Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #2041
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug
I'm planning a Jan 2014 trip and am wondering what room is the best? Tower or garden? Thanks!
Just back on Sunday from four nights in the tower, theme park view. That is a view that's hard to beat, but the price has really gotten out of hand. It was over $500 a night and not even peak season or club level. I could have stayed lagoon view at the Poly cheaper. For convenience, definitely the tower if you an afford, if not in your budget and you really want to stay there, the wing rooms are identical with the exception of second and third floors have a slider but no balcony.
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #2042
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey578 View Post
I need to ship package from CR to my home. Do I go to front desk or business center? What are the hours of operation? TIA

Sent from my SGH-T769 using DISBoards
To ship a package via Fed Ex or UPS, go to the Business Center on the first floor. I don't know the hours, but the concierge can help you near the check-in/out desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
I'm planning a Jan 2014 trip and am wondering what room is the best? Tower or garden? Thanks!
Our favorite room is a Tower room with a Bay Lake View. Beautiful view of Bay Lake, Discovery Island, the pool and marina and even Epcot off to the right and it's less expensive than TPV/MKV (and there isn't a parking lot below). The Garden Wing's Garden View rooms that directly front Bay Lake are also amazing, but there's no guarantee that you'll get one facing Bay Lake as that is only a request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
Just back on Sunday from four nights in the tower, theme park view. That is a view that's hard to beat, but the price has really gotten out of hand. It was over $500 a night and not even peak season or club level. I could have stayed lagoon view at the Poly cheaper. For convenience, definitely the tower if you an afford, if not in your budget and you really want to stay there, the wing rooms are identical with the exception of second and third floors have a slider but no balcony.
Welcome back
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #2043
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
To ship a package via Fed Ex or UPS, go to the Business Center on the first floor. I don't know the hours, but the concierge can help you near the check-in/out desk.

Our favorite room is a Tower room with a Bay Lake View. Beautiful view of Bay Lake, Discovery Island, the pool and marina and even Epcot off to the right and it's less expensive than TPV/MKV (and there isn't a parking lot below). The Garden Wing's Garden View rooms that directly front Bay Lake are also amazing, but there's no guarantee that you'll get one facing Bay Lake as that is only a request.

Welcome back
Thanks, back to the real world, albeit a lot cooler temperature wise!
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #2044
Janed
Mouseketeer

We are planning a trip for next October. We'll be renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. Would be great to hear what they are like, the views you had and how far the walk is to the CR. I have moderate arthritis so am looking to get a room as close to the CS restaurant as possible.

Let the planning begin!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #2045
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to stop by and say THANKS for all the information and advice! We just returned from our first CR CL stay earlier this week and LOVED it. I'm so glad we decided to book CL for this stay. The lounge was comfortable with beautiful views. The CMs were absolutely outstanding - very helpful and engaging. They really stood out as some of the best CMs we've met at Disney - similar to some of the CMs in the BWI lounge. The club lounge and the convenience of the breakfast, snacks, etc. really made a huge difference in our stay.

I'm also very happy with our decision to book a Bay Lake View. Our three boys loved the MK view and my husband and I loved the Bay Lake view - with an Atrium Club standard room, we had both!

A few photos . . .

Our room:

The view:

Views from the club lounge:

Views of CR from the monorail:

And one more:

And our concerns regarding the elevators were unfounded - always arrived quickly and were pretty fast up to the 12th floor. Great stay!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #2046
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I hope you're having a great vacation, AirGoofy and family. Where are you dining today?
Sorry I missed your question. I was doing a live trip report and tried to minimize my computer time other than that. The TR is not live, but it was and in the link in my signature. We had a great trip. BLT is amazing.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #2047
psac
DIS Veteran

Great pix pixarmom, thanks for posting!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #2048
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Welcome back and thank you for posting those great photos, pixarmom. I'm glad you had a great experience at the Atrium Club and no elevator issues either. It sounds like some positive improvements have been made since I last stayed on the 12th floor a couple of years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
We are planning a trip for next October. We'll be renting points for a 2 bedroom villa. Would be great to hear what they are like, the views you had and how far the walk is to the CR. I have moderate arthritis so am looking to get a room as close to the CS restaurant as possible.

Let the planning begin!
We stayed in a one bedroom in August and I have a link to my TR in my signature. If you would like two bedroom view/room number information, the BLT Rooms and Views thread is very helpful:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082
Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #2049
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Just wanted to stop by and say THANKS for all the information and advice! We just returned from our first CR CL stay earlier this week and LOVED it. I'm so glad we decided to book CL for this stay. The lounge was comfortable with beautiful views. The CMs were absolutely outstanding - very helpful and engaging. They really stood out as some of the best CMs we've met at Disney - similar to some of the CMs in the BWI lounge. The club lounge and the convenience of the breakfast, snacks, etc. really made a huge difference in our stay.

I'm also very happy with our decision to book a Bay Lake View. Our three boys loved the MK view and my husband and I loved the Bay Lake view - with an Atrium Club standard room, we had both!
Glad you had a great first stay at the CR . Thanks for posting the great room & view pics. The CR has never been on our radar as a resort we wanted to try, but after researching it more and looking at all of the great photos people have posted, I realize it's a must try for us, even if it is for just a few nights . One question if you don't mind.....would you stay at the CR again and would you do CL?

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #2050
dallas66
disneybum9834

bay lake tower

had my first visit to this resort and i would have to say while it is a nice new resort.
it did not have a great disney feel to it.

but the location is great
Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #2051
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Great pix pixarmom, thanks for posting!!
Thanks, psac! Made me happy to share! Loved how the room looked in the early morning photo on the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome back and thank you for posting those great photos, pixarmom. I'm glad you had a great experience at the Atrium Club and no elevator issues either. It sounds like some positive improvements have been made since I last stayed on the 12th floor a couple of years ago
KOOK, we really appreciate all your advice before our stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Glad you had a great first stay at the CR . Thanks for posting the great room & view pics. The CR has never been on our radar as a resort we wanted to try, but after researching it more and looking at all of the great photos people have posted, I realize it's a must try for us, even if it is for just a few nights . One question if you don't mind.....would you stay at the CR again and would you do CL?
Hi mickeynut! That's how we felt - we really love BC and Poly. But our boys have always wanted to try CR, and for the night of MNSSHP it made sense. And the history of CR is just so interesting. All these years of seeing it across the lagoon from Poly, stopping in for California Grill or Chef Mickey's and zooming through it on the monorail - just wanted to give it a try. Yes, we would stay there again, but as part of a split stay and definitely CL.

I just can't emphasize enough how much CL added to our stay. It made CR feel very warm, welcoming and comfortable. In the past, I've said that I would not pay more than $100 extra per night for CL for our family of five. This was above my "value" limit at $150 extra for the night. But we did have breakfast in the lounge on arrival and departure day, used it a ton in the afternoon for both snacks and extra living space, we all had evening appetizers before the party, beer for my husband and wine for me, and we all really enjoyed talking with the CL CMs. In the end, I surprisingly felt it was entirely worth the extra cost - no question.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #2052
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi mickeynut! That's how we felt - we really love BC and Poly. But our boys have always wanted to try CR, and for the night of MNSSHP it made sense. And the history of CR is just so interesting. All these years of seeing it across the lagoon from Poly, stopping in for California Grill or Chef Mickey's and zooming through it on the monorail - just wanted to give it a try. Yes, we would stay there again, but as part of a split stay and definitely CL.

I just can't emphasize enough how much CL added to our stay. It made CR feel very warm, welcoming and comfortable. In the past, I've said that I would not pay more than $100 extra per night for CL for our family of five. This was above my "value" limit at $150 extra for the night. But we did have breakfast in the lounge on arrival and departure day, used it a ton in the afternoon for both snacks and extra living space, we all had evening appetizers before the party, beer for my husband and wine for me, and we all really enjoyed talking with the CL CMs. In the end, I surprisingly felt it was entirely worth the extra cost - no question.
Thanks for all of your input . We have had great stays at all of the resorts we've tried, but we are also Poly fans as that's our favorite overall. I never really considered the CR as the theme/decor has never appealed to me, but then one day my DH mentioned staying there on a future trip. Once the s/p/d and Jan-Mar room discounts came out, I started quoting a quick March trip and the only room category available for our dates is Standard Atrium Club. I was looking at just a TPV, but after reading your report about CL (and TPV not being available), I'm thinking that might be a good time to give CR CL a try. Glad to hear you had such a great stay that you would stay there again .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #2053
WDWKOOK

Exclamation

HERE IS THE LINK to the CR October Activities flyer. However, there is a separate Halloween activities flyer that was not posted.

BLT OCTOBER ACTIVITIES FLYER
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #2054
skifast22
DIS Veteran

coffee maker at BLT

Checking back into BLT next Saturday! Doe the rooms at BLT still have the 8 cup coffee makers that use the square bottom filters, or have they switched to single cup pod machines? Thanks
Old 10-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #2055
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22 View Post
Checking back into BLT next Saturday! Doe the rooms at BLT still have the 8 cup coffee makers that use the square bottom filters, or have they switched to single cup pod machines? Thanks
Just there last week. It was a regular coffee maker. I may have put a picture on the last page or so or one of the other BLT threads.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: