Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #106
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer
 
jtiggerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 85

Arrival

We arrive thursday morning, getting to the hotel about 11:00 am for a few days of fun before the cruise... We got a four day pass just so we could even wander in the first thing Sunday Morning if we like to get one more ride in. We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites Anaheim.
__________________
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #107
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
We arrive thursday morning, getting to the hotel about 11:00 am for a few days of fun before the cruise... We got a four day pass just so we could even wander in the first thing Sunday Morning if we like to get one more ride in. We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites Anaheim.
We went on an early Sunday morning once and it was great! We happened to stop at a small cafe towards the front of the park for coffee, donuts, etc., and the characters came out from right next door!! Such fun!
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #108
Jesusit86
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fullerton
Posts: 16

December 2 wonder mexican

Any group for this cruise
Jesusit86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #109
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

We're almost there!

Just to remind everyone, if you haven't already done so and you want to participate in the FE, send me your info before the end of October so I can get the list sent out November 1!!!

Thank you and HAPPY CRUISING (54 DAYS!)
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #110
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
We're almost there!

Just to remind everyone, if you haven't already done so and you want to participate in the FE, send me your info before the end of October so I can get the list sent out November 1!!!

Thank you and HAPPY CRUISING (54 DAYS!)
I know right?! craziness.

I am still working on my gifts but I at least have figured out what I am going to make everyone. I hope everyone likes them. I figure if when I am done with them I don't want to give them away, it means I did a good job ...

Basically I love my ideas so much I plan to make more then enought for me, you guys and my other disney loving friends Though again thsi all depends if they even turn out I am going to be doing crafty things I have never done before so lets hope I don't screw up due to user error
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #111
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer
 
jtiggerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 85

FE List

Two things

just wanted to make sure you got my message to be included on the list and second can we have a rough total of who we have on the list.

Justin
__________________
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #112
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiggerb View Post
Two things

just wanted to make sure you got my message to be included on the list and second can we have a rough total of who we have on the list.

Justin
Yes, I did!

As of right now, we have a total of five couples and of course, one DD(3).

We have a couple of celebrations, too...a birthday, a honeymoon, and a first time cruiser who will be meeting Mickey for the first time as well! Should be a great time!!!

Oh, and we haven't really talked about a meet, either. I am thinking, with such a small group as we have, maybe we could just meet and greet at the sail away party? I'll be sure to have printouts of the FE list for anyone who might forget theirs (it's been done before!). What does everyone think?
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #113
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

We're onboard with whatever you all decide. I do have one thought - It's pretty crazy at sailaway, and we wouldn't be able to talk and get to know each other.

We leave this Saturday for our 7-day CA coastal cruise on Princess, so I am pretty much focused on that. LOL!

Vada

PS- I did wonder though about giving FEs with a Christmas theme. Any thoughts??
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #114
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusit86 View Post
Any group for this cruise
Did you mean a FE group or just meet-up? if so we will have both

just PM Ravensilverlight your info and you will be set
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #115
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Yes, I did!

As of right now, we have a total of five couples and of course, one DD(3).

We have a couple of celebrations, too...a birthday, a honeymoon, and a first time cruiser who will be meeting Mickey for the first time as well! Should be a great time!!!

Oh, and we haven't really talked about a meet, either. I am thinking, with such a small group as we have, maybe we could just meet and greet at the sail away party? I'll be sure to have printouts of the FE list for anyone who might forget theirs (it's been done before!). What does everyone think?
I do think it might be a bit crazy then... maybe after dinner that night we could all meet for a drink, or maybe a drink before dinner. Adam and I have the 8pm dinner time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkreuser View Post
We're onboard with whatever you all decide. I do have one thought - It's pretty crazy at sailaway, and we wouldn't be able to talk and get to know each other.

We leave this Saturday for our 7-day CA coastal cruise on Princess, so I am pretty much focused on that. LOL!

Vada

PS- I did wonder though about giving FEs with a Christmas theme. Any thoughts??
that would have been a great plan, but sadly already got my stuff and it is not Christmas themed, I could wrap them up then it would be Christmas themed
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #116
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

I didn't mean that everyone would give Christmas themed items, but I was wondering if it was OK for us to give them. Some people don't celebrate Christmas and may take offense. That was actually what I was driving at.

Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #117
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.
 
DISNEYaddict4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptkreuser View Post
I didn't mean that everyone would give Christmas themed items, but I was wondering if it was OK for us to give them. Some people don't celebrate Christmas and may take offense. That was actually what I was driving at.

Vada
ooooookkkkkh .... I get it now.
Adam I and I would gladly except christmas themed gifts
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #118
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
 
ravensilverlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 387

I certainly have no issue with Christmas themed gifts. I think it's a good idea, we've gotten tree ornaments in the past and nobody took issue with them at all.

Sail away will be a bit crazy, true. We usually skip the giant throng and hang out above the party where it's not so nuts, so I sometimes forget how it can get "down there", lol. There sure won't be a problem finding a meet spot, we barely will take up a corner of wherever we wind up! This cruise just might be the best kept secret on the DIS!!!
__________________

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #119
ptkreuser
Earning My Ears
 
ptkreuser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Highland, CA
Posts: 37

Lifted from Ocean & Cruise News:
Quote:
DCL announced that from Thanksgiving through the new year, they will be adding sparkle to each ship, with traditional "turkey day" fanfare, Christmas feasts, "snow flurries" and New Year's Eve galas.
Vada
ptkreuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #120
jtiggerb
Mouseketeer
 
jtiggerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 85

Thanks for the update

Found an article about it here :
http://dclnews.com/2012/08/sail-away...y-cruise-line/


Sounds like we will be getting some fun extras.

Also I must have been typing fast, my DD is only 2 (actually just turned this past saturday) proud daddy here So sorry about the mis type.

I'm really starting to get excited for this trip... which is alot for me to say cause I always annoy my wife by not being excited for trips until a day or two away from the trip.

Also busy thinking and planning the FE gifts.

Hope everyones fall is going well.
__________________
jtiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.