Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #1381
nannye
DIS Veteran

Wait what? Are they getting rid of camp Minnie Mickey for avatar land?

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #1382
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
That's the word on the street. I think they already closed a gift shop somewhere else in the park (Beastly Bazaar?????) that they are remaking into an indoor meet & greet area. And the rumor is floating around that Festival of the Lion King will end in January until it reopens in a new location at at future date. That part is still rumor I think.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1383
nannye
DIS Veteran

That is totally ruining ak. Sk is about Africa and conservation not freaky blue men no one cares about.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #1384
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is totally ruining ak. Sk is about Africa and conservation not freaky blue men no one cares about.
I totally agree!

Hi! Can't wait to see the girls in the dresses and I LOVE the pink Cindy dress!!! Can't wait to see it!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #1385
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally agree too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I totally agree!

Hi! Can't wait to see the girls in the dresses and I LOVE the pink Cindy dress!!! Can't wait to see it!
I can't wait to see the girls in their Cindy gowns too! I'll try to post a photo of Katie's blue Cindy when things slow down a bit. I need to get it back out and on her soon anyway. I never did hem it and I could probably do that long about now.

I was hoping to find a pair of "glass" slippers for her in one of the costume shops now that Halloween season is here, but so far I haven't seen any. I saw some online but I really hate buying shoes online without trying them on.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1387
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
glass slippers would be awesome
I actually took my chances and ordered some 2 days ago. Took a complete chance on whether they will fit. But I started looking around and there really weren't that many to choose from. But they have a 2" heel and Katie will love wearing them even for a bit. I figure she can wear her flats into the park, then swap to these for BBB and breakfast at CRT before changing.

Not sure what I'll do if they're too big though. It's not like I can stuff cotton in the toes of glass slippers!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #1388
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Glass Slippers! Awesome! Are they hard plastic or more jelly like?

Pictures please When you get time, which right now may be after your trip!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #1389
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Glass Slippers! Awesome! Are they hard plastic or more jelly like?

Pictures please When you get time, which right now may be after your trip!
How about a link?

http://www.buycostumes.com/Ariel-Cle...uctDetail.aspx

I was back and forth. I really wanted to find some locally so she could try them on, but I came up empty. So my fingers are crossed that these fit. I liked that this site pays for the shipping if you have to exchange for size. But it's not like I ca stuff the toes with cotton or anything. They sort of just needs to fit. She's in a 6.5 womens so I went with the 7.

I bet you're getting so excited with your own trip just a few weeks away!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #1390
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

How about a link?

I was back and forth. I really wanted to find some locally so she could try them on, but I came up empty. So my fingers are crossed that these fit. I liked that this site pays for the shipping if you have to exchange for size. But it's not like I ca stuff the toes with cotton or anything. They sort of just needs to fit. She's in a 6.5 womens so I went with the 7.

I bet you're getting so excited with your own trip just a few weeks away!
Lovely shoes! I know when Kadence had her "glass" sandals she was so happy.
Yeah, cotton wouldn't look princess like...

I am getting excited, 22 days. I feel a little panicky about some things, but it will be what it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #1391
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

The shoes arrived yesterday. I was really surprised at what a close fit they are. No room for cotton stuffing! I even considered sending them back for a bigger size, but no half sizes, so we'd be going up a full size. But she insists they fit just fine so I'm not going to push it. It's not like she's going to have them on very long anyway. Probably just for a few photos and around the BBB.

It was really fun to see her excitement. When I told her the box had come, she was excited but wanted to make sure they didnt' have any little Cinderella medallions on them! You know, like the kiddie ones. Not to worry, those don't COME in an adult size 7! Then she couldn't wait to put them on her feet.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #1392
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

It was really fun to see her excitement. When I told her the box had come, she was excited but wanted to make sure they didnt' have any little Cinderella medallions on them! You know, like the kiddie ones. Not to worry, those don't COME in an adult size 7! Then she couldn't wait to put them on her feet.
You could always glue some on!

Glad to see they fit. I'm positive they're going to look awesome!

Old 10-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1393
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye
What?! I thought this was put on permanent hiatus?!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #1394
Lynnp
Earning My Ears

I love the dresses your daughter has. Did you make all those? They are beautiful! My sis and I had one each when we were kids and my mom even had one for a book fair, but I would have died to have had a whole wardrobe. My DD3 would too so I probably won't show her the pics. She will have to stick with the one my mom is making for halloween. . My seamstress skills are still at pillowcase dresses and things labeled "easy."

Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #1395
babynala
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've posted on your thread since March (maybe longer) and I have not been good about following along. I did just catch up on the last few days of your TR. I'm exhausted just reading along so I'm sure you two were pretty wiped out at the end of this trip. You do have some wonderful memories and AMAZING pictures - thanks for sharing them with us.

The girls look beautiful all dressed up in their costumes and customs. I don't think I care too much for the pop-star hair but it did look cute on the girls. Your dresses are amazing and the Merida costumes are gorgeous. Your pictures from the castle show are outstanding. Katie is looking so grown up and has so much fun with the characters - I love it!

I can't wait to see your pink Cindy costume and read all about your plans for this December. Looking forward to your visit to BOG with the girls in their Belle dresses. I'm curious how the FP return time enforcement will affect your touring schedule and to hear what you think of the new FLE. I'll be reading along on your new TR and hopefully I can do a better job of keeping up with you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: