Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #451
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrsspeyrer View Post
In the fine print the dates we are going (May 19-25) was included in the dates the new deal is available. When I got through on the phone they said they last date available for the package was March 7th. Not sure what happened..
When you say "fine print" do you mean you saw those dates on the Disney site? I was also told that my dates would fall within the "new promotion" and to call back on the 10th. I'm still going to call and see if someone can give me more information.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #452
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

Total bummer! But I was telling myself not to get my hopes up so I will just go back to waiting LOL! Was hoping to book today though....I'm afraid to book in case nothing comes out AND I then don't get a pin because I've got a trip in the system already?
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #453
jasperess
Mouseketeer

All of us were so excited, and this is a bit of a letdown. Oh well, though! We'll get something eventually!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #454
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS1125 View Post
Lisa maybe the CM meant this promo

Not sure if this info is public knowledge yet but if not- here it is!! This is confirmed from a friend of mine who works for AAA.

They are rolling out an offer tomorrow and it is for dates throughout 2013. There is a room/tix offer and a room/dining/tix offer. There may be a room only offer as well.select 2013 dates: January 2 to February 13, February 24 to March 7, April 7 to May 30, August 4 to November 22, and November 30 to December 12, 2013

somebody posted that in this post
I hope this is coming today....after the system gets back up and running
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #455
futuremrsspeyrer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown

When you say "fine print" do you mean you saw those dates on the Disney site? I was also told that my dates would fall within the "new promotion" and to call back on the 10th. I'm still going to call and see if someone can give me more information.
This is what I saw on the bottom of the SDP promotion page
*Sample prices are based on 2 adults, one junior and one child in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for select 2013 dates: January 2 to February 13, February 24 to March 7, April 7 to May 30, August 4 to November 22, and November 30 to December 12, 2013. The number of rooms allocated for these packages may be limited. Tickets valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. See more package options for 2013.

Which shows all of May falling into this promotion. Unless I'm not reading something right! Under special offers the ending date for the RO discount is March 7.
futuremrsspeyrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #456
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrsspeyrer View Post
*Sample prices are based on 2 adults, one junior and one child in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort for select 2013 dates: January 2 to February 13, February 24 to March 7, April 7 to May 30, August 4 to November 22, and November 30 to December 12, 2013. The number of rooms allocated for these packages may be limited. Tickets valid for one theme park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. See more package options for 2013.

Which shows all of May falling into this promotion. Unless I'm not reading something right! Under special offers the ending date for the RO discount is March 7.
I read on the other thread that the CMs are telling people to call back in a few hours b/c the system isn't working properly. Perhaps all the dates will be available once they get the kinks worked out. I sure hope so, anyways!!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #457
futuremrsspeyrer
Earning My Ears

I even made sure to say I saw that May fell into the available dates and the CM said it was probably a miss type since they had been updating the website. Well the miss type went all the way into December too so I don't understand!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #458
futuremrsspeyrer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl

I read on the other thread that the CMs are telling people to call back in a few hours b/c the system isn't working properly. Perhaps all the dates will be available once they get the kinks worked out. I sure hope so, anyways!!
Perhaps that's what it is. The CM kept telling me that a discount would probably come around in jan/feb for May. I'm not sure if these packages are worthwhile for just two people (we are going on our honeymoon). Perhaps just a room only?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #459
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrsspeyrer

That is quoted on the "Stay and Dine" package promo page yes, but that is not the Stay, Play and Dine special offer. It is non-discounted rates for those particular dates.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #460
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

The only discount I am seeing on the Special Offers page on disneyworld.com ends on March 7. I was really hoping for something for May!!!

deedeew80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #461
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
The only discount I am seeing on the Special Offers page on disneyworld.com ends on March 7. I was really hoping for something for May!!!
We all were. Several of us, me included, got excited when it was posted on another thread that the 2013 special offers released today were going to include all of May. Unfortunately, that is not true. At least not at this time. So back to waiting and hoping.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:32 PM   #462
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I just received a mailing from WDW with a PIN for up to 35% off resort stays 1/2-3/24 and 4/21-5/22.
mommytothreeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #463
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I just received a mailing from WDW with a PIN for up to 35% off resort stays 1/2-3/24 and 4/21-5/22.
Woo hoo! Are you going to be able to use the pin?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #464
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

I went ahead and booked mine today - we are going with or without a PIN/discount. If we get a discount we may add dining, otherwise we are skipping the DP this time because it will just be me, my girls and my mom and we are not big eaters and can easily share and probably come out ahead of the DP cost.

Hang in there, surely something will come out soon enough, right?
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #465
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeTinks View Post
I went ahead and booked mine today - we are going with or without a PIN/discount. If we get a discount we may add dining, otherwise we are skipping the DP this time because it will just be me, my girls and my mom and we are not big eaters and can easily share and probably come out ahead of the DP cost.

Hang in there, surely something will come out soon enough, right?
We are thinking the same thing about the DP. We probably wouldn't get dessert at dinner every night, and if we were too full, we wouldn't feel like we had to get it. So unless Free Dining is out for us, we will probably be going without the DP. We are even looking at buying tickets from undercover tourist if we do not have to d a package because of a discount. Hey, anything to save a penny!
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: