Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
NCjenn
Mouseketeer

Just Returned From 1st Stay in Cabin Last Week

My Family and I stayed in a cabin at Fort Wilderness last week for the first time...and WE LOVED IT!!!!

We were in the 2300 loop, which is a small loop, and we loved the location. The cabin was just like it looks in the pictures I had seen. Everything was clean and in great condition. We really liked having a little extra space compared to a regular hotel room. We took advantage of the Free Dining so we didn't really use the kitchen except for a few breakfast things each morning.

We rented a golf cart from Kenny at Tee Time Golf Rentals and had a great experience. Very nice to deal with...good communication and service and good pricing. No, a golf cart is not a necessity at the Fort but it sure was nice to have that conveniently waiting for us after a long day in one of the parks. Plus, it was lots of fun riding around looking at all the fun Halloween decorations and my kids thought the cart was like an amusement park ride in itself

We enjoyed dinner at Trails End one evening. That place doesn't get a lot of love and attention on these boards but we all really enjoyed our dinner there. Everything was very fresh and tasty and we had great service.

We all loved the whole feel of the Fort...so relaxing and felt so far-removed from the hustle and bustle of the parks. We really liked that. We will definitely choose Fort Wilderness again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: