Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Wink Celebrating & eating @ MNSSHP: AKERSHUS BREAKFAST [updated 12/12/12]

hello again everyone!

i have one more review remaining in my birthay/labor day dining review & in 39 days, we will be returning to disney!

this time, we (my daughter emme & i) will be celebrating! i passed my nursing exam (NCLEX) on november 3rd & i became a nurse in florida. this was a personal triumph for me as i reached my goal to become a nurse while raising my daughter as a single mom.

we will be staying at the little mermaid standard rooms @ the art of animation resort.

i currently am on the regular dining plan (1 CS, 1 TS, 1 Snack) a day but may drop the plan for a TIW card or upgrade to DxDDP. it's still up in the air. however, with F&W happening, i may keep the plan for the snack credits to use during our F&W day. decisions, decisions!

currently, my adr's are as follows but i'm sure i will be changing.

Travel dates: 10/25/12 - 10/28/12.

DAY 1: arrival day

LUNCH: Cinderella's Royal Table
DINNER: Landscape of Flavors @ AOA or a CS in MK
**MNSSHP @ MK!!**

DAY 2

BRUNCH: Le Cellier Steakhouse
LATE LUNCH: CS somewhere in Disney
DINNER: Chef Mickey's

DAY 3

BRUNCH: Snacks @ Food & Wine Fest
LATE LUNCH: CS somewhere in Disney
DINNER: 1900 Park Fare
**Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party ADR @ 810pm**

DAY 4: departing day

BREAKFAST: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
LUNCH: Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room

every ADR is a new place for us minus chef mickey's. i swore that i would only return to CRT for a special occasion & could not get an ADR as i had been trying for weeks. but just three days ago, this ADR popped up & i booked. emme is still talking about having breakfast at cinderella's castle during our last trip.

i have friends in orlando who will be joining me during f&w. now i won't be the creepy lady stuffing her face with delicious food & drinking tasty adult beverages while pushing my sleeping child in a stroller.

thanks for reading & i will be updating soon.

here we come...again!

Last edited by emmebear; 12-12-2012 at 10:54 PM.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yay for becoming a registered nurse! I hope you enjoy staying in a Little Mermaid room at AoA (please include some pics of the room!), and have a great time enjoying all the delicious F&W snacks.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just saw that you had started your Dining Report for your October trip and wanted to join in. I am so happy that you will be texting in some live updates while you are there, as well as doing a full dining report later.

Oh, and congrats on achieving your goal...that's really great!

ETA: Love the pic of you and Emme in front of the castle!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Congrats on ur accomplishment!! Line up looks good & I'm in.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Congrats to you and how exciting to be trying new dining places! I look forward to the garden tea review.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

thanks for all the positive replies everyone.

as cliche as it sounds, all the hard work definitely paid off.

i've finally unpacked from our last disney trip (very sad, i know) & i was looking over my disney brochures from our hotel. i'm so excited to go back.

i updated our dining reservations as i was able to snag an 'ohana breakfast adr. persistence does pay off!

i think i will be keeping the dining plan for this trip because of f&w but will also purchase a tiw card to use on our next trips & cover meals not included on the regular dining plan.

35 days & counting....can't wait!

Last edited by emmebear; 09-20-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

25 days & counting!

been awhile since i last posted and updated my dining reviews.

i think i will be making more than one trip to epcot for f&w. my daughter naps and instead of going back to the hotel, i can just push her in the stroller & ride the monorail to epcot...where i can eat & drink in silence.

i am very excited!! still making adjustments to my adr's...i'm checking daily.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
njgrl622
Earning My Ears

this time, we (my daughter emme & i) will be celebrating! i passed my nursing exam (NCLEX) on november 3rd & i became a nurse in florida. this was a personal triumph for me as i reached my goal to become a nurse while raising my daughter as a single mom.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also celebrating in Disney for earning my RN!! Graduated in May and passed NCLEX in July - Woo-Hoo!!

I promised my boys that when mommy became a nurse we would celebrate in Disney World! We check into POR in 18 days!!

Enjoy your trip!! Because I for one TRULY understand the hell that nursing school can be and how AWESOME it feels to have survived it!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

What good ADRs. Have fun!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #10
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgrl622 View Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also celebrating in Disney for earning my RN!! Graduated in May and passed NCLEX in July - Woo-Hoo!!

I promised my boys that when mommy became a nurse we would celebrate in Disney World! We check into POR in 18 days!!

Enjoy your trip!! Because I for one TRULY understand the hell that nursing school can be and how AWESOME it feels to have survived it!!!
thank you so much! definitely a hard journey that is worth celebrating!

i modified my adr's and removed 'ohana for breakfast (although i have not cancelled the adr as of yet). i'm still debating when to go to epcot for f&w. thursday would be less crowded but that is when we will be at MNSSHP. i've read the weekends are always PACKED!

i've decided to purchase a TIW in addition to keeping the dining plan for this trip.

15 days & counting...so excited!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Congratulations!!!! I just graduated nursing school and passed the NCLEX in July! It's grueling hard work and definitely deserves a huge celebration when it's all said and done!!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews. Especially, Chef Mickey's. We have an ADR there in April for my nephew's 3rd birthday! I've heard so many mixed reviews and I am interesting to hear yours!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Congratulations!!!! I just graduated nursing school and passed the NCLEX in July! It's grueling hard work and definitely deserves a huge celebration when it's all said and done!!

I'm looking forward to reading your reviews. Especially, Chef Mickey's. We have an ADR there in April for my nephew's 3rd birthday! I've heard so many mixed reviews and I am interesting to hear yours!
congrats on all your hard work!! that is amazing!

i've actually been to chef mickey's before. my daughter loves the place. the buffet had some great selections and even though i did not like all the items, i did leave feeling satisfied. it's pretty loud & somewhat chaotic but we had an absolute blast!

in retrospect, it's hard to enjoy the food & take pictures of the kids & characters. i'm not that coordinated. during my last trip, for the most part, my food was cold as i was waiting on the characters, changing lenses and making sure my daughter didn't run off.

i will be sure to write a review and post pictures. my avatar is a picture of emme & mickey in chef garb during our april visit.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

completed online check in and only have 4 more sleeps & then we will be back at disney!!

my brother deployed for afghanistan today (he's a combat medic & sargeant in the US Army reserves & already served in iraq) & it has been a very emotional week. i am looking forward to lots of laughter & silly times with my daughter.

4 MORE SLEEPS!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Congrats!!! I'm in nursing school too...I graduate in 7 weeks and am celebrating at AKL in January. I'm so happpy for you and can't wait to read your reviews. -Amanda
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

updated my ADR's!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes...being a nurse & helping children (I work in pediatrics) has been a very rewarding experience this past year. I'm so ready to celebrate with my daughter.

One more sleep!!!

Last edited by emmebear; 10-24-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: