Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where should we eat Christmas dinner?
Mimi’s Café 0 0%
Storytellers Dinner Buffet 4 26.67%
Carthay Circle in DCA 7 46.67%
Other offsite suggestions? 0 0%
Other onsite suggestions? 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
kerickson
VGC Dreamin'

Help! Last minute Christmas trip-where to eat Christmas Dinner?

I usually plan my Disney vacations a year in advance, but this weekend my husband said 'Why don't we go to Disneyland for Christmas'
I know it will be super busy, but we'll try to go to the parks for a few hours in the morning, then spend time doing other things in the afternoon.

My question is: where should we eat Christmas Dinner?
  • We are DVC Grand California members but are staying offsite at Sheraton Park
  • We will have a car
  • We have 2 kids 8 and 6yrs old
  • Don't mind spending $$$, but my husband will complain if he doesn't think he's getting a good value.
Am I correct in assuming the crowds will be less on Christmas Day? If so we might want to take advantage of that an not spend time to go offisite to eat.

Please help and answer my poll and provide suggestions. Thanks!

kerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Cinderpamela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming the crowds will be less on Christmas Day? If so we might want to take advantage of that and not spend time to go offisite to eat.
From everything that I have heard Christmas day is very busy, so that assumption would be wrong. Many locals come to the park as a part of their Christmas traditions.

2014-November-Disneyland VGC 2013-Christmas at Aulani2012-November-Grand Cali 2012-July-Aulani 2011-1st trip to WDW-Christmas at Wilderness Lodge! 2010-Christmas-time@DLR and CLUB 33!! 2009-Christmas-time @ DLR 2008-Birthday @DLR 2007-PPH @ DLR
2005-DLH 1st Family Trip to DLR 1991-Spring Break Disneyland 1973-First trip to Disneyland
Cinderpamela is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
marcemc
I wouldn't be able to handle such fluffliness either

We have never been at DL on Christmas day, do the restaurants have special menus on that day?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
mellers
DIS Veteran

I would suggest that you call first thing the morning of the 25th and reserve Goofy's Kitchen for Christmas Day Dinner. There's nothing like it for sheer kid fun. That's where we ate Christmas Dinner last year. It was quite tasty, and we had a lot of fun.

Last edited by mellers; 10-10-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason: unclear
mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Christmas Day is REALLY BUSY. Alot of Locals go there for Christmas Day celebrations and many many many people buy their APs that day. We used to activate our APs on Christmas Day and the line (a few years back) for taking pictures for your AP would be over 1hour long.

I would do Carthay Circle and get the WOC seating FPs from them.

Last edited by lilpooh108; 10-10-2012 at 12:01 AM.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

[QUOTE=kerickson;46399617
Am I correct in assuming the crowds will be less on Christmas Day? [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Christmas Day is REALLY BUSY. Alot of Locals go there for Christmas Day celebrations and many many many people buy their APs that day. We used to activate our APs on Christmas Day and the line (a few years back) for taking pictures for your AP would be over 1hour long.

I would do Carthay Circle and get the WOC seating FPs from them.
OMG you arent kidding when you say really busy...the week of christmas through the first week of Jan. are some of the worst crowds the entire year...even including summer....and on top of that, everything is at a premium because its considered peak season...
Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
Flynn_Rider
Beware of the Smolder

If I were doing Christmas dinner in the parks I might elect for Steakhouse 55. A little less money than Napa Rose, better food than Blue Bayou. However, if you wanted more "kid centric" food, I agree with previous poster and might do Goofy's Kitchen or would definitely do Ariel's Grotto if you have girls. Last choices might be Carthay or Wine Country for WOC tickets because it will be super packed and the reserved seating might be a fun way to finish off the evening without being super stressed.
Flynn_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
larina
DIS Veteran

The restaurant in Paradise Pier also does a character dinner on Christmas, so don't rule that out!!!
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

I voted for storytellers because we really love it there. But I also agree with the ideas of going to Carthay or WCT to get WOC passes, or Ariel's to see the princesses... Ariel's dinner is really yummy too!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: