Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #196
Amandagoff1984
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lehigh Acres, FL
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
i am checking in online in 2 days and have a question. i have heard varying reports about requests via online check in. some people say do NOT put anything in the request lines when checking in online because it will override whatever you originally requested. others have said to put your requests in again when you check in online. if i leave them blank, will that override the requests i already put in (meaning i will have no requests at all)? i made specific requests (3 or 4) when we booked over the phone in july, but i know online only gives you 2 choices. king bed is our biggest priority, then near transportation, then upper floor. we asked for the 80s as well. i know the more specific you are, the harder it is to accommodate, but i really want a king bed in the 80s section near the 90s parking lot.

so should i repeat my top requests when checking in online or leave them blank? thanks everyone!


I just did my online check in and there were only two options given and no where to write extra. I think that if they already have your original reguest than you should be fine. But you could always call to make sure that your reguests are still showing in there system. Also, I don't remember seeing King Bed as an online request, only building, floor and pack n play.Hope this helps
Amandagoff1984 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #197
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
i am checking in online in 2 days and have a question. i have heard varying reports about requests via online check in. some people say do NOT put anything in the request lines when checking in online because it will override whatever you originally requested. others have said to put your requests in again when you check in online. if i leave them blank, will that override the requests i already put in (meaning i will have no requests at all)? i made specific requests (3 or 4) when we booked over the phone in july, but i know online only gives you 2 choices. king bed is our biggest priority, then near transportation, then upper floor. we asked for the 80s as well. i know the more specific you are, the harder it is to accommodate, but i really want a king bed in the 80s section near the 90s parking lot.

so should i repeat my top requests when checking in online or leave them blank? thanks everyone!
I always do online check in. I'm not sure if they got the glitch fixed or not. I only had one time recently where they didn't see my previous request in the computer, and that was one that disabilities put in. I think that was in December or whenever we stayed at POFQ. Everytime since both disabilities and my online request showed up.

Each time I've arrived at POP, they just handed me my packet with room keys all ready to go and a room already assigned. Usually it is a very quick process. I think Pop handles online check in better than any other resort I've stayed at and used online check in.
lovethattink is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #198
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandagoff1984 View Post
I just did my online check in and there were only two options given and no where to write extra. I think that if they already have your original reguest than you should be fine. But you could always call to make sure that your reguests are still showing in there system. Also, I don't remember seeing King Bed as an online request, only building, floor and pack n play.Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I always do online check in. I'm not sure if they got the glitch fixed or not. I only had one time recently where they didn't see my previous request in the computer, and that was one that disabilities put in. I think that was in December or whenever we stayed at POFQ. Everytime since both disabilities and my online request showed up.

Each time I've arrived at POP, they just handed me my packet with room keys all ready to go and a room already assigned. Usually it is a very quick process. I think Pop handles online check in better than any other resort I've stayed at and used online check in.
thanks! king is our most important request, so i don't want to put in something as a first request online and have POP think king isn't that important. i might just have to call i guess. thanks again!
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #199
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice1386 View Post
Does anyone know (silly question-I know someone does) if there is a grace period when you can book a bounce back offer after you check out? I was unfaithful to POP for my honeymoon and went to CSR... Never again... I was definitely disappointed by CSR and missed my beloved POP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Close of business on your check out day I believe. I know people have posted they tried the next day after they got home and was unable to do so. I do know they check during the phone call to make sure you are currently staying at a WDW resort, but as long as the computer shows you were checked in that same morning you should be fine.
Short answer -- no grace period for me!

Story - In 2011 tried unsuccessfully post-trip to book a free dining bounceback. My reason was the FD bounceback flier was not placed in my room during the entire trip. I was looking out for it but a room rate flier was in my room the whole time. This was Aug 20-27 2011.

I got home and saw postings from other Pop guests that they had the FD bounceback flier in their room, and then other posters said (or claimed) they were allowed to book these bouncebacks post-trip.

Based on these claims and the flier not being provided to me, I tried twice to book the bounceback offer from home. I explained I never got the flier. They checked with managers. They said no. They didn't want my money.

Lessons learned:
1. Yes, Disney, I know the bounceback is only good for in-room guests.
2. Next time ask at the desk if I have the current bounceback flier or not.
3. Check the DIS during my trip, which last year I didn't too. Free wifi will help with that!

Disney learned:
1. I will go to Disneyland instead. But I didn't stay at one of their hotels, so
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #200
gailpet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36

Are there special activities at Pop during the evening/afternoons? (m)

We're headed there next week (10/19 - 10/22) and wondered if the hotel does anything fun/special activities, etc. that kids would enjoy? I thought I read something somewhere about movies that are shown? But can't remember where I saw that?

Thanks!
gailpet is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #201
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailpet View Post
We're headed there next week (10/19 - 10/22) and wondered if the hotel does anything fun/special activities, etc. that kids would enjoy? I thought I read something somewhere about movies that are shown? But can't remember where I saw that?

Thanks!
You probably saw it on the first page of this thread!

The list of movies for this month are even listed. Check out post #6.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #202
TutuWahineLV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 9

I"ll be there one week from today. this thread has been a great help, am glad to see the recent remarks reguarding Solo Travelers... I was just a little concerned about picking Pop. But not anymore .
Now all I have to do is get this wedding trip to cancun outta the way, so I can enjoy my 'me' time at the World.
__________________
Sitting Quietly in the corner, but enjoying the reading....


first trip to WDW 05 / CBR
last trip 06 AKL/BCR

next trip OCT 12 / Pop
TutuWahineLV is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #203
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

I just booked today!! I'm coming!!

First time at Pop Century!!

We (me and my 2 boys 6 & 5) will be staying from May 15 -19 for 4 nights. And then we are moving over to the Caribbean Beach Resort for 3 nights.


I have a "preferred pool view" Generally speaking, which areas am I likely to end up having a room?

Oh and are any of the pools at Pop zero entry pools?

Thanks
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #204
Gginnola
Earning My Ears
 
Gginnola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 16

Okay, tomorrow is my online check-in!!! I'm so excited!!!! My DH and I are going to celebrate our anniversary. We've been to Disney a bunch of times, but have never stayed at Pop. I looked at the map of Pop, and I just can't figure out the building numbers.... Is building 10 in the 70's by the Big Wheel? We have a preferred room, and I think that one looks close to the buses. Is that a good spot, or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone that put this thread together, it's awesome!!!!
__________________


Next Trip - 11/14 BLT
2012 - POP, 2008 - WL, 2005 - POR, 2001 - CSR, 1999 - WL, 1997 - POR, 1995 - POFQ, 1993 - POFQ, 1989 - Treehouse Villas, 1976 - FW, 1974 - First Trip - FW

Gginnola is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #205
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher
I just booked today!! I'm coming!!

First time at Pop Century!!

We (me and my 2 boys 6 & 5) will be staying from May 15 -19 for 4 nights. And then we are moving over to the Caribbean Beach Resort for 3 nights.

I have a "preferred pool view" Generally speaking, which areas am I likely to end up having a room?

Oh and are any of the pools at Pop zero entry pools?

Thanks
Preferred pool is pretty specific. You will be in the 60's with a view of the Hippy Dippy pool.

No zero entry pools at Pop.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #206
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Preferred pool is pretty specific. You will be in the 60's with a view of the Hippy Dippy pool.

No zero entry pools at Pop.

That's great! Thanks for sharing that info


With that said, would you say that it's a good area to be in?
It'll be just me, and my 2 boys (6 and 5 years old). I guess easy of access is most important for us. And not too much noise past 11pm. Am I dreaming?

I've heard you can see the Fireworks from Epcot if you are on the top floors in certain building, is this true?
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #207
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcarwash

Preferred pool is pretty specific. You will be in the 60's with a view of the Hippy Dippy pool.

No zero entry pools at Pop.


That's great! Thanks for sharing that info


With that said, would you say that it's a good area to be in?
It'll be just me, and my 2 boys (6 and 5 years old). I guess easy of access is most important for us. And not too much noise past 11pm. Am I dreaming?

I've heard you can see the Fireworks from Epcot if you are on the top floors in certain building, is this true?
Noisewise, I would say you are honestly in the noisiest part of the entire complex. You will 'probably' be okay for nighttime for the time of year you are travelling, but if it is an exceptionally hot spell and there are late night swimmers....well....
And if you want to go back for a midday nap, then that will definitely be an issue as they have poolside activities there all afternoon. It would be my least favorite place to be after the 80's/90's section. due to the level of noise. The big upside is you are most definitely the absolutely closest you can be to the food court & bus stops! Hopefully the noise won't be as bad as it is in full swing summertime, but you never know.... Hope you have a great trip and enjoy POP!!


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #208
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,539

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher

That's great! Thanks for sharing that info

With that said, would you say that it's a good area to be in?
It'll be just me, and my 2 boys (6 and 5 years old). I guess easy of access is most important for us. And not too much noise past 11pm. Am I dreaming?

I've heard you can see the Fireworks from Epcot if you are on the top floors in certain building, is this true?
Ease of access, this location has it all. You will be right on top of the main pool and steps away from the main hall and food court.

As for noise...you will be facing the pool area and so there will be pool noise at night, depending on what the pool hours are during your stay.

Yes, Pop is close enough to see some of the fireworks portions of Illuminations from upper floors.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #209
bentopher
Mouseketeer
 
bentopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada :)
Posts: 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Noisewise, I would say you are honestly in the noisiest part of the entire complex. You will 'probably' be okay for nighttime for the time of year you are travelling, but if it is an exceptionally hot spell and there are late night swimmers....well....
And if you want to go back for a midday nap, then that will definitely be an issue as they have poolside activities there all afternoon. It would be my least favorite place to be after the 80's/90's section. due to the level of noise. The big upside is you are most definitely the absolutely closest you can be to the food court & bus stops! Hopefully the noise won't be as bad as it is in full swing summertime, but you never know.... Hope you have a great trip and enjoy POP!!


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
yah that's what I thought My concern is at night. We generally don't go back to the hotel during the day at all. If we do it's closer to 4pm to be in the pool and then get ready for dinner.

I guess there's no "perfect" way to be close to everything but have a quiet location eh?
__________________


May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #210
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy
 
Echo queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,806

I have a seven day hold for just after New Year's this will be our first stay at pop century we have never stayed value before. the price is right for trip we are not supposed to be taking. i suppose i will find all of the info i need right here
__________________
I just love going to the happiest place on earth.
Stacking cash

Echo queen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: