Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #31
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post

As more and more people opt to pay for EBCI, I think that you will see family boarding (if offered) will be pushed back even further as those who are paying to board first should not have to wait while people who chose not to pay for it get to choose their seats.
Agreed.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #32
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post

As more and more people opt to pay for EBCI, I think that you will see family boarding (if offered) will be pushed back even further as those who are paying to board first should not have to wait while people who chose not to pay for it get to choose their seats.
And I think it should be especially if they aren't going to limit it to 1 toddler/baby 1 adult. As in the above case where 7 people got on with 1 child.

It is supposed to be so you have time to get them into their seat not get prime choice of real estate! without paying for it.

I think it should be after all those who paid for ECB have boarded. Sometimes this may be after all the A's and other times it may be all the way down to mid B's if that many people paid. And this would be very easy to do. The computer could easily note where the end of the ECB passengers are and that is where the gate agents could put family boarding in and limit it to 1/1.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #33
jill4140
Earning My Ears

We used the southwest off airport check in facility located at the LBV Factory Outlet Mall and and I guess they are somehow able to sit you before the 24 hours so we all got A boarding priority.
jill4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #34
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Last time DH and I flew SW to Orlando I checked in at T24 and we were A28 & A29. Our flight was at 11:45am. We were the third leg for that plane of the day and it was packed from previous stops. We were able to sit together, but it was in an exit row which families with small children can't sit in.

Last time my sister and I flew SW (our father died and we bought our tickets that am) and we were mid Bs. We were not able to sit together.

YMMV. Have a great trip.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: