Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #556
carissacolston
Earning My Ears

So I have a question, I just saw where someone upgraded their older child to an adult meal plan with no extra cost, is it because of the adult same as a child?
carissacolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #557
Rocklands
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the post. Called again and the waiting time is not bad, about 10min. This time I'm able to get the S/P/D applied and the saving is about $650. I'm staying in POR for 7nights from Mar.3, but have to switch to garden view. I found if I can check in on Mar. 2, the standard view is available.
Rocklands is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #558
laurenb0380
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklands View Post
Thanks for the post. Called again and the waiting time is not bad, about 10min. This time I'm able to get the S/P/D applied and the saving is about $650. I'm staying in POR for 7nights from Mar.3, but have to switch to garden view. I found if I can check in on Mar. 2, the standard view is available.
We had to switch from the standard royal to garden view as well. It was going to cost us $1400 more to do the dining plan before s/p/d. We're getting the meals and an upgraded room for only $148 more than our original reservation for 2 rooms, 1 child, 5 adults and 4 days of has passes. In fact somehow when my TA called Disney she got the package for $3548 and not the $3648 quoted on the website!
laurenb0380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #559
laurenb0380
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissacolston View Post
So I have a question, I just saw where someone upgraded their older child to an adult meal plan with no extra cost, is it because of the adult same as a child?
I was old by a CM that it would be $70 more to change my 5 year old to an adult plan.
laurenb0380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #560
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leannea View Post
This offer can run out? I am in a conference all day! I set my alarm early this morning but after being on hold for 1 hour and 25 minutes I needed to get to work! I have reservations already but am hoping to save some money by adjusting. Confused?
Disney only allows a certain amount of rooms at each resort to have certain discounts. Once the rooms are full for the discount they're full, even if you already have a reservation there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
So our original reservations were at AoA, one for $18xx, one for $14xx, WITHOUT dining. I priced it out with S/P/D at Pop and got almost exactly the same prices WITH dining. I emailed my TA asking her to switch us, but I'm afraid she won't get to it before it's too late! Does anyone see these numbers changing, or should we still get the same prices if she doesn't get to it till tomorrow? Should I try calling Disney myself to change it, or does the TA have to?
Help!
You would not be able to apply a discount to a TA booed reservation through Disney, and even the TA has to call a special line. The main line won't be able to pull up or touch the TA reservation.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #561
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Booked this morning then went to bed as I work nights...... and what did I behold when I woke but a free dining pin

So check your e-mails before you book for s/p/d

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #562
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

As much as I wanted Free Dining, I still managed to get something I believe is better...it's like I got free dining and some money back with the RO discount("Z3K"). Went from a package at CSR and upgraded to AKL....and still managed to spend $110 LESS than the rack rate at CSR.

Here's what I posted in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me In Another Thread
Ok, crisi averted and things straightened out...I was right and a different promotion code was used. That little code made a $149 difference! So here's our package:

Janaury 24, 2013 - January 31, 2013 (7Nights/8Days)
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Pool View
8 Day Park Hopper Tickets, 2 Adults
Dining Plan
Original Rack Rate: $3867.78
Our Cost: $3,052.00
Total Savings: $815.78!!

Definitely a big change from original plan we had for Coronado Springs - Water View-King we had...the original cost for all of the above with the CSR room would have been $3161.26.
So we were able to upgrade and get all of the above for $109.26 LESS THAN CORONADO SPRINGS!!!

:worship :
KuyaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #563
butterflies114
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
Booked this morning then went to bed as I work nights...... and what did I behold when I woke but a free dining pin

I received a free dinning pin today also - Wish I was booking a 2013 trip

All Star Movies Feb 2011 - 5 days not enough
POP Feb 2012 - 10 days not enough

Planning DCL and BCV for 2014
butterflies114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #564
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post

Yup, I got the free dining pin too, after I had already got in touch with my TA... but according to the Disney website, I'd only be saving $20 compared to S/P/D. Either way we'd have to switch to Pop. Plus we have two reservations and I don't know if the pin could apply to both.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #565
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

O.M.G. I just got a FD pin as well So excited.

Will have to change my reservation when I get home from work.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #566
ljr74
Mouseketeer

Gah!!! I wonder if these FD pins indicate that FD will be offered eventually?
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #567
buzzrelly
DIS Veteran

What are the dates on the new FD pin?

buzzrelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #568
chikabby
Earning My Ears

OK, so I've been watching this thread for months (!!) and see today's new offers. This is my first time planning a trip to WDW so I am a newbie. I booked through Small World Vacations and have blindly trusted that my TA will look for these discounts and apply them (if worthwhile) so I don't have to worry about it. Should I be on the phone trying to get the discount myself? I've emailed her twice this week without a response. Once on Monday asking how she'd handle it IF a discount comes out, and now again today asking her to please look into it. Not sure what else to do I'm home with my 3 kids while my husband is traveling, and the trip is a surprise. Getting on the phone really isn't possible without blowing the trip

Thanks!!
chikabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #569
carissacolston
Earning My Ears

Hmm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenb0380 View Post
I was old by a CM that it would be $70 more to change my 5 year old to an adult plan.

I tried and she told me that I could not upgrade her to an adult!! This is my first trip to Disney as an adult and although I have had a pleasant experience booking it I am amazed at how the responses really seem to differ from CM to CM. When I originally changed my package this morning I asked the CM three times if it included dining, she told me it did and was even the step above QS. When I get my email there was not any dining so I had to call back and get it added.
carissacolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #570
Leannea
Mouseketeer

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Disney only allows a certain amount of rooms at each resort to have certain discounts. Once the rooms are full for the discount they're full, even if you already have a reservation there.

You would not be able to apply a discount to a TA booed reservation through Disney, and even the TA has to call a special line. The main line won't be able to pull up or touch the TA reservation.
Thank you for the reply. I have been on hold for about 1 hour and 40 minutes now. Earlier today I was on hold for 1 hour 20 minutes and then for another hour. Because of my schedule I am unable to stay on hold for 3 hours, not that I am unwilling . Gosh I hope I am not wasting my time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: