Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

Traveling with school.Can we still make ADR without res#?

We are traveling in march with the local high school. Dh,DS7 and I are headed down a day before the buses are scheduled to arrive. Which DS18 and DS16 will be on. We also plan to stay a day later. I am having a hard time getting a reservation number from the band director. He has recently been having severe health issues. Even being taken out of the school in a wheelchair. So I havent pushed real hard to get one yet. My question is can we still make ADRs? Disney should have the school ressie they could look up I think. Anyone ever had to deal with a situation similar to this?
Old 10-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Missy13d69
DIS Veteran

You can make the reservations under your name. You do not have to have a reservation number to make ADRs. People staying offsite can make ADRs, and don't have reservation numbers. Have fun!

Missy13d69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

You can absolutely make ADRs without a reservation number - you don't need to be an onsite guest to make a reservation. There are two benefits to using your reservation number with an ARD:
1. When you forget your list of reservations at home and can't remember what time you had your reservation for, the hotel concierge can print you out a list of all the ADRs associated with your reservation. (can't imagine how I know that information....)
2. Onsite guests can reserve the "180+10" days out from the start of their vacation, instead of just 180 days out. Depending on where you want to eat and the time of your trip, this could be an advantage, but if you're online at 180 days out, you should still be fine for the vast majority of the restaurants.

So, in almost all cases, it's no big deal at all to just make an ADR without any info on the hotel reservation.

Hope that helps!
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Dragoness
Earning My Ears

thank you!

That is great. Now to get DH to figure out where he wants to go. Last time he said he didnt care. I made ressies. He ended up making changes all week long.
This time he is going to choose some places or I am putting my foot down on changes. LOL
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
DopeyDame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post

That is great. Now to get DH to figure out where he wants to go. Last time he said he didnt care. I made ressies. He ended up making changes all week long.
This time he is going to choose some places or I am putting my foot down on changes. LOL
Sorry - can't help you with that issue!
my DH does the exact same thing, so if you come up with a solution, let me know.
DopeyDame is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: