Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
nikki7680
Mouseketeer

Finally Decided on WL...now which room category to choose??

My DH and I FINALLY decided to upgrade for our September 2013 trip and try the WL! So excited! Now we have to decide which room category!! Standard, Woods or Courtyard?? The CM told me that Courtyard did not give Bay Lake views but I thought I read on the Boards that it did??? Any advice or room descriptions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Take Me To My Happy Place! September 2014 PTR

nikki7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Check out page 2 of the Official WL FAQ thread for detailed descriptions of all the different views.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

There are side views of Bay Lake from a lot of the courtyard rooms, but the best lake views are from the few rooms in the "bear face" that face straight out across the courtyard. Courtyard rooms can also include some rooms facing toward VWL and the quiet pool, but you don't see much of the lake at all from those rooms. The best request to make if you want a lake view is main courtyard and booking the courtyard view.

I usually book woods view because I find overlooking the pools to be a little noisier than I prefer. But that's a personal preference.

I haven't booked standard there because most of the standard rooms either over look the roof and the bus stop, or the loading dock (with beeping delivery trucks).

Also, as far as views go, the top floors have enclosed balconies - solid walls about four feet high. You can't see out sitting, but you can standing. So if that is important to you, request not to be on the top floor (I actually prefer the closed in balconies because they are more private, but again, that's a personal choice).
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

We did the woods view bunk bed. We had a great view of the fireworks from the MK each night. We could see most of the castle from our room. A little of the base of it was blocked by tree tops.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Our courtyard view was of the inner courtyard overlooking the main pool, which was a beautiful view . With that said, I think a woodsview would be nice as well. Good luck deciding and congrats on booking the WL .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
Karabee
DIS Veteran

I would suggest not getting a pool view. We did this and I was so upset I upgraded. It is soooooo noisy. I can't even tell you how much we heard from the pool. The people in the pool is one thing- not that bad - but the games and the microphone and music all during the day is horrible!! A woods view where you're not listening to anything or looking at someone else's balcony would be much nicer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: