Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
You asked when the port opens but I don't see what your port arrival time is posted. If you do not have the 11:00-11:30 PAT, you may be asked to wait outside. Also, your boarding number is tied to your PAT, so if you arrive early and check in at the terminal before that time, you will have to wait for your boarding number before you can actually board the ship.
we don't have a port arrival time, we're in concierge. we can come whenever we want. But i tend to get stressed, so i like to come early no matter where i'm going.

(although i've heard there are so few people on our cruise that even the last minute floridians are getting very early PATs)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zealandsmom View Post
Closest Starbucks is like 15 minutes away.....6.5 miles
If you are driving, there is a Starbucks in the Target on Merritt Island. You can stop and get your coffee and not even go out of your way.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990

If you are driving, there is a Starbucks in the Target on Merritt Island. You can stop and get your coffee and not even go out of your way.
Thanks!
Good place to buy junk food too I bet

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
The Target in Merritt Island isn't exactly right off the highway. If I drank coffee - I'd settle for McDonald's anywhere along the way.

I suggest you exit in Cocoa at Clearlake Road (the first exit east of where 528 crosses I-95) and keep to the right. There's a McDonald's right there, and across the street (SR 524) is a shopping center with a Publix - among other stores. While there isn't a Target in Cocoa, there's a Walmart not far on 524.

Last edited by NancyIL; 10-10-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo - Clearlake Rd. - not Clear Lake Rd!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
The Target in Merritt Island isn't exactly right off the highway. If I drank coffee - I'd settle for McDonald's anywhere along the way.

I suggest you exit in Cocoa at Clear Lake Road (the first exit east of where 528 crosses I-95) and keep to the right. There's a McDonald's right there, and across the street (SR 524) is a shopping center with a Publix - among other stores. While there isn't a Target in Cocoa, there's a Walmart not far on 524.
thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
thanks!
You're welcome. Clearlake (not Clear Lake) Road/SR 524 is exit 45 on 528 as you drive from WDW towards the port.

Last edited by NancyIL; 10-10-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: URL no longer works
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post

I suggest you exit in Cocoa at Clearlake Road (the first exit east of where 528 crosses I-95) and keep to the right. There's a McDonald's right there, and across the street (SR 524) is a shopping center with a Publix - among other stores. While there isn't a Target in Cocoa, there's a Walmart not far on 524.
I Mapquested it and it is 1.48 miles off of Route 528. In my world that is right off the exit, far better than the one on Route A1A that is 6 miles away. It's your choice, of course.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #23
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
I Mapquested it and it is 1.48 miles off of Route 528. In my world that is right off the exit, far better than the one on Route A1A that is 6 miles away. It's your choice, of course.
No doubt 1.48 miles is better than 6 miles. But for coffee and maybe snacks - the McDonald's and Publix off Clearlake Rd. are "right off the exit."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: