Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
bowmanhjw
Earning My Ears

Princess pavillion

Hi

We will be in DLP in 3wks. we are there 30th - 4th nov. I know its going to be busy with it being half term and halloween but has anyone got any tips as to quieter times to visit the princess pavillion? When we were in dlp 2 years ago the princesses where around on the stage near the castle. Think the longest we waited was an hour!
bowmanhjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
tinks_1989
need a like button

When we went a few weeks ago it was anything from an hour to two. I went over to look at 11 as it only opened at 10.30 and that was when it said 120 minute wait and the line was down to Alice's Labyrinth. When I saw it at an hour it was in the afternoon at 2 but that was off season.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

You could try during the parade time if you aren't too bothered about watching that one day. Having said that, if the queue is long, people don't tend to leave it to go and watch the parade - they stake their place. But it might work out? Perhaps a rainy day might help .

We went June half term (busy) and the queue seemed to be at least 2 hours most days. One day we started to queue before it opened (it opened at 1 pm) and were almost back to Alice's labyrinth. The CM came down telling people it was almost 1.5 hours to the front from where we were standing, and the place still had about 40 minutes before opening . My DD1 decided she wasn't that bothered to wait for so long as she realised she could do plenty more in that time (and I was happy to leave it as I had booked Auberge for lunch the next day so knew we'd get to see some Princesses ).

We go again end Nov and we will try for it but I think we are all quite realistic in that we won't stand for hours. Someone has just come back and said it was down to open at 10.30 am but actually opened at 10 am. They started queuing during EMH at about 9.30 am so got in soon after 10 am. Perhaps try that if it is due to open at 10.30 am on the programme? We couldn't do that as it was 1 pm opening when we were there .

I really still don't know why they don't get people to see both Princesses in there or even 3 or 4. That way people probably would only queue once, rather than going back again hoping to see another Princess! Seems a much better way to me....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

I don't know why try made it so you could only see one of the two either in WDW where you see all 3 seems much better.

You could also try your luck near auberge when it closes I have heard of a few people seeing princesses there.

Last September we saw them all the time with hardly any wait x
Old 10-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Hi I wouldn't queue for opening time it's mad. We went June half term and end of August both times we went towards the end of the day and waited no more than one hour. It's just a case of keep looking as your passing by.
Our October half term is the week before yours so not all the uk off at the same time so may make a bit of difference.
Enjoy your stay.
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
May 2014 Novotel Collegien/Magic Circus
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

We went last week and despite the opening times on the programme and sign outside PP both saying 10.30, they opened at 10, so we queued from about 9.40 and were often one of the first ones in. If you want to see multiple princesses, we found it was quickest to go and rejoin the queue straight away as the general public had barely got to PP by that point. Visiting in the parade wasn't possible as PP was only open until 3pm last week.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #7
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

if it says on the schedule it is opening at half ten then get a place in line during emh's. if there are more than one adult let them hold the place while the kids do some rides. we got in line around twenty to ten and only waited maybe 15 minutes once the doors were opened. we found that they opened between ten and ten past while we were there.

ever other time we checked the pavillion had at minimum an hours queue even during the parade and closer to closing time and it was very quiet last week so i think getting there before it opens is your best bet.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
bowmanhjw
Earning My Ears

thanks all, getting there before it opened may be good for us. we are looking at going in quite a few mornings at 8 anyway to do the rides before the park opens to the public so we can keep an eye on the queue forming. Its such a long wait just to see one princess isnt it, like a few of you have said, be nicer if you could see a few. We saw Tiana, belle and snow white last time so obviously my dd really wants to see cindrella and ariel this time and rapunzel. sods law we will queue for a long time and it will be one she has seen before. Be good if they let you know who was on that day so you knew before you queued.
bowmanhjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Lottie asked nicely and was allowed to choose a couple of times which princess she saw.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
rachbelle
Mouseketeer

When we asked at the entrance they said they rotated so couldn't guarantee who would be in there!
rachbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
angel_nix
DIS Veteran

Ask at the top of the ramp before you are taken through. They rotate every 30 minutes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

They wouldnt tell us who was there each of the 5 times we qued:-(. Would agree queing in emh is the best bet as they seem to open around 10am. The longest we qued was 50min and that wad at 6pm an hour b4close.
The pavallion is very badly organised anyway, im secretly hopeing dd2 will be over princess when we go at easter or at the very least be content with aubergines
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
Vala
DIS Veteran

I asked who was there twice at the top of the staircase/ramp and was both times shot down in flames. Maybe it works for kids, but I can't say it works for single adults.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala
I asked who was there twice at the top of the staircase/ramp and was both times shot down in flames. Maybe it works for kids, but I can't say it works for single adults.
Didn't work for us either though we had a tiny rapunzel
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
ShrumpUK
Earning My Ears

We had 2 Snow Whites with us and saw Snow White and Aurora going into the Pavilion. We were 4th in the line and due to see Aurora but a lovely young man winked at us, guided us to one side and let the people behind us go in to the left. We then went (5th) to the right and got Snow White!!

ShrumpUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: