony Barber Shop, but that would be mostly for me though!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #24
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Hi Ron! Thanks for stopping by!

For now the only little things I have planned are the Silhouettes at MK, the Pearls at the Japan pavillion and to take them all to Ohana for a different breakfast, hopefully they'll like a character meal!

Another thing planned is to visit more resorts and enjoy the theming of those places, including the different modes of transportation (I'll try to get all the cards as well! ) I've never visited Port Orleans for example and I believe that is a nice stop on our way from park to DTD, using their ferries!

I don't know if I mentioned, but I'm planning on getting the Photopass+, specially for the ride photos, but once I have the PhotoCD I'll make sure that we take lots of pics around the parks, including Magic Shots!

I've seen some details around the parks that I'll make sure to show them! Need to get Debbie's Secret Document, I've e-mailed her but she never replied!

Do you have any other suggestions? Reading your TRs I've thought about the Harmony Barber Shop, but that would be mostly for me though!
Your on the right path, but let's take the fork in the road and go for some added zing
Maybe try some of these
-MK Look for the Horse drawn trolly when it stops at the train station on Main Street, now what you want is The Dapper Dans to be on the back (usually near the time of the Main Street show they will ride), get on board but as your getting on talk to them and ask if they can sing When You Wish Upon A Star to your Fiancee, this is sure to bring a Happy tear to her eye

- Watch the Electric Water Pageant from the dock of the Contemporary, hardly anyone there quite romantic

- While in AK, go to the Thailand booth and have her make a fish or bird weaved from grass for your Fiancee

These kind of things are free, might take some effort, but you can't put a price on them if you can pull it off
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #25
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your on the right path, but let's take the fork in the road and go for some added zing
Maybe try some of these
-MK Look for the Horse drawn trolly when it stops at the train station on Main Street, now what you want is The Dapper Dans to be on the back (usually near the time of the Main Street show they will ride), get on board but as your getting on talk to them and ask if they can sing When You Wish Upon A Star to your Fiancee, this is sure to bring a Happy tear to her eye

- Watch the Electric Water Pageant from the dock of the Contemporary, hardly anyone there quite romantic

- While in AK, go to the Thailand booth and have her make a fish or bird weaved from grass for your Fiancee

These kind of things are free, might take some effort, but you can't put a price on them if you can pull it off
Thanks! Great ideas!

I've read about the trolley and will keep an eye out for it!

About the pageant I was already thinking about it, specially on our second MK night, which has EMH until 10pm and its Superbowl night so it will probably be less crowded and if we leave the park a bit before 10 we'll surely see it in front of either MK or the contemporary! Do you think that is doable?

Where exactly is that Thailand booth? Never heard of it! It seems a great memory in the making!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #26
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Thanks! Great ideas!

I've read about the trolley and will keep an eye out for it!

About the pageant I was already thinking about it, specially on our second MK night, which has EMH until 10pm and its Superbowl night so it will probably be less crowded and if we leave the park a bit before 10 we'll surely see it in front of either MK or the contemporary! Do you think that is doable?

Where exactly is that Thailand booth? Never heard of it! It seems a great memory in the making!
I think it's doable, as long as the pageant is going on that night, if you can check into the club while you are there we can get you the exact time it will be passing the Contemp (usually a few minutes after the fireworks)

I'm sure alot of people have no clue on this one, it was something I heard of but wanted to confirm before I shared, Confirmed, talked about it a bit on the Commando Club posts 2058 & 2206

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 10-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #27
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think it's doable, as long as the pageant is going on that night, if you can check into the club while you are there we can get you the exact time it will be passing the Contemp (usually a few minutes after the fireworks)

I'm sure alot of people have no clue on this one, it was something I heard of but wanted to confirm before I shared, Confirmed, talked about it a bit on the Commando Club posts 2058 & 2206
Great! Can't wait to try that booth!

I'll surely check into the club!
I'm planning on getting a pre-paid chip for my iPhone at AT&T or some other mobile company as soon as I land in Miami Airport (with a 3.5 hour layover! ) to make sure I have access to the Disboards and things like the Lines app at all times. I know that now there is Wi-Fi in the parks, but I've read that it isn't a particularly fast connection and that on off-site parks there is none! I just can't be there without being able to contact my fellow commandos!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Finally I believe our package has reached its final form!

This morning I spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Disney! But it all paid off because I changed our 14-night at Pop with 8 day MYW tickets (Hopper and Fun) to 11-night still at Pop and same tickets but now with QSDP for only $7 more.

It will add up to $200 if we include the 3 extra nights at the off-site hotel!

Basically traded 3 nights at Pop for a lot of food! LOL!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #29
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Well, after this morning's resort changes I'll have to make some adjustments to my dining schedule, specially considering we'll have 22 CS credits each instead of 28 as it would have been if we had kept the 14 nights.

I'm thinking that breakfast at several locations have certain platters that can surely be shared, allowing us to spend just a couple CS credits on breakfast for 4 on some occasions. Is that correct?

I believe some other lunch/dinner locations might also have large entrees so that 3 might be enough for 4 adults (I doubt we could get less than that because my DBIL, like most teens, can eat quite a bit! )

Considering all that and the nice offers we manage to grab today, I'll thinking on splurging a little on a special dinner. I have a couple ADRs that I'd love to try (both new to me): Be Our Guest (seems amazing, but we would be getting lunch there on the other MK day anyway!) or Le Cellier (heard a lot about their steaks and about the Maple Creme Brulee, but it is a bit over our budget!)
Any suggestions?

About Le Cellier: what is the size of the steak? Is it enough for sharing? Any other worthwhile entrees?

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 10-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #30
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Well, after this morning's resort changes I'll have to make some adjustments to my dining schedule, specially considering we'll have 22 CS credits each instead of 28 as it would have been if we had kept the 14 nights.

I'm thinking that breakfast at several locations have certain platters that can surely be shared, allowing us to spend just a couple CS credits on breakfast for 4 on some occasions. Is that correct?

I believe some other lunch/dinner locations might also have large entrees so that 3 might be enough for 4 adults (I doubt we could get less than that because my DBIL, like most teens, can eat quite a bit! )

Considering all that and the nice offers we manage to grab today, I'll thinking on splurging a little on a special dinner. I have a couple ADRs that I'd love to try (both new to me): Be Our Guest (seems amazing, but we would be getting lunch there on the other MK day anyway!) or Le Cellier (heard a lot about their steaks and about the Maple Creme Brulee, but it is a bit over our budget!)
Any suggestions?

About Le Cellier: what is the size of the steak? Is it enough for sharing? Any other worthwhile entrees?
I'm a little confused CS credit is , I know QS is Quick Serve and TS is Table Service

As for Le Cellier, I love the place don't get me wrong, I would never use 2 credits to go there, we are doing lunch next trip while it's still 1 credit, but once it goes to 2 most likely will never go again, the strip steak is 12ozs,at $40 something & the rib eye is 16ozs also at $40 something, If you are paying Out of pocket I would look at Shula's you can get a 32oz prime rib for like $46 that would be enough for 2, even though sides are ala cart they are big portions at about $10 each so if you got 2 sides with a prime rib your looking at roughly $65, add say a wedge salad (enough for 2) at $10, now your looking at $75, with sodas and without dessert, you would be at the same price as LeCellar if you got 2 steaks only with a lot more food, if your paying out of pocket it's something to consider

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1

Last edited by Disney Commando; 10-11-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: