Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #391
Finally08
DIS Veteran

We were there 9/28 & 9/30. My daughter and friend did different costumes each night, mine stayed the same. I wish I had some close ups to show the detail on my dress...I was proud of all my bead and paint work.

Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #392
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Holy cow these are gorrrrrgeous! You made them? That is true talent!!! And I am totally digging the short-hair version of Rapunzel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Etsy ID: ALPhandmade
Jiminy'sGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #393
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Finally08........ You guys look AWESOME!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #394
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy'sGirl View Post
Holy cow these are gorrrrrgeous! You made them? That is true talent!!! And I am totally digging the short-hair version of Rapunzel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no no...Rapunzel, Briar Rose, and Merida were all purchased from custom sellers. My Giselle gown started as a wedding gown I ordered from ebay, then I spent a month altering it, making it longer, making it HUGE, adding all the detail work, etc - but I had a "base" to start with at least. It was HUGE...not easy to navigate at a sold out party at all and when I did ride a ride, I got a whole seat to myself, lol.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #395
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

This is us in 2010.

My wife (left) made the matching t-shirts. Over the course of the night, my SiL (middle) and I (right) bought different pirate themed items and started wearing them.

This is us in 2011.

My wife was pregnant so she wanted to dress in these costumes.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #396
lynn_s
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
We talked to you guys! We were the Elisabeth Swann and Jack Sparrow who complimented your costumes outside the gates. I think your costumes were the best and more creative we saw all night.
Thanks - Yours were great too! DH has been Jack Sparrow for the last 3 years, took some arm twisting to get him and DS to be jellyfish for a switch!
lynn_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #397
panthergirl
Go Carolina Panthers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
We had the same idea for our family.

Where did you find your tops? We haven't been able to find ones like that. Just plain ordinary t-shirts. Those would be ok but it's just not "it".

Thanks!!
I ordered them from L.L. Bean.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #398
kgleine
Mouseketeer

the lighting was horrible. i look so tan

a monorail full of princesses!!

kgleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #399
wheatly
Bringing Sarcasm to Everyday Conversation While Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgleine
the lighting was horrible. i look so tan

a monorail full of princesses!!
Those pictures are AWESOME! I love all the princess costumes. Were all of them custom made, or just yours?

"Who told you that you were naked?" -God, Genesis 3:11
"You only 'ZING' once in your life" -Hotel Transylvania

Me: DM: DSD: DNephew:
wheatly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #400
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

WOW I'm speechless on the princess costumes. You guys look AMAZING. I would kill for the talent and patience to make those! I'm surprised they let you walk around the park, I've heard if costumes are too good and you look too much like the real character, they ask you to change, and you guys look top notch!!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #401
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

This is my BF and I, Jack Sparrow and Elisabeth Swann (second movie). We were also with my little sister and her BF, who went as white outfit Padme (everyone called her Leia) and Jedi Anakin.

OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #402
kgleine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatly View Post
Those pictures are AWESOME! I love all the princess costumes. Were all of them custom made, or just yours?
thanks!!!! i made cinderella charming and hamish (except for hat and charmings pants which are skinny jeans) everyone else made theirs, finally08 bought hers and did a ton of alterations

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
WOW I'm speechless on the princess costumes. You guys look AMAZING. I would kill for the talent and patience to make those! I'm surprised they let you walk around the park, I've heard if costumes are too good and you look too much like the real character, they ask you to change, and you guys look top notch!!
thanks!!!! i started in march. well we were warned like every other minute about autographs and photos with ppl.... but they wouldnt have turned us away... we just had to be more careful
kgleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #403
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Love all the costumes !! Any more anyone ?
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #404
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatly View Post

Aren't those girls crazy talented?
I started with a wedding dress that was "inspired" by Giselle's dress and then I spent over a month decorating, adding things (like sleeves and length and 100s of feet of ruffles!), and trying to make it as "Giselle like" as possible. I think I doubled the weight of it with everything I added, lol.
I wadded into a tiny ball to fit it into a small carry on sized suitcase to bring it home...and then all the luggage got rained on at the airport...and I have yet to take it out and look at it. Sorta scared....have nowhere to put it...think it is going to be laid to rest now.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #405
wheatly
Bringing Sarcasm to Everyday Conversation While Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally08

Aren't those girls crazy talented?
I started with a wedding dress that was "inspired" by Giselle's dress and then I spent over a month decorating, adding things (like sleeves and length and 100s of feet of ruffles!), and trying to make it as "Giselle like" as possible. I think I doubled the weight of it with everything I added, lol.
I wadded into a tiny ball to fit it into a small carry on sized suitcase to bring it home...and then all the luggage got rained on at the airport...and I have yet to take it out and look at it. Sorta scared....have nowhere to put it...think it is going to be laid to rest now.
"Crazy talented" indeed! I am very creative, but would rather go to the dentist than sew up a costume. That's what my mom is for!
I just wish that she would finish it because our trip is tomorrow, and I'm already anxious.

"Who told you that you were naked?" -God, Genesis 3:11
"You only 'ZING' once in your life" -Hotel Transylvania

Me: DM: DSD: DNephew:
wheatly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: