Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

DVC Disneyland Discounts

Hey all, don't know whether to ask here or on the DVC boards.. I figure I may get more of a response here so I'm trying my luck!

I know DVC members get quite a few discounts at DL but we are staying at the Ramada and not a Disney hotel... do you know if we can still take advantage of the DVC discounts in DL? We will have our membership card on us.

Thanks!
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
FourM's
Mouseketeer

Yes you can, we stayed offsite last month (last minute trip and no dvc availability) We used our DVC discount on dining, it's accepted at most of the restaurants. I did run across a few that didn't, Dole whip counter and Ghiradelli soda Fountain come to mind. I also believe there is a 10%merchandise discount also.
There are DVC kiosks all over the resort, I wonder if you stopped at one if they might be able to give you the little booklet that has a list of what places offer DVC discounts, I'm sure you could access that info on the DVC website too. Have fun!

DVC-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
FourM's is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Camshell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
Hey all, don't know whether to ask here or on the DVC boards.. I figure I may get more of a response here so I'm trying my luck!

I know DVC members get quite a few discounts at DL but we are staying at the Ramada and not a Disney hotel... do you know if we can still take advantage of the DVC discounts in DL? We will have our membership card on us.

Thanks!
I believe DVC members get 10% off at most Disney food establishments if you present your card. I think that is about it.

I asked at the Downtown Disney retail store when I was there for a short trip in January and they were not giving DVC discounts.

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
FourM's
Mouseketeer

I was told in by a CM that DVC was going to be getting a 10% merchandise discount starting this Oct. 1st. As long as it's true, it's good news. Anyone else verify this?

DVC-RESISTANCE IS FUTILE
FourM's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
watkinsme
I Won a One More Disney Day Sweepstakes :)

I just returned and got 10% on all restaurants, food carts, shopping places (including rainforest cafe & miss matched (15%) ) you do not get one at the fairytail arts booth however (for the character names)
watkinsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

You can still get them if you are not staying at a Disney Hotel. They ask for your member card. A full list is available on the member site.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

I have the list from the member site the reason I asked this question is because the PDF says:

To receive these offers you must present your Disney Vacation Club ID and current Key to the Magic Card.... but I wanted to clarify with others about this.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
Disney4us2
Mouseketeer

When I was making a purchase (wearing my DVC hat) I was told I got a 10% discount on merchandise.

Also if you are there on a Monday they have a Royal Gathering at the Disneyland Hotel for DVC members. It is like a Welcome Home Wednesday. Stop by a kiosk to see if they are still doing it. We went last Monday and it was nice. Got our DVC hats there.

7/2005 All Star Movies
12/2006 All Star Movies
12/2010 ASMO/CBR
4/2011 POFQ
8/2011 AKL Kidani DVC

Next: 9/30-10/4 Staycation at VGC Trick or treat
Disney4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: