Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #76
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I don't mind travelling solo....or the way I do it. I have the days to myself and get to catch up with DH after he finishes work.
That's a great balance. Time for you and then togetherness time.

Quote:
And the two "solo" trips I've done or am doing to Disney - both of them involve meeting awesome DisFriends. The one in Oct 2010 to WDW, I met up with DisneyFirefly and we pretty much spent the entire trip together. This one coming, I'll be doing DL with Alison.
How wonderful! Alison will be so much fun too. Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it. Will Fran be there?

Quote:
And I'll take the basket...you can keep the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love the pics of the kids, they look so little!!!

You can send me the baskets if they don't want them.

LOL!

Note the hair wrap in Chloe's hair. She got that either BB or TL and it lasted over a year. She had a dreadlock when it finally unraveled. Both girls want them again. I'm all for it. Even at $25 a pop, that's a long lasting souvenir.

After I hit them over the head with the basket, I'll send it on over.

Quote:
Sadly, our decrease in use of the cabin does coincide with my uncles 2nd marriage. We like her...just in small doses. Like 1-2 hours at a family event, of which we have plenty so see her probably 1x a month as it is. They are up there a LOT. Still, we do miss it and every summer talk about how we need to get up there. It's a bit pathetic and I do blame it on the lake, we just go there most summer nights instead.

Nothing beats summer nights at the lake. I'd choose the lake too. I am a water hound. And you're only 5 minutes from the lake? That's a no brainer.

Quote:
No lettuce. I like it on a bun but have never really warmed to the idea of lettuce as a replacement for the bun. Generally I don't care for iceberg anyway but Evan loves it on his sandwiches so we often have it around. The funny part is we chose burgers because we had just 3 left in the house. 2 turkey and one regular, perfect. And some buns which I almost never have around (we like those slims instead) but I'd made pulled pork sandwhiches ealier in the week and the kids prefer regular buns. So this would have been great to use them up.
I like iceberg when wrapped around a burger and shredded for tacos. The only burger I can't resist the bun on is In n Out. When DH makes those big juicy Guy Fiere burgers, I prefer them without the bun. Sadly I can't do big goopy burgers anymore. After the last ones Michael made it kind of heeved me out. He puts all kinds of crap in his burgers from bread crumbs to egg to cheese in the mix. I like pulled pork but we just don't do a ton of pork anymore.

Quote:
I like a good polish or italian but am not big on brats and dogs. Which was a bit difficult when I lived in Chicago and any event has...brats. For some reason tacos are our default dinner at the cabin but we were using stuff up so didn't do that. Foil packets are fun, we have done those though not in a long time.
Tacos are good too and easy. I love my Nathan's BBQd hot dogs. So good. That's another thing I can eat bunless. Basically, for me to eat bread, it's got to be outstanding. I can't resist when there's juicy goodness from tri tip, I must sop it up with whatever baguette we're serving.

Quote:
Fridge is FIXED and clean! Purged, reorganized and all that rot.

Failed control panel.

Praise god. Seriously. I swear, I missed getting water out of the door as much as the actual fridge. I just can't get it that cold out of our pipes (which is another issue we need to look into, sigh).

So glad it's fixed and cleaned. One less thing for you to worry about when you're gone. Did you decide to cancel an ADR?

Quote:
LOL, maybe a little bit on the food. I will be VERY curious to see what you guys end up having leftover. I suppose you can pack back all that stuff you are bringing, right? That's where I struggle, things like PB. Won't go through a whole container on vacation but then I don't want to haul it back so I try to minimize when I can.
No, I doubt I'll bring back much. Maybe the peanut butter but for sure I'll ditch the cheapy things like syrup. Anything light I'll bring back like packets of oatmeal and easy mac. At this point I've got nearly 2 bags filled mostly with toiletries and one full of food. I've gone over board. I have our costumes packed though and I found these cool, lightweight candy sacks that are wron like backpacks. I thought it would be better than trying to hold bags of candy. What's another $1.98 x 6 at this point?

I have to work until 6 tonight so I told the kids I expect piles of clothes on my bed, ready to be packed when I get home. Its close enough that they won't be needing anything here that they'll need for Disney except for maybe socks. I'm also trying to keep their stuff to a minimum because I know I'll do laundry.

Quote:
What did you watch that was Disney?
We watched some Behind the Parks thing on Netflix. It was from 2011. They were asking why we haven't stayed in the castle suite? They're under the assumption I can do anything when it comes to Disney. While I appreciate their confidence and praise, even I don't have that kind of pull.

Quote:
I'm too cheap to buy new toothbrushes for vacation but do have to have a holder for them or it grosses me out. The kids always just use what is in the hotel/villa/resort but I pack my own travel bottles so I have my good stuff.

Michael uses whats in the hotel too but I hate the shampoo they provide. And the body soap. he looked at my bag last night and asked just that: why is there body wash and shampoo and conditioner and lotion? Silly man. I am a lotion fanatic. That tiny bottle would last me an hour.

Quote:
Still fighting with the Mac/printer, going to have to get this resolved or Jeff might kill me from stress when I get home from the trip, trying to deal with it!
I'm sorry. I hope it gets worked out. I hate that stuff looming over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misskitty3 View Post
Love your gift baskets!! What a fun tradition!

Only 4 days.......YAY!!!!!

Thank you! Its so close now. I can hardly sleep at night.

Got our YES confirmation email yesterday and all online check ins are complete. Still not sure what I should have requested at AKV Kidani SV but I asked for 2-3 rd floor, near the lobby. I gave specific villa number for the THV. I didn't request anything for AoA. It's only one night and now it seems we'll be doing MK for a few hours as it's open until midnight. I am secretly hoping they're a little tired and want to stay at the resort but , its a secret.

I'll be back with today's photos.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #77
rentayenta

Today's photos are of MNSSHP and some fall decor and treats. Of course I've never been so these are all compliments of Google images.

Fall is my second favorite time of year at Disney. It's got such a different vibe. Summer is my least favorite. Love winter as well. And Spring third. Just in case anyone wanted a ranking order. I could break it into percentages but then I'd surely qualify for a civil commitment.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #78
Pixiedust530
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Today's photos are of MNSSHP and some fall decor and treats. Of course I've never been so these are all compliments of Google images.

Fall is my second favorite time of year at Disney. It's got such a different vibe. Summer is my least favorite. Love winter as well. And Spring third. Just in case anyone wanted a ranking order. I could break it into percentages but then I'd surely qualify for a civil commitment.

I have only ever been in the summer and Fall, but OH HOW I LOVE FALL! One of the best parts of our October trip last year was MNSSHP and all the Fall decorations.

I can't wait to try and get to the World in the winter. I have heard so many awesome things about it.

BTW...I am a numbers girl, so what's wrong with percentages?

************************************************** ****************************************
June 1984:Offsite - June 1986:Offsite - July 1989:Contemporary - August 1992:Dixie Landings - June/July 2006:Offsite -
October 2011:All-Star Movies - October 2013:Bay Lake Tower(Lake View) - February 2014:Old Key West
Pixiedust530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #79
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust530 View Post
I have only ever been in the summer and Fall, but OH HOW I LOVE FALL! One of the best parts of our October trip last year was MNSSHP and all the Fall decorations.

I can't wait to try and get to the World in the winter. I have heard so many awesome things about it.

BTW...I am a numbers girl, so what's wrong with percentages?

I love percentages too! Winter/holidays 40%, Fall 30%, Spring 20%, and Summer 10%. Does that equal 100%? Don't get me wrong, I'd go anytime but the holidays are my favorite. I agree, the Fall decorations are so fun!

I love the Fall too. The leaves were stunning here this year. Sadly we've had our first overnight frost so we've browned up a little. We're back into the mid 70s though now.

I haven't been to WDW in the winter, just Disneyland and its amazing! I can't imagine how uber cool the Osbourne Lights are. I'm a Christmas light junkie. I love the season specific treats.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #80
CarolynK
DIS Veteran

Just saying "hi!" I followed you over from eandesmom's TR. Looks like a great trip you've got planned!

I think spring is my favorite WDW season, because of the weather. Fall can still be hot, but spring has historically been our best weather at WDW.

Upcoming: 12/21/14-12/28/14 WDW**2/27/15-3/3/15 WDW
CarolynK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #81
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Can't wait to see your pictures of 'fall' at WDW.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #82
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

You're so funny! I'm gonna laugh when your family is thankful for all the food you ordered, but I'm also gonna laugh when you're trying to figure out why to do with what's left!

Fran won't come to DL with us, it will just be too long a day for get and no feet up time. We'll all go to dinner the night before. Hopefully next door to Legends!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #83
rentayenta

3 days until WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynK View Post
Just saying "hi!" I followed you over from eandesmom's TR. Looks like a great trip you've got planned!

I think spring is my favorite WDW season, because of the weather. Fall can still be hot, but spring has historically been our best weather at WDW.

Hi Carolyn. Spring is lovely. Our last trip was in May during the Flower and Garden Festival and the topiaries were so neat.

We went in September once and it was far hotter than I anticipated.

Quote:
Can't wait to see your pictures of 'fall' at WDW.

I posted them they're the ones with the orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You're so funny! I'm gonna laugh when your family is thankful for all the food you ordered, but I'm also gonna laugh when you're trying to figure out why to do with what's left!

Fran won't come to DL with us, it will just be too long a day for get and no feet up time. We'll all go to dinner the night before. Hopefully next door to Legends!

Legends, my Legends? I love Legends! That was by far the funnest job I've ever had. I survived many buzzed 2nd Street shuffles and working the Grand Prix. How's Fran feeling? I've checked your PTR but haven't seen any updates. Hope she's continuing to mend.

You ladies are going to have a blast! I'm sure you're doing something fabulous as always.

Well, I thought I'd let you all know I have a cold. Gabby is just getting over one. Josh has one too. I'm keeping Chloe quarantined from it. Michael never gets sick. I don't feel terrible by any means but my throat is scratchy and my nose is runny. Thankfully I don't get major headaches. At this point I absolutely refuse to get sick. And if I was sick, I'd never admit it. Mind over matter. We're shooting the Emergen-C like tequila and washing our hands non stop. I realize its all after the fact but it makes me feel better. I truly don't have time to be sick. We stall haven't finished packing. That's so out of character for us. I. Am. Not. Sick.

Last edited by rentayenta; 10-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #84
franandaj

Quote:

Legends, my Legends? I love Legends! That was by far the funnest job I've ever had. I survived many buzzed 2nd Street shuffles and working the Grand Prix. How's Fran feeling? I've checked your PTR but haven't seen any updates. Hope she's continuing to mend.

You ladies are going to have a blast! I'm sure you're doing something fabulous as always.
But didn't you say they were compliments of Google Images?

Yes, next to your Legends they are putting in a California Shabu Shabu. I keep driving down second street on my way to the Marina Pacifica Ralph's saying "open, open, open" like the Mervyn's commercials. I hope that by November it opens because it was supposed to be August, now their website says September or October. So by November I really hope it's open!

I can't imagine what Legends was like during the race!!!!! we try to leave LB on race weekends!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #85
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:

.....the ones that you'll take in 3 days time, NOT compliments of Google.

(And I am going to be catching up with Fran as well. I'm not sure she will make it to Disney.....)

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 10-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #86
franandaj

Quote:

(And I am going to be catching up with Fran as well. I'm not sure she will make it to Disney.....)
I could have sworn that in the above post I said that Fran wouldn't join us at Disney because she didn't have time to put her legs up, but that she would be joining us at dinner the night before.... I must be having an old fogie moment!

Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #87
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I could have sworn that in the above post I said that Fran wouldn't join us at Disney because she didn't have time to put her legs up, but that she would be joining us at dinner the night before.... I must be having an old fogie moment!
Actually....that was me. I have the same understanding...that she wouldn't be joining us; but didn't want to "lock it in" ...just in case.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 AM   #88
franandaj

Quote:
Actually....that was me. I have the same understanding...that she wouldn't be joining us; but didn't want to "lock it in" ...just in case.
Depending on if I decide to take the scooter (still going back and forth since you can go so long and not sure I can walk that long...) If she joins us later in the evening, she can take my scooter and I can walk, but we'll hash that out once you arrive. I would love her to join us later in the afternoon, we'll just have to see...

But this is all about Jenny's trip. How many days now?????

Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #89
rentayenta

Quote:
But didn't you say they were compliments of Google Images?

Yes, next to your Legends they are putting in a California Shabu Shabu. I keep driving down second street on my way to the Marina Pacifica Ralph's saying "open, open, open" like the Mervyn's commercials. I hope that by November it opens because it was supposed to be August, now their website says September or October. So by November I really hope it's open!

I can't imagine what Legends was like during the race!!!!! we try to leave LB on race weekends!

Ahhh, PIO wants to see my fall photos. You ladies are good with dem der werds and all.

What's Shabu Shabu? I'm guessing its pretty cool. I can't believe you are literally where my entire ungrad life took place. It's so fun to talk with someone who knows the area. And you drive Ocean Blvd everyday. It's amazing how much I still miss it after 19 years. Every memory is so vidid. One day we'll return. I'm not being buried or sprinkled in Utah.

Oh the Grand Prix days were fun and lots of money to be had. Nothing better than drunk Nascar fans when it comes to BIG tips.

Quote:

You are right PIO, they will be mine. Clever ladies. Semantics were never my thing. Maybe this cold has clouded my head too. I woke up feeling like I'm underwater.

Quote:

You did but I think PIO said that Fran may meet up for dinner the night before. Or maybe you said that? Maybe we're all having old foogie moments.

Quote:
Depending on if I decide to take the scooter (still going back and forth since you can go so long and not sure I can walk that long...) If she joins us later in the evening, she can take my scooter and I can walk, but we'll hash that out once you arrive. I would love her to join us later in the afternoon, we'll just have to see...

But this is all about Jenny's trip. How many days now?????

The scooters sound like a G-d send. Glad Disney is so scooter friendly. And keep chatting. I like hearing about your plans too.

But since you asked.......

2 days until WDW!!!

We were talking last night and we don't count the day we leave as part of the countdown because its the actual trip day. I know others include the first trip day in their countdown but technically its the trip so there's no need to countdown, right?

Clearly I had a little too much Nyquil.

And Alison, I can tell you right now, bell services will be left with a lot of unopened stuff I'm afraid. But at least I'm helping the small business man/woman by supporting not one but two local grocery delivery services.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #90
franandaj

Quote:
What's Shabu Shabu? I'm guessing its pretty cool.
Shabu Shabu is what I consider the BEST. MEAL. EVER. It is Japanese for Swish Swish, literally. Traditionally it is served communally, but in So Cal that would never fly, so each person gets their own pot. They give you a bowl of rice and dipping sauces. I found out recently that they will put drops of spicy into your sauces, I tried it last time, but I like them better as they are.

You get veggies, noodles and all kinds of sauces and seasonings. You can't see them, but the handles of the spoons are in little containers of garlic, green onions and chopped japanese radish that you can season your broth or sauces with.

You also get thinly sliced protien. I always choose beef, but they have chicken, pork, salmon, shrimp, you name it!

You can dump all your meat in at once (if you like it over cooked), or like me, I wrap it in a piece of cabbage or spinach, swish it through the pot a couple times, so it's medium rare and dip it in the sauce. In the pic below you can see the jars of garlic, radish and green onion.

Then when you've finished most of your meat, they will bring you a bowl with "soup base" in it. That's when I toss the last two slices of meat (chopped up) in the bowl with noodles, maybe the tofu and any remaining cabbage or other veggies and make a soup. I also throw in any sauce that I have left.

I use the sauce bowl as a ladle to put my soup in the bowl and you finish the meal with a soup you made from the broth of cooking your protein. It think that this is the most amazing meal in the world and for only like $15 a plate, it's reasonable.

We used to drive to the Block at Orange and pay $25 a plate for this, then I found California Shabu Shabu in Fountain Valley and when I found out they were opening a place next to Legends I went through the roof!

Quote:
You did but I think PIO said that Fran may meet up for dinner the night before. Or maybe you said that? Maybe we're all having old foogie moments.
We have those every day!

Quote:

And Alison, I can tell you right now, bell services will be left with a lot of unopened stuff I'm afraid. But at least I'm helping the small business man/woman by supporting not one but two local grocery delivery services.
At least you are doing your part!

I can't believe you'll be on your way in two days! Will you be checking in at all from your phone while you're there? I like to bring my computer along and do updates since we spend a lot of time relaxing in the room, but I know you folks are go go go!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: