Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1411
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Big Al is my favorite too! I had a doll of him as a kid. Wish I still had it since they don't make Country Bear merchandise anymore.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1412
alwayspooh
Mouseketeer

Hi Lisa,

I joined your TR late and luv it!

Did they ever fix the audio issue at County Bear? My girls luv those old bears and remember seeing them on a 1 day Disney visit. So of course they are asking to see them again. I like to see that show but, only once per visit is good for me.

Can't wait to hear more.
2001 - CSR (DD 1st trip)
2003 - PC W/MOM
2004 - CSR
2007 - ASMU (DD #2 first Disney vacation)
2008 - 1 DAY MAGIC KINGDOM FIX

Me DD12 DD7

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #1413
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Looks like you had no crowds! JJ loves the new, to him, redition of the Tiki birds. He hated the volcano goddess and all the loud noises, I miss it. Sure, sure those condiments are for everyone . Glad he fits in perfectly! The interactive area at HM is great. I'm always the odd man out when it's the 3 of us on rides that only sit 2. I don't mind on Buzz, then I can get 999999!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #1414
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa! OH, I just love the way you write as you make me picture the World so well in my head. I really need that sometimes. Fortunately I'm working on the scrapbook, so I can relive the memories there. What are we all going to do when the trip report is over???
Old 10-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #1415
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you hit everything!

I appreciate the refurb/restore on the Tiki room. I can sometime be very literal and it drove me crazy having the Cuban inspired music with the SOuth Pacific decor.

Country Bears is DH's favorite. He never misses, except this last time when it was closed for refurbishment - maybe they'll fix the sound. Even though it's hard to understand, I know the entire routine by heart because DH has it on his IPod.

Pluto0809: Big Al is my DH's family favorite too, and they still have his Big Al doll somewhere

Now planning for 2014 - 10th Anniversary
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #1416
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great start to the day at the Magic Kingdom!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #1417
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

We've only done Swiss Family Treehouse once. You know that I don't like heights and my DH pretty much hates heights, too, so we skip it.

We haven't gone to Tiki Birds in a couple of years. Not sure if we'll hit it this trip or not.

Am I the only one who sees all of the streams of people heading into the left line at Pirates and then choose the right line? I rarely see anyone heading into the right side of the line.

Also, are we the only ones who get hit by huge sprays of water during the battle scene on that ride? We never used to get wet, but now we get hit every single time we ride.

Country Bears is another one we've never done. I can't get my husband into that show at all. I've tried.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #1419
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

I am a bit behind...I am so sorry about aunt! Funerals are never fun and its just made worse if the minister doesn't know the person very well. I am sorry that your family has had a rough couple of months. Hope your mom is doing well after her surgery.

I have to admit...I have never seen the Tiki room or the County Bears (well, I haven't seen the Bears since I was little.) But after reading your update, I am re-arranging and adding them to our plans for next week!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #1420
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
I am a bit behind...I am so sorry about aunt! Funerals are never fun and its just made worse if the minister doesn't know the person very well. I am sorry that your family has had a rough couple of months. Hope your mom is doing well after her surgery.

I have to admit...I have never seen the Tiki room or the County Bears (well, I haven't seen the Bears since I was little.) But after reading your update, I am re-arranging and adding them to our plans for next week!!!!
Thank you for the condolences!

Oh you need to see the Tikis and the Country Bears at least once. If we only had one day to spend in the Magic Kingdom, we might skip them but we would be sad if we did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great update! Except for the waiting area at Country Bear Jamboree. That sounds...ick.

I'm sad, I haven't seen them in years, planned to next week on my trip and...it's down for refurb.

3 in one Doom Buggy.

Impressive!

Or crazy
I know that those folks beside us in the waiting area for Country Bears were uncomfortable with wet undies, soaked socks and hot ponchos but they could have done their digging and flinging a little bit more discreetly.

I didn't realize that the Country Bears were done for a refurb right now.

Yep, we squeeze three adults into one doom buggy......I think we'll say that we were impressively crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
We've only done Swiss Family Treehouse once. You know that I don't like heights and my DH pretty much hates heights, too, so we skip it.

We haven't gone to Tiki Birds in a couple of years. Not sure if we'll hit it this trip or not.

Am I the only one who sees all of the streams of people heading into the left line at Pirates and then choose the right line? I rarely see anyone heading into the right side of the line.

Also, are we the only ones who get hit by huge sprays of water during the battle scene on that ride? We never used to get wet, but now we get hit every single time we ride.

Country Bears is another one we've never done. I can't get my husband into that show at all. I've tried.
I'm surprised that the heights of the Treehouse doesn't bother me a lot. You know how afraid I am of heights.

No, you aren't the only one who sees streams of people heading into the left line. I guess it's just natural to think that the "enter" line is to the left and the "exit" is to the right. Some probably don't realize that you can get in either line on Pirates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Looks like a great start to the day at the Magic Kingdom!
It was a fantastic start to the day!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #1421
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
Sounds like you hit everything!

I appreciate the refurb/restore on the Tiki room. I can sometime be very literal and it drove me crazy having the Cuban inspired music with the SOuth Pacific decor.

Country Bears is DH's favorite. He never misses, except this last time when it was closed for refurbishment - maybe they'll fix the sound. Even though it's hard to understand, I know the entire routine by heart because DH has it on his IPod.

Pluto0809: Big Al is my DH's family favorite too, and they still have his Big Al doll somewhere
I've always enjoyed the Tiki Birds...old version and new/old version. Wait! Is that right? Or have there been three versions? Anyway, I like 'em.

Country Bears is one of the oldies but goodies in our opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Good morning Lisa! OH, I just love the way you write as you make me picture the World so well in my head. I really need that sometimes. Fortunately I'm working on the scrapbook, so I can relive the memories there. What are we all going to do when the trip report is over???
Hey! I'm a detail person and I find myself going into a lot of detail when I write. It's good to know that I'm not boring you.

I've been saying that I was going to do a scrapbook of our WDW vacations every since we went in 1998 and haven't gotten one done yet. I do have the pictures sorted according to years so I guess that's something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great updates! Looks like you had no crowds! JJ loves the new, to him, redition of the Tiki birds. He hated the volcano goddess and all the loud noises, I miss it. Sure, sure those condiments are for everyone . Glad he fits in perfectly! The interactive area at HM is great. I'm always the odd man out when it's the 3 of us on rides that only sit 2. I don't mind on Buzz, then I can get 999999!
We didn't run into many crowds that morning which made me happy! I can certainly see why JJ wouldn't like the volcano goddess and the loud noises. Oh yeah, those condiments were for everybody but I was trying to move the mushrooms my way. I love those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayspooh View Post
Hi Lisa,

I joined your TR late and luv it!

Did they ever fix the audio issue at County Bear? My girls luv those old bears and remember seeing them on a 1 day Disney visit. So of course they are asking to see them again. I like to see that show but, only once per visit is good for me.

Can't wait to hear more.
Welcome! I hope you've been entertained so far.

I don't remember the sound being really bad this time around so I'm thinking they fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Big Al is my favorite too! I had a doll of him as a kid. Wish I still had it since they don't make Country Bear merchandise anymore.
How cool! I'd love to see the Big Al doll.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #1422
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Yay! You are in the MK!

I love the pic with Jesus. That's so neat that Jessie takes him everywhere.

You are getting a lot done with not to long waits, and you were able to stay out of the rain for the most part too, which is great.
That Jesus doll has see it's share of traveling, that's for sure!

We were lucky with the wait times/crowds so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Seeing those pictures from Country Bears took me right back to my childhood trips to WDW with Grandma and Grandpa. It's official, we'll be visiting those bears next trip.

I love that Jesse "get's it". I knew he was a keeper.

You guys were having really good luck with wait times! I really don't feel like there's any time of year to actually avoid. (Well, Christmas seems like it's crazy, but I think it would be worth it to see all of the decorations.)
Aww, that's sweet that you remember the Country Bears from when you went to Disney with your grandparents. I want my kids to have those kind of memories.

Yep, I think Jesse is a keeper! I'm proud to call him son.

I would absolutely love to go to Disney at Christmas or near Christmas but I bet the crowds are bad then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great update! I'm glad Jessie understood the importance of food pictures for us!
I have never seen the Tiki Room (which means neither have my DDs) so we will probably do it this year.
Those burgers and condiments looked really yummy!

Hope the rain holds off for a while!
Jesse didn't even bat an eye when I explained the food pictures to him.

If you have time to see the Tiki Birds, it's worth your time to see it at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I have always loved reading your reports but I think I love you a little more when I saw you quoted Napoleon Dynamite. I love that movie.
Do you know that I've never sat down and watched all of Napoleon Dynamite at one time? I've watched 15 or 20 minutes at a time. Added all together, I've seen the entire thing.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #1423
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Great update!! Seems Jessie is fitting right in feeling the WDW love!! I noticed in your condiment photo the printed napkins! I had 1 here at the house from our trip in June and my DD wanted to "save it forever"!So at dinner one evening, I used it just to make her crazy.If I'd only know they were going to be irreplacable, I'd have saved it as well. Only plain ones around on this trip.
Love that you are taking Jessie into everything. One never knows what is going to turn out to be a favorite (or a favorite resting place) until one checks them all out.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 10-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #1424
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Great update!! Seems Jessie is fitting right in feeling the WDW love!! I noticed in your condiment photo the printed napkins! I had 1 here at the house from our trip in June and my DD wanted to "save it forever"!So at dinner one evening, I used it just to make her crazy.If I'd only know they were going to be irreplacable, I'd have saved it as well. Only plain ones around on this trip.
Love that you are taking Jessie into everything. One never knows what is going to turn out to be a favorite (or a favorite resting place) until one checks them all out.
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who admires all of the cute printed napkins (or who will miss them on our 2013 trip). I have old styrofoam cups from several years ago stored away in the top of the pantry so nobody can use them.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #1425
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa,
I love the Tiki Birds!! its a must every trip...the Country Bears...not so much..lol

my condolences on the loss of your aunt. Glad your mama is recovering well.

My dad did not want or have a funeral...he actually donated his body to a local Medical School...when finished..they cremated him and gave us back his remains (in a nice little meeting with all of us)....it was soo much better than having a funeral....

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: