Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

ASMU Family Suite or 2 POP rooms?

Had great luck with pricing a package for a friend on another thread which priced both of these the same. Now the question is which choice is better now that all pricing is equal

It is two adults, one 18 year old boy, two teen girls, and a 2 year old (needing a packnplay). It is five nights in February so not sure that the pool should be considered an issue either way but def location and size of rooms. I've stayed at POP several times and love it there but have never been to ASMU and don't know much about resort or the family suites.
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 23 Alexandra 16 and two steps ~ Shawn 24 Nichole 23

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I'd think the ASMu would be my option. You can put the pack n play in the bedroom with the parents, and then have the teens share the living area. The AoA suites might offer more room, as those were configured to make the maximum use of the space. With the suites, you get the microwave and fridge, two rooms at POP wouldn't give you that.
AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I'd do 2 rooms. 4 real beds are a big difference to the 1 bed at ASMu and 3 pullouts. Not to mention I think the ottoman pullout is too small for a teen. I find it equivalent to the small Murphy bed at POR

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

The pull out beds at AoA are really, really comfy.
AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Girls1
Mouseketeer

I've never stayed at ASMU but I have stayed at Pop. You would have to figure what would give you more value. He guarantee that your entire party would be in a suite with two bathrooms and a kitchen or the gamble of getting two connected rooms at Pop with no kitchenette.
Personally I would go with the suite for the kitchenette; but then I would be putting it to good use. It all depends on what your priorities are.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
Piglet
Can't beat Family Love
You can't go wrong with teddy bears & chocolate
Is a very crafty challenged person but can follow directions

If it is between ASMu and Pop (not AOA), I would definetely go with POP. Like another poster said, the beds are much more comfortable than the pull outs.

WDW Trips
Jan 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2012 - Pop Century
Nov 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Nov/Dec 2010 Pop Century
Oct/Nov 2009 Pop Century
Jan 2009 - OKW
Jan 2008 - All Star Music
Oct/Nov 2007 - Pop Century
Nov 2004 - Pop Century
Oct 2003 - All Star Music
Oct 2001 - Give Kid the World Village - MAW
Nov 1999 - All Star Movies
1979 - Off Site
Piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

How big a deal will it be if you get rooms that don't connect, or are not near each other? If it would be a huge deal, you are safer getting a Family Suite. Connecting rooms, or rooms even near each other are a request.

As far as the fold outs go, I shared the couch one in the Family Suite with one of my nieces. And we both slept just fine. It was very comfortable.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

Thank you everyone. The other thought was that with two rooms the toddler could have quiet time, not so much with four kids in the suite I do know that Pop rooms all have fridges (we just got back) which is really helpful for breakfast juice and milk.

I think I'll recommend POP and that they bring down breakfast food to stretch the dining plan a bit. With that many people it makes sense to eat in the room. In the end, that also depends on whether they fly SW with free luggage (and can pack a bunch of foods) or Delta and do carry-ons. SW is $30 more but that is going to be my recommendation as well.
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 23 Alexandra 16 and two steps ~ Shawn 24 Nichole 23

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGirl View Post
Thank you everyone. The other thought was that with two rooms the toddler could have quiet time, not so much with four kids in the suite I do know that Pop rooms all have fridges (we just got back) which is really helpful for breakfast juice and milk.
The Family Suites do have a bedroom with a door. You could always put the toddler in there for quiet time. Then the rest of you could hang out in the living room area.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: