Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady
Bummer about the plane but great that you were able to make your ADR at such a great place.
Yep, I was worried about that! Le cellier was worth the wait though!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #17
cfw213
DIS Veteran

This is slow moving trip report - this week has been crazy! I'm going to try to update tonight, thanks for sticking with me!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
cfw213
DIS Veteran

We're finally here!

Side note: this doesn't really fit anywhere else in this timeline of events, so I'll just tell you now - we encountered one of the craziest people ever on this day! She was behind us in line in security (I want to say mid-40s) with a teenage daughter and she just yelled at the poor girl constantly for no reason. Maybe she was a stressful traveler, but she was just so miserable. She ended up being on our flight and going to Orlando and she totally lost her $hit when they had to rebook us. We just kept running into this woman all day and at every turn she was either yelling at her daughter or asking for special treatment from flight crew/desk workers/ME team, etc. Ugh she was so awful! Back on track...

Around 12:15 we boarded (but we were in group C since everyone was already checked in when we got switched!), and took a seat near the back of the plane. The flight took off right on time and was very uneventful, thank goodness! We landed a few minutes early (Around 3:55 at MCO). I think I was in shock that we finally arrived!

We quickly got off the plane and made our way to the mini-monorail and on to baggage claim. Here's Jess on the monorail!

The big joke here was that we had to be on level 1, B side. Last time Jess flew down alone and literally got lost for an hour in the airport because she was on A side. So we successfully found the ME, gave them our vouchers and lined up for AoA!

We encountered this really friendly woman who commented on my shirt and was shocked to hear that they had Disney stores other places than Orlando! Anyway, we must have just missed our bus because we probably waited for 30 mins or so (maybe less, but it seems like it took forever!). We boarded our *real* ME bus (not a Mears bus!) and pretty soon*they were shuttling us off to Art of Animation!

The weather at this point was overcast and semi-crappy, but not raining, so that was good news. First we crossed under this little beauty-

Not a terrible picture, considering we were a few rows back.

We first stopped at CBR, then Pop, then FINALLY Art of Animation!

I was sooooo excited I couldn't contain myself. I was surprised that there was only 2 other families staying at AoA from our ME bus! I thought it would be more packed since it was opening day for LM, but I was wrong again.

We did online check in so I stepped up to the podium (no line), while Jess used my camera to take lots of pictures of the lobby and check in area.
If you love classic Disney movies, this resort is so amazing! I fell in love. Check in was quick - our only request was two double beds instead of single and our request was met! Also, they gave us our 2nd set of FP+ cards at check in - that was a nice surprise! I was thinking we would have to go to MK to pick them up on Thursday morning. We were instructed to go to baggage services since our groceries had been delivered around 10:00am that morning. We got to baggage and low and behold, they were already in our room. Lots of pixie dust already since we arrived at Disney! Here is the amazing lobby at Art of Animation:

Next up...we check into our brand new Little Mermaid Room!

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #19
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

How did I miss this TR for so long? I'm all caught up now, though!

Sorry to hear of your plane troubles - what a way to start the vaca! Loving the photos of AoA - the lobby is beautiful! Can't wait to see your room pics.

Carry on!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #20
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Awwww I just got chills looking at your pictures! I can totally remember the feeling of walking in that amazing lobby!
Glad to hear your check in process was quick and easy!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #21
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I'm following along! Love your report so far! You and your sister are so prettty
Art of Animation lobby looks awesome! I'd love to stay there!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!

I still haven't managed to see Finding Nemo in 3D, gotta get to that! Haha. Oh my goodness Oscar is just too cute! I love the "mommy don't leave me" eyes before you guys left, my dog didn't understand at all what was going on!

Ugh! your flight down there was almost as bad as ours was! Which airline were you flying with that they managed to switch you around that much, that's crazy!

I feel like you guys might have been arriving right around the same time as we were, we were at least at the resort at the same time haha. When I did the online check in, there wasn't anywhere to request 2 double beds, or a king or anything (that I saw) and we definitely ended up getting only 1 bed..ugh.

I'm excited to read more!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
How did I miss this TR for so long? I'm all caught up now, though!

Sorry to hear of your plane troubles - what a way to start the vaca! Loving the photos of AoA - the lobby is beautiful! Can't wait to see your room pics.

Carry on!
Thanks for following! I have the worst luck flying down to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I'm following along! Love your report so far! You and your sister are so prettty
Art of Animation lobby looks awesome! I'd love to stay there!
Thanks for following! And thanks for the wonderful compliment we really loved art of animation and would definitely stay there again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm here!!

I still haven't managed to see Finding Nemo in 3D, gotta get to that! Haha. Oh my goodness Oscar is just too cute! I love the "mommy don't leave me" eyes before you guys left, my dog didn't understand at all what was going on!

Ugh! your flight down there was almost as bad as ours was! Which airline were you flying with that they managed to switch you around that much, that's crazy!

I feel like you guys might have been arriving right around the same time as we were, we were at least at the resort at the same time haha. When I did the online check in, there wasn't anywhere to request 2 double beds, or a king or anything (that I saw) and we definitely ended up getting only 1 bed..ugh.

I'm excited to read more!!
Oscar is soo adorable, my DH and I are kind of obsessed with him! He knows when I'm leaving because he sees the big suitcase - he's a very emotional dog, haha.

We were flying Southwest...we has a ton of free points, but their flights suck. It's only 2.5 hours to Orlando from Philly, yet almost all of their flights have layovers! Was your one bed just a queen?? My sister would hate that, she hates sharing a bed with me!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
!
Oscar is soo adorable, my DH and I are kind of obsessed with him! He knows when I'm leaving because he sees the big suitcase - he's a very emotional dog, haha.

We were flying Southwest...we has a ton of free points, but their flights suck. It's only 2.5 hours to Orlando from Philly, yet almost all of their flights have layovers! Was your one bed just a queen?? My sister would hate that, she hates sharing a bed with me!
Tooo cute!!

Nice, I've heard a lot of good things about Southwest, but they don't fly out of Canada. It's probably worth it to just get a cheap flight to somewhere in the states and then fly with them from there bahah. Who knows??

I think we got put in one of the king rooms. When we first got there we were all "uhm, no" but they ended up not being able to switch us til later, so we had to spend one night there. It wasn't as bad as we thought, we're just both super light & aware of surrounding sleepers, so it wouldn't have been nice for the whole weeks

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
cfw213
DIS Veteran

I am so neglecting this poor little TR! DH and I are looking at houses & getting ready to put an offer on one - hopefully this weekend! I'll be back to work on this thing soon enough

Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #26
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Our Little Mermaid room!

Hello all! I'm taking the night off from house hunting for a little Disney...let's get on with this trip report! Where we last left off, we had just checked into the hotel and were making our way to our little mermaid room at Art of Animation!

We picked up our mugs at the table they had set up (I got pink, Jess got teal), and trekked our way to LM. It was freakin' FAR! Or at least it seemed to be. We walked by the big blue pool, of course. All of our resort pictures will come later...one day we walked around and took a ton of pics! We were in building 9 (I think)...the entrance was right behind King Triton, and we were on the third floor. We had a great view of the LM courtyard including the Flippin' Fins pool - more pixie dust, since we didn't pay for a preferred view! We walked into our room to check it out and were very impressed with the themeing.

Here is our towel "animal":

Here you can see the "pearls" above the bed, as well as flounder and sebastian!

TV unit - the fridge was down below

Cute curtain covering the sink area

The bathroom is especially cool!

Our bags weren't there yet of course, but we'd each packed a fresh outfit in our carryon for dinner. By the time we checked in and arrived at our resort, we only had 10-15 minutes to get ready before we had to leave for our ADR at Epcot.

We both pulled out our dresses from our carry on and they were *exactly* the same color! I'll post pics when my PP comes in but we looked kind of silly. Not good coordination there.

We packed up our park bags and camera and were on our way to our first Disney park!

From LM, you can take a sidewalk to the busses, which is less than a 10 min walk. Still seems really far compared to the 80s building at Pop, but tolerable. If I recall, we only waited a few minutes until we were boarding our Epcot bus and we were off! I was sooo excited to finally be there, my tummy was actually hurting a little! In a few minutes we were pulling into Epcot and then going through bag checks and using our keys to the world for the first time!

Last edited by cfw213; 11-04-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #27
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Love the LM room pics! I loved that room, it was so well done, so pretty!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #28
cfw213
DIS Veteran

First park - Epcot!

Our photopass disk arrived just in time to fit right into our trip report...here are pictures from our first night at Epcot! As you can see, we are very matchy-matchy.

Hopefully these pictures resize themselves when PB starts working!

We stopped right away and got our first Photopass pictures taken. She even commented on our "matching" dresses. We had a little bit of time before dinner so we hopped on the first ride we saw - Spaceship Earth!

We waited maybe 2 or 3 minutes to get on, and in the meantime Jess checked out her Hidden Mickey book - we were trying this for the first time and it turned out to be fun! We didn't get to ride SSE last time so I was excited to give it another try - I'd only ridden it once in 2010. The verdict? I loved it! Here is a silly picture of our ďfutureĒ:

By the time we were done it was about 25 minutes until our 7:05 ADR at Le Cellier so we hiked it over to Canada, stopping for more PP pictures along the way! It was a beautiful night out - not scorching hot yet but I was happy to be wearing a dress. We finally arrived in Canada - I'd never been back here but it is so gorgeous!

On our way to Canada:

Next post is coming right up - Le Cellier dining review!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Dining Review - Le Cellier

We checked in for an ADR - the people in front of us wanted to know how long the wait was for standby, hahahahaha. Anyway, we waited a few minutes (I would say less than 10) and then our buzzer went off!

I *think* we were sitting in the Alberta section but I can't be sure, I didn't make a note. We both ordered some waters (but tummy was definitely still bothering me at this point - probably from the McDonalds and then not eating for the whole day!), and I ordered the famous cheddar cheese soup as a starter. Jess and I both ordered the mushroom filet with no mushrooms (yeah we're weird), no mushroom risotto and the truffle butter on the side. We got a potato pave (I believe that's what it was called), instead of the risotto.

Our waitress was good here (one of the few good ones we had actually), and the waters and that famous pretzel bread appeared quickly.

Jess enjoying the start of our meal!

My soup came out very quickly too! The pretzel bread dipped in the cheddar cheese soup was ah.maz.ing. Seriously, I want some RIGHT NOW. The sourdough bread was delicious also!

In no time, our food was out and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. This is one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. No joke. The potato pave was out of this world (it had some yummy tasting cheese on top the potatoes were sliced so thin) and the filet was perfection. We both ordered them cooked medium and it was just right! The truffle butter was also delicious - it had a wonderful flavor and I was just dunking big pieces of steak in the truffle butter. Very healthy, Iím sure.

I stopped eating before I was toooooo full, but I still had some leftover indigestion and was feeling a bit sick. But of course, we still had one more course left - dessert! This did not disappoint, but I wish I felt a little big better so I could have enjoyed the whole thing! I donít see either one of the dessert we ordered on the menu though. I think mine was called the trio of chocolate - it had a chocolate lava cake, chocolate sorbet and....something in the middle that I didnít like. Oops!

Jess had the lemon poppy cake with raspberries - I had a bite and it was yummy! Iím more inclined to like super chocolate desserts so I wouldnít have ordered it, but she liked it!

Our rating for this meal is as follows:
Food: 5. As I noted in my review, the food here was WONDERFUL! So yummy
Service: 4. The service here was fine - our waitress was nice, attentive and the food was served quickly, but she didnít go above and beyond.
Ambiance: 5. Really nice ambiance! We were seated at a corner table - everyone around us was mostly adults - no screaming kids, it was a nice quiet meal!
Wait time: 4. We only had to wait 10 minutes or so to be seated, and we were served all our courses quickly. I think we were our before 8:15 for our 7:05 ADR. At the same time, we didnít feel rushed...it was a very good pace.

Would we visit again? If itís not obvious from my raving review, YES! I canít wait to go back.

Ranking: 1. Yep, our very favorite meal of the trip was the first one! We had all great meals, but none quite lived up to the food of this restaurant. This is definitely on our list for next time.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Wooo joining in!

My sister and I are doing a sister's trip next summer so I am so pumped to read all about yours and maybe steal some ideas!

Love the matching dresses. You're both so gorgeous!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: