Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #1651
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

Weather permitting, there are outdoor movies every night. However, the movies are shown by the Nemo Pool.
The week of 9/22-9/30 they were shown in the LK every night. They were just outside our window, which overlooked the area where Pumba, Timon, and Simba are in the log. It started around 8ish and finished at 10 so if you stay up later than that, it isn't a problem, but it did keep us up a couple nights when we went to bed early.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #1652
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
The week of 9/22-9/30 they were shown in the LK every night. They were just outside our window, which overlooked the area where Pumba, Timon, and Simba are in the log. It started around 8ish and finished at 10 so if you stay up later than that, it isn't a problem, but it did keep us up a couple nights when we went to bed early.
Thanks for the correction. I have not stayed at AofA yet and was going by what previous posters in this thread reported when they got back.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #1653
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

Thanks for the correction. I have not stayed at AofA yet and was going by what previous posters in this thread reported when they got back.
I think they showed them at the Nemo pool until the LK section opened and then switched.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #1654
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post
Does anyone know the layout of the wheelchair accessible LM rooms?
Also, if I ask for lake view, does that mean I'll be close to the bridge for Pop?
you won't be close to the bridge for PoP - it's down by the end of the Nemo pool area (so from LM you would go past LK and one Nemo building before you get to the bridge). You would be closer than building 9 would be if that helps.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1655
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

Just returned from a 10 night stay, 9/29 - 10/9.

Little Mermaid room, building 8, ground floor, facing the LM pool.

We requested building 7, lakeview, ground floor. I do not think they had our request b/c we also requested a bedrail and pack n play and had to call to get both delivered when we reached our room.

We just stuck with the room assigned b/c we had a rental car and really wanted ground floor with the stroller.

The resort and rooms were BEAUTIFUL. However, the walk to AH and the Finding Nemo pool was too far, in my opinion. They really need a drink station at the LM pool.

I was glad we had the rental car where we could park near our room b/c that walk from the buses would have been old after a couple of days.

We walked from our room to the Finding Nemo pool a lot b/c I liked the splash area and the zero entry for my son. The walk back after being in the sun all day, not so much fun.

As much as I loved the resort, decor, rooms, etc.... I don't know if I'd stay at AoA over Pop in the future for the standard room. It's just too far from everything, especially building 8.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1656
Winue
Mouseketeer

We also just returned from our stay at LM 9/29 to 10/9 bldg 9, third floor. We also had a car, and so glad we did!!! I couldn't imagine staying there without a car. Just too far to go back and forth, especially for drinks. It was about a 7 min walk, and did go by fast, but its just so far out of the way.

The food court, we hated it. I was one who was really excited for the food choices, but food was so slow, cold, and bland. I was looking forward to some flavorful food and never got it. My kids hated the pizza, too much sauce and it was a strong marinara tomato taste. French toast was under cooked, bacon over cooked etc...

LM pool was great! Never really busy, close to all LM rooms. We faced it and didn't notice too much noise at night. Nemo pool was ok, found it had much more chemicals. Cars pool looked very small in comparison to the others.

Theming was fantastic. Bring the closet organizers from the dollar store for LM rooms. There are only 3 small drawers... And this provided much more room for us. Beds are comfy. Toilet is LOUD and doesn't always flush everything. My kids kept saying that Ariel was watching them pee bcuz the shower curtain is right there LOL

Not sure if I would stay again. If I did stay in LM I would get a car again for sure! Also do t see any appeal in staying in LK section, as there is nothing there compared to all other sections. And far enough from all pools to be kind of a pain.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Eta: forgot to add! DO ONLINE CHECK IN!!! We waited for over an hour in line!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #1657
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews of the LM section. I can't wait until we go next June, although I am also a little worried about the walk. We were in the 70s section at Pop, facing the lake, and we thought that was a long walk. But I can't resist the theming at AoA and we can only afford a LM room, so we're stuck with the walk.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #1658
Winue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37
Thanks for the reviews of the LM section. I can't wait until we go next June, although I am also a little worried about the walk. We were in the 70s section at Pop, facing the lake, and we thought that was a long walk. But I can't resist the theming at AoA and we can only afford a LM room, so we're stuck with the walk.
Can you wait until it gets closer and price out a car rentlal? One of my hesitations on staying LM was the distance so we got the car and SO GLAD WE DID!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #1659
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

We stayed in building 9 of LM the 24-29. The walk didn't bother us at all and I figured as much as we walk at the parks, what's a little more at the resort? Then again I work downtown so I'm used to walking blocks at a time to the different Courthouses with no thought so it didn't really bother me (I was just happy to be walking in tennis shoes as opposed to heels all week!).

Yes, it's about a 7 minute walk (my FIL made sure to time it!) but there's so much to see. I used the walk as a way to have a few moments before the craziness at the parks and it was a nice way to wind down after getting back.

After we got back from the parks my mom & I would take everyone's cups up for refills and that was our way to have some time alone which was really nice.

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #1660
janatmovies
Mouseketeer

I stayed at AoA last week and I encourage all past guests to write a letter to Disney about their stay. I have already written a letter thanking them for a great stay but with these constructive criticisms: the pools should have towels nearby instead of having to bring them from the room, LM section needs a drink station, and coffee makers at the very least, and microwave as at least an option for a fee. I think if they hear this from enough people it will happen. It would make a lot of people's stay a lot more enjoyable. If anyone has tried the themed rice Krispy treats in the food court, did the chocolate taste a little cheap to you? I put that in my letter as well. And on an off topic, the magic kingdom is not lit up enough at night.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #1661
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier37 View Post
If you think the 70's is a long walk you're not going to like the walk from LM to Landscape Of Flavors at all.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1662
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

honestly I'm shocked at the number of posters complaining about the walk. It's really not a bad walk I hope people aren't scared away from LM ! We were in building 8 and walked back / forth every day to the pool or the food court or both.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Old 10-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #1663
Winue
Mouseketeer

The walk isn't that bad... Sure. But it's a huge pain when you just want a coffee.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #1664
virge
Mouseketeer

Cars Section Room Request Suggestions?

Ten days until my family's first trip to Disney World

We'll be staying in the Cars section. It will be my husband, our two 6 year old boys, & I in one suite and my mother-in-law will have her own suite. Does anyone have any suggestions for a room request? Floors? Buildings? Parts of buildings? I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever rooms we have but, if anyone has some wisdom/suggestions they'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #1665
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winue View Post
Eta: forgot to add! DO ONLINE CHECK IN!!! We waited for over an hour in line!!!
we checked in on the 24th - arrived about 3:00 p.m. We did not do online check in and were able to walk right up with no wait so it probably just depends on the time and day (ours was a Monday so maybe that made a difference) We even had room requests granted for connecting rooms with no problem either.

Just returned from a fabulous trip, no planned trips at this time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: