Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #91
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I cannot believe people were waiting in that line!! Yikes! Glad you were able to get a couple rides in before. That was insane. (But anyone who rides that one probably is, too.. You know I'm kidding!)

Lovin the pictures! I've never seen some of this stuff before, so it's nifty to check it out on your TR. I think Ben's Tink pic looks great! I'm afraid to try that drawing stuff. Nice that you were able to get into a class so fast!

Earl of Sandwich must be good!
That line was too crazy! I couldn't believe anyone would get in it!!!

You should give the drawing class a shot...its a lot of fun! The guy did go kind of fast though...I got flustered a couple of times.

Oh man, Earl of Sandwich is so so sooo good!!!!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #92
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

When I left off, we had napped after a fun filled morning at Hollywood Studios, and were now ready to head out for the evening. We left the room a little before 5:00PM and drove to the Transportation and Ticket Center so that we could take the monorail to our first destination, EPCOT.



We had a 5:30PM reservation at Teppan Edo, and we arrived at EPCOT at about 5:25PM, so we took a very speedy walk toward the World Showcase. A Friendship boat was just docking as we arrived at the lagoon, so we jumped on for a ride across.



The boat dropped us off in Morocco, and we jumped off and hurried to Japan.



It was a bout 5:45PM when we checked in. I found the check in a little confusing because it was outside, but Ben was on it and spotted it right away, so we avoided any frustration. If you are going, just be aware that the check in area is at the bottom of the big staircase that leads up to the restaurant!



We were given a pager and directed upstairs to the restaurant. The second we stepped inside, the buzzer went off and we were taken to our table.



We were seated with 3 other couples, two of the couples were around our age and the other looked to be a mother and son. No one at the table was very talkative except with the person they came with, which was fine for us. We would have enjoyed conversation if it had happened but we were just finding talking to each other as well.

Very soon, the waitress came to take our drink orders. I ordered the iced green tea and a strawberry smoothie and Ben ordered a coke and a Mt Fuji.

This is when we discovered that the mother from the mother/son couple was a little out there. The poor waitress just wanted to take our drink orders and she started asking a million questions about the food. “How’s the steak? Can I have a fork? What is miso soup?” Oh boy, here we go.

The waitress finally got her drink order and went away to get everyone’s beverages. While we were waiting and checking out the menu, I looked at the table across from us and saw a drink that looked like Windex…I pointed it out to Ben and told him how disgusting it looked. Sure enough, when the drinks came, he was handed a glass of Windex!! If you take one tip from this trip report, DO NOT ORDER A MT FUJI!



My smoothie, on the other hand, was fabulous!!



The waitress took our food and appetizer orders next. I ordered the edamame as an appetizer and Filet Mignon for ,my entrée. Ben also got the Filet Mignon.

Our appetizer came quickly and the it was a HUGE portion! I started eating before I remembered to take a picture, but picture all the beans on one plate!



The chef was soon at the table and started cooking our dinner. He was a lot of fun and we had a great time munching on our edamame and watching the show!







Of course, this whole time, the woman next to us was asking crazy questions. She somehow asked about my edamame enough to convince me to offer her some…she didn’t know what it was or how to eat it and I think I just wanted to shut her up?!!?

Once dinner was served the lady finally quieted down and we were all served. This food was AMAZZZZZZZINGGG!!!!!

The steak was just as good as what we had gotten at Narcoosee’s on our first night! The noodles and vegetables were fabulous!



I had always been skeptical about the food here for some reason. I never thought the pictures I had seen looked very appetizing. If you are skeptical…give it a try!!! I SERIOUSLY enjoyed this meal, and so did Ben. Everything was absolutely perfect! (Except for the Mt Fuji!!!)

We took our time eating, and enjoyed eating every last bite with our chopsticks! (Ms. Inquisitive did receive a fork and put it to good use, in case you were wondering!)

We weren’t really interested in the dessert choices, but we decided to try since it came with the dining plan. We got a green tea pudding and a chocolate ginger cake to share.





Both were surprisingly good!! We truly enjoyed this entire meal experience and can’t wait to go back again some day!

We headed out of the restaurant around 7:10PM. We took a moment at the top of the stairs to enjoy the view and make a plan.





We decided to take a few minutes and walk around the shop in Japan. We had never been inside and I was excited to check it out. There is SO MUCH to look at in there! I saw so many things I wanted to buy, but I decided to hold off because I didn’t want to have to carry it around all night…we had big plans!

At about 7:40PM, we decided it was time to make our way to the front of the park so that we could take the monorail to our next destination. We were able to enjoy the gorgeous views in World Showcase as we made our way out. It was the perfect evening!






We made one stop along the way, at the shop at the beginning of the World Showcase. My sandals were killing me and giving me terrible blisters, so I knew I had to buy some new footwear if I didn’t want to be miserable for the rest of the night. I ended up finding some cute black flip flops, which were better but not perfect…my feet were still bothering me. I ended up with some pretty terrible blisters by the end of the night. In hindsight, I should have gone back to the hotel to get sneakers. Oh well, live and learn. But, for my second public service announcement of this update…don’t wear new sandals to Disney World unless you are sure they won’t give you blisters!!

The good news is, Ben found a great new look while I was shopping!



With the show mission accomplished, we continued on our way out. With a quick photopass picture, we said goodbye to EPCOT for the night!





Up next…a delicious and magical night!!!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #93
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,571

Teppan Edo looks good! We have a hibachi restaurant near our house, though, and it's amazing so we never make it a priority to go to Teppan Edo. (It's not Bennihana either!) It also bothers me that it doesn't seem like you can have fried rice in substitution of the white rice. I love fried rice! I'd love to go there if we ever take a trip with a group.

Blisters in Disney are no fun! That happened to me a couple years back and I learned my lesson NOT to bring new shoes. I also come prepared with blister spray and plenty of band-aids!

Loving your report, can't wait to read more!
__________________
2004:Off-site 2006:Sports 2009:POFQ 2009:Sports 2010:GF 2011:Pop 2011:Dolphin & Pop 2012:Off-site 2012:Pop
2013: Movies & Pop
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]



DisneyCrafter is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #94
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Teppan Edo looks good! We have a hibachi restaurant near our house, though, and it's amazing so we never make it a priority to go to Teppan Edo. (It's not Bennihana either!) It also bothers me that it doesn't seem like you can have fried rice in substitution of the white rice. I love fried rice! I'd love to go there if we ever take a trip with a group.

Blisters in Disney are no fun! That happened to me a couple years back and I learned my lesson NOT to bring new shoes. I also come prepared with blister spray and plenty of band-aids!

Loving your report, can't wait to read more!
We have a hibachi that we love around here as well, but it is nothing like Teppan Edo. We can get yummy fried rice at that one as well. You are correct, there isn't fried rice at Teppan Edo, but, shockingly, I didn't miss it. Everything just tasted so fresh and clean and pure.

Blister spray...I've never heard of that, but I sure wish I had some! I ended up layering bandaids on and taking Motrin to dull the pain.
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #95
jc040404
DIS Veteran
 
jc040404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,992

The sky is gorgeous in these pictures! I love the way the sun is shining through!

This sounds so yummy! Well, minus the Windex! That was almost funny. I'll be sure to avoid it when/if we go back. You definitely have me craving the scallops I had there!

That woman sounds.. interesting. I laughed when I read you'd shared food with her. That's nuts!

Excited for the rest of this night! Delicious & magical? Can't wait!!
jc040404 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #96
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
The sky is gorgeous in these pictures! I love the way the sun is shining through!

This sounds so yummy! Well, minus the Windex! That was almost funny. I'll be sure to avoid it when/if we go back. You definitely have me craving the scallops I had there!

That woman sounds.. interesting. I laughed when I read you'd shared food with her. That's nuts!

Excited for the rest of this night! Delicious & magical? Can't wait!!
It was such a pretty night!

Oh man, that drink was so disgusting! Windex might be better!

The woman was definitely interesting, to say the least. Absolutely no idea of how to behave appropriately in the situation. I'm really not sure how I ended up sharing food with her...I think I just wanted her to stop asking me about it!!!

This was an amazing night, I can't wait to write about the rest!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to sit down and do it in the next few days.
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #97
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,210

Wow, that drink does look a little gross. I don't like anything with blue curacao in it, so I would have avoided the drink like the plague anyway!

Glad you guys enjoyed Tepan Edo! I wasn't all that impressed the last time I was there, but maybe I should give it a second chance, it might have been an off night.

Looking forward to hearing what the rest of the night holds, EMH maybe?
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #98
livsmom04
DIS Veteran
 
livsmom04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 608

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218
When I left off, we had napped after a fun filled morning at Hollywood Studios, and were now ready to head out for the evening. We left the room a little before 5:00PM and drove to the Transportation and Ticket Center so that we could take the monorail to our first destination, EPCOT.

We had a 5:30PM reservation at Teppan Edo, and we arrived at EPCOT at about 5:25PM, so we took a very speedy walk toward the World Showcase. A Friendship boat was just docking as we arrived at the lagoon, so we jumped on for a ride across.

The boat dropped us off in Morocco, and we jumped off and hurried to Japan.

It was a bout 5:45PM when we checked in. I found the check in a little confusing because it was outside, but Ben was on it and spotted it right away, so we avoided any frustration. If you are going, just be aware that the check in area is at the bottom of the big staircase that leads up to the restaurant!

We were given a pager and directed upstairs to the restaurant. The second we stepped inside, the buzzer went off and we were taken to our table.

We were seated with 3 other couples, two of the couples were around our age and the other looked to be a mother and son. No one at the table was very talkative except with the person they came with, which was fine for us. We would have enjoyed conversation if it had happened but we were just finding talking to each other as well.

Very soon, the waitress came to take our drink orders. I ordered the iced green tea and a strawberry smoothie and Ben ordered a coke and a Mt Fuji.

This is when we discovered that the mother from the mother/son couple was a little out there. The poor waitress just wanted to take our drink orders and she started asking a million questions about the food. “How’s the steak? Can I have a fork? What is miso soup?” Oh boy, here we go.

The waitress finally got her drink order and went away to get everyone’s beverages. While we were waiting and checking out the menu, I looked at the table across from us and saw a drink that looked like Windex…I pointed it out to Ben and told him how disgusting it looked. Sure enough, when the drinks came, he was handed a glass of Windex!! If you take one tip from this trip report, DO NOT ORDER A MT FUJI!

My smoothie, on the other hand, was fabulous!!

The waitress took our food and appetizer orders next. I ordered the edamame as an appetizer and Filet Mignon for ,my entrée. Ben also got the Filet Mignon.

Our appetizer came quickly and the it was a HUGE portion! I started eating before I remembered to take a picture, but picture all the beans on one plate!

The chef was soon at the table and started cooking our dinner. He was a lot of fun and we had a great time munching on our edamame and watching the show!

Of course, this whole time, the woman next to us was asking crazy questions. She somehow asked about my edamame enough to convince me to offer her some…she didn’t know what it was or how to eat it and I think I just wanted to shut her up?!!?

Once dinner was served the lady finally quieted down and we were all served. This food was AMAZZZZZZZINGGG!!!!!

The steak was just as good as what we had gotten at Narcoosee’s on our first night! The noodles and vegetables were fabulous!

I had always been skeptical about the food here for some reason. I never thought the pictures I had seen looked very appetizing. If you are skeptical…give it a try!!! I SERIOUSLY enjoyed this meal, and so did Ben. Everything was absolutely perfect! (Except for the Mt Fuji!!!)

We took our time eating, and enjoyed eating every last bite with our chopsticks! (Ms. Inquisitive did receive a fork and put it to good use, in case you were wondering!)

We weren’t really interested in the dessert choices, but we decided to try since it came with the dining plan. We got a green tea pudding and a chocolate ginger cake to share.

Both were surprisingly good!! We truly enjoyed this entire meal experience and can’t wait to go back again some day!

We headed out of the restaurant around 7:10PM. We took a moment at the top of the stairs to enjoy the view and make a plan.

We decided to take a few minutes and walk around the shop in Japan. We had never been inside and I was excited to check it out. There is SO MUCH to look at in there! I saw so many things I wanted to buy, but I decided to hold off because I didn’t want to have to carry it around all night…we had big plans!

At about 7:40PM, we decided it was time to make our way to the front of the park so that we could take the monorail to our next destination. We were able to enjoy the gorgeous views in World Showcase as we made our way out. It was the perfect evening!

We made one stop along the way, at the shop at the beginning of the World Showcase. My sandals were killing me and giving me terrible blisters, so I knew I had to buy some new footwear if I didn’t want to be miserable for the rest of the night. I ended up finding some cute black flip flops, which were better but not perfect…my feet were still bothering me. I ended up with some pretty terrible blisters by the end of the night. In hindsight, I should have gone back to the hotel to get sneakers. Oh well, live and learn. But, for my second public service announcement of this update…don’t wear new sandals to Disney World unless you are sure they won’t give you blisters!!

The good news is, Ben found a great new look while I was shopping!

With the show mission accomplished, we continued on our way out. With a quick photopass picture, we said goodbye to EPCOT for the night!

Up next…a delicious and magical night!!!
We ate at Teppan Edo on our honeymoon this past August. It was awesome!!! The only shoes I wore were my reef flip flops and Nike shoes.
__________________
Jason (DH) Charlotte (Me) Olivia (DD) Yoda (dog)

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!



livsmom04 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #99
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Wow, that drink does look a little gross. I don't like anything with blue curacao in it, so I would have avoided the drink like the plague anyway!

Glad you guys enjoyed Tepan Edo! I wasn't all that impressed the last time I was there, but maybe I should give it a second chance, it might have been an off night.

Looking forward to hearing what the rest of the night holds, EMH maybe?
Oh man that drink was terrible! We really did enjoy Teppan Edo...maybe you did get an off night...give it another shot!

Ohh, that's a quite accurate guess!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
We ate at Teppan Edo on our honeymoon this past August. It was awesome!!! The only shoes I wore were my reef flip flops and Nike shoes.
I'm glad you enjoyed Teppan Edo too! Congrats on your marriage and honeymoon...sounds like we were celebrating around the same time!

You were smart about your shoes...don't know what I was thinking.
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #100
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Before I continue with the trip report…I have a little aside. I got a free dining pin for January-March…and I am trying soooo hard to make a trip happen! We had kind of decided to wait until 2014 to go again so that Fantasyland would be complete….but a short trip at the end of February is looking promising! Ben was funny when I brought it up…he was like “I want to go…but that ride on the Magic Express back to the airport is so sad…I don’t know if I can take it!!”

I am looking at Feb 26 or 27 to March 3 or 4 right now…no guarantees but I sure am hoping!!! I think I might start stalking for a Be Our Guest reservation just in case…although the menu doesn’t look that appealing to me, I want to eat there anyway…for lunch AND dinner! Oh well, we’ll see what happens!!!


Anyway, back to July….

When I left off, we had just finished dinner at Teppan Edo and were on our way to our next destination of the night.

We headed out of EPCOT and onto the monorail to begin our journey.



I just love riding the monorail! I love the view…especially when the view is this:



Clearly, we were headed to the Magic Kingdom! Tonight we were going to the Dessert Party AND staying for extra magic hours!! We were so excited!

We walked into the park at about 8:25PM and headed straight to the dessert party. Main Street was looking amazing and magical as always!





We checked in at the Dessert Party, were given our bracelets, and led to our table. I had booked the 1st day reservations became available, and it paid off…we had the best table in the house! We were right up front with absolutely nothing blocking our view! It was perfect! I tried not to get too excited about it though, because the CM who seated us explained that people could and would go to the railing, so we wouldn’t be able to see from our table if we stayed seated.



The buffet was all set up and ready to go, so we headed over to grab some goodies. We spotted a photopass photographer on our way, so we stopped for pictures. I’m not thrilled with how these came out…I think the flash was way too strong and it just doesn’t look right. Not the picture I was hoping for, but still a nice memory.



We loaded up our plates with the huge selection of goodies they had available.





To be perfectly honest, some of this was really good…but much of it could have been better.

The mango shooters were great, and the cookies and brownies were fabulous. Ben loved his ice cream sundae! However…I felt like much of the other offerings weren’t that great…mostly because they were too warm. Everything tasted like it should have been cold and had been sitting out too long, which just really turned me off. Once I had finished my plate I went up and got us some fresh fruit to share, which was fabulous!

We relaxed, enjoying our food and the view, waiting for the parade to start. It was scheduled for 9:00PM but was delayed until 9:35 due to a storm. If you look at the following picture and the last few above, you can see the storm clouds.



We got a little bit of thunder and lightning and a light drizzle, but it moved on quickly and the parade was able to begin!

We went up to the railings during the parade because others did and we wanted to secure our view. This was a fun and unique place to watch the parade. I definitely don’t recommend it for a great view, but since we have seen it multiple times it was fun for us.







Halfway through the parade, Ben stepped back to our table to grab my extra camera battery. I moved over to fill both our spots to save it, and he was back seconds later. Without my noticing, a boy of about 8 or 9 had slipped right under my arm into Ben’s spot! We were torn here because, of course, we always want the kids to be able to see, but this kid knew he was in the wrong because he kept looking back at Ben, who was now standing behind me. If he had asked to stand there, I would have been more than happy to give him the spot. We weren’t sure who or where his parents were, but there were plenty of spaces along the railing where he could have fit, but no where the two of us would have fit, so we didn’t have the option to move. We left him, of course, to watch the parade…but we sure did wish his parents had watched him better. He moved away after the parade anyway, so it all worked out. Ben just wanted a comfy spot to lean on the railing!

Anyway, moving along with the evening, they skipped the first showing of the Magic the Memories and You since the parade had started late and moved right on to Wishes, which started just a little after 10:00PM.

We thought this was an amazing spot to watch Wishes! Nothing will ever beat a straight on view of the castle for me, but this was a very different and beautiful view!

I can’t imagine a better spot to see Tink! She flew right at us and over us!!







I loved the reflections of the fireworks on the water.













I LOVE Wishes! Writing this part of the trip report definitely makes it seem like a no brainer to book that February trip!

As soon as the fireworks ended, the dessert party cleared out. We went back to our table to finish our drinks and relax for a bit in hopes that they would put the Magic the Memories and You on. The CM said we were welcome to stay, so we got comfortable and enjoyed the wait.

The show DID come on, and it was fabulous as always! This show is DEFINITELY best from Main Street, but we still enjoyed watching it. The summer additions were a lot of fun, I especially liked the sand castle!





To me, this show would have been just fine as projections only and no photos…I could never see them anyway. But either way, we loved it!

My final thoughts on the dessert party are that I’m thrilled that we did it but I wouldn’t do it again. The desserts just weren’t good enough to make me want to go back for them. The view was great, but since you have to stand up anyway when everyone goes to the railing, I figure I might as well stand somewhere for free! This would be much more enjoyable if they made it a seated event. I would definitely say try it once though because we did enjoy ourselves…it just wasn’t ideal.

When the show was over, we gathered our belongings and headed on our way. Extra Magic Hours were until 2:00AM and I had no intention of leaving until they kicked me out!!!!!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #101
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Alright…time for the night I was most looking forward to for the entire trip….Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 2:00AM!!!!!! We weren’t leaving until they kicked us out!

My feet were still bothering me from those stupid new sandals I had tried to wear, so we decided to start in Tomorrowland and make our way around systematically, riding everything that had a reasonable wait time.

We started with the Monster’s Inc laugh floor, which we had never done before. A show was just starting, so the timing worked out perfectly!



This show is so much fun, I can’t believe we had never done it in the past. We will definitely be back in the future.



Up next, we headed to Astro Orbiter. I had gotten it into my head that I wanted to ride it at night to check out the view, so we jumped in line.



The posted wait time was 20 minutes, and it was actually probably a little bit longer than that. This ride is SO slow loading!

Who else has tried to fit two adults into these ride cars?? This next picture pretty much sums up that experience…we could NOT stop laughing!



Needless to say, we did not fit comfortably! I remembered this from last time, not really sure why I wanted to ride again! I also remembered that I hated the ride the first time…but I guess I really wanted to try it at night. The angle of these rocket ships once they get up into the air is terrifying…and they move so fast that you can’t really check out the view anyway. Oh well, we had fun laughing at ourselves, and we never have to do it again!

When we exited Astro Orbiter, we check on Buzz and Space Mountain, but they both had pretty long waits so we moved on to Fantasyland. Here, we did another ride we had never done before…the Teacups! Ben always laughs at me, saying it is one of the most famous rides at Disney World and I refuse to ride it. The spinning makes me sick…but I agreed to give it a shot since Ben really wanted to ride.



We walked right on, it made me feel nauseous, as I expected, and it is another one that I can cross of the list and never do again! Ben can ride alone and spin to his heart’s content!



We headed on through Fantasyland, stopping to visit our Hundred Acre Wood friends next.



The wait time said 20 minutes, but we only waited about 5. This ride brings back so many great childhood memories!







Here’s one for Andy-Roo and Blakers! Hooray!



We continued on through Fantasyland…I just love it at night!



Mickey’s Philharmagic was out next stop. We timed it perfectly and practically walked right to our seats.



I love the posters in here!



My favorite!







Up next? We walked on to It’s a Small World of course! Ben strongly dislikes this one…but I love it and I rode the Teacups for him, right?

We had a boat all to ourselves, which was a nice treat! Here we go, on the happiest cruise that ever sailed!





This was the first time I managed to find my people…the Greeks!



India! I will be there in 9 weeks!!!



I love this guy! On our January trip I bought one of the Small World Vinylmation Jrs hoping to get him and I did! He’s on my work keys along with the Snow White one I got on our honeymoon…they keep me in a Disney mood even while I’m working!



This room is so pretty!



This is how Ben felt about it…HAHA!



There’s that clock that I love but never time right to see it open!



...continued in next post...
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #102
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

...continued from previous post...



Our next ride at Peter Pan with a wait of only 5-10 minutes. If I haven’t mentioned it yet or if you couldn’t tell, late extra magic hours were working out very well for us!



I love Peter Pan’s Flight…it is just so magical to me!

We headed to another favorite, the Haunted Mansion, next. This ride was pretty much deserted as we headed through the line, and we ended up all alone in the interactive queue! We had so much fun!











There is just so much to look at here when you are really able to take your time!



I love it at night way more than during the day…although it is still fun during the day too.



As we headed into the stretching room, we caught up with about 10 other people who had gone through the regular line. As we entered, there was a CM having way too much fun at his job, creeping up behind people and standing very close to scare them. I love when CMs really get into their characters and are able to have fun like that!

After our ride through the Haunted Mansion, we checked the time and saw that it was already 1:45AM! We had a quick team meeting and decided that Splash Mountain HAD to be our last ride of the night, so we started to head that way.

I got into a little trouble on the way…



When we got to Splash, we, of course, walked right on. The CMs were just telling people to go ahead and choose their own seats, so we picked the front of course!

This ride is so cool at night! The views can’t be beat!



We splashed down into the Briar Patch safely and were welcomed with great fanfare!





I love this ride because the little drops inside are great, the story is great, there is so much to look at, you get great views of the park, and it is just plain fun!!

I also love Ben’s face in the ride photo. He says he was doing in on purpose but I’m not so sure!



Sadly, it was 2:05AM when we stepped out of our log, and it was time to make our way out of the park. We took our time, soaking in the atmosphere and the emptiness of the park.





I could photograph the castle all day…and night!







We made our way down Main Street with the rest of the 2:00AM diehards!



Here is my proof of the time! 2:20AM baby!



One last glace back at the castle! I honestly have no idea where these people came from because we barely so anyone during out last hour in the park!



I wasn’t ready to go, so I took my time, snapping photos.





Sadly, it was soon time to make our exit. The ferry was our only choice to get back to the Transportation and Ticket Center at that time of night, so we hopped on. As we made our way there, a CM was out with a pin board, so we stopped and Ben made a trade. That was a nice treat!

We enjoyed our ferry ride and the beautiful views.



I even saw the kiss goodnight from the ferry!!

We took the tram back to our car, and this is what the lot looked like!



Ours was behind the white van…the only two left in the section!

We made the drive back to Port Orleans Riverside, and I think we were asleep before our heads hit the pillow!

What an amazing night this was. We love the Magic Kingdom at all times because it has a different kind of magic. In the morning, there is the excitement of the crowds coming in, all the CMs saying good morning, the music, the smells. At the holidays there are amazing, gorgeous decorations. During the half marathon we got to experience it in a whole different light. And, on this night, we got to experience a whole different kind of magic…the park takes on a different feel when it is open that late, and it was just so cool to feel like we had it to ourselves and to run from ride to ride and jump right on! I only wish we had MORE time! I could have stayed until morning! If you are on the fence about super late Extra Magic Hours, give it a shot!! We LOVED it!

Up next: We do some rolling on the river!!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #103
jc040404
DIS Veteran
 
jc040404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,992

I need to go back and read since I just scanned through so far, but I had to comment on one thing. That last picture is just awesome!! You're so lucky to have stayed so late!

I'll be back to catch up tonight!
jc040404 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #104
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,210

Aww, what a wonderful night! Late night EMH are just about my favorite time to tour WDW. Of course since we had DS, we haven't been able to take full advantage, but I can't wait until both boys are older and we can tear through the parks, late into the morning!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Astro-orbiter terrifying. You are up so high, and it seems like it would be so easy to fall out! I did it once and never again!

Its very sweet that you went on the teacups and Ben went on Small World. Marriage is all about compromise, right!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #105
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran
 
CAStevens218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc040404 View Post
I need to go back and read since I just scanned through so far, but I had to comment on one thing. That last picture is just awesome!! You're so lucky to have stayed so late!

I'll be back to catch up tonight!


That empty parking lot was so cool to see!! I would stay that late again in a heart beat!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Aww, what a wonderful night! Late night EMH are just about my favorite time to tour WDW. Of course since we had DS, we haven't been able to take full advantage, but I can't wait until both boys are older and we can tear through the parks, late into the morning!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Astro-orbiter terrifying. You are up so high, and it seems like it would be so easy to fall out! I did it once and never again!

Its very sweet that you went on the teacups and Ben went on Small World. Marriage is all about compromise, right!
This was our first experience with super late EMHs and we LOVED it! How exciting that you have so much to look forward to with your boys! I'm sure they will have a great time running around the Magic Kingdom at 2:00AM some day!

Ohhh, Astro Orbiter...I was so sure I would fall out with one wrong move!

Yes, the first of many compromises...and a compromise I will never make again...I'd rather ride Small World alone than spin on those teacups again!!!!!!
__________________
~**~**Christin**~**~

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: