Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran
 
MADnNOLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 659

Be Our Guest Restaurant Preview!

This was posted on All Ears this morning. Great Stuff!

Exterior Details:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...nt_exteri.html

Art Work, Table Settings, & FOOD!
http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwil..._specia_1.html
__________________
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney
 
Starclassic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,804

This is great! Thanks for sharing!
__________________

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Thanks for this!

Consider me even MORE excited for our trip in December.
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

Oooooo this is neat! Can't wait to see the magic in person
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
nessz79
DIS Veteran
 
nessz79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 2,823

Can't wait! It sounds like a great experience, not *just* somewhere to dine. Thanks for sharing
__________________
Me DH DS (11) DS (9)
nessz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #6
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,537

OK, now this is the second time I've seen in the articles mentioned above that the dessert IS included in the dinner price. I've mentioned this before, and everyone jumped in saying no, it was NOT included in the price.

Also, all of the restaurant must be included in the lunch seating areas. I had been under the impression that only one part was open for lunch, but seems that is not the case.

This is getting more interesting by the day as new articles come out explaining more and more about the seating and menu.

I'm happy we have our ressies for end of Nov. and also hope to have a lunch while we are there also.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #7
tinkluvr23
Mouseketeer
 
tinkluvr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 100

Oh wow! Love the castle goblet! Everyone else may be excited about the alcohol but sign me up for the True Love punch heh. Thanks for sharing!
tinkluvr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Dalamara
Mouseketeer
 
Dalamara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkluvr23
Oh wow! Love the castle goblet! Everyone else may be excited about the alcohol but sign me up for the True Love punch heh. Thanks for sharing!
I agree!!! That goblet WILL be mine!
__________________
Dalamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

 
parkhopping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 1 hour away from the magic :)
Posts: 1,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamara View Post
I agree!!! That goblet WILL be mine!
Same here! That plus both of the tankards from Gaston's! Am I a sucker or what??

But I am justifying spending the $$$ because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie ever, and I am a cheapskate in the parks the rest of the time, so it evens out!
__________________


MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
Dalamara
Mouseketeer
 
Dalamara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping

Same here! That plus both of the tankards from Gaston's! Am I a sucker or what??

But I am justifying spending the $$$ because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie ever, and I am a cheapskate in the parks the rest of the time, so it evens out!
I plan on getting the one's from Gaston's too lol! They so saw me coming when they made something Beauty and the Beast!
__________________
Dalamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque
 
Princess Serendipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 107

Getting the full set of four souvenir cups as well, haha! THOSE GOBLETS!

Also, I'm so pleased about this one thing:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/1...lery-pictures/

If you look at the first picture there of the Rose Gallery, waaaaay to the left, you can see the edge of one of my very favourite pictures of the Beast! He's wearing a pretty hat!

http://i51.tinypic.com/10ncjdz.jpg

Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 19,116

Here areopinions of the BOG food offerings:

I took part in a menu tasting for BOG.
This is the third eatery preview I was able to attend (Turf Club
and Wave Breakfast buffet being the other two). We sampled
items from both the lunch and dinner offerings. This was done
off-site, of course. The eatery is a 1-QS-credit for lunch and
a 1-TS-credit for dinner, so do not expect "Signature" dining
quality. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to taste all of the
menu items, as they were gone before I got to them. Below is
my opinion of those I did sample.

LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - Béchamel sauce needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially the dijon
. . . grilled steak sandwich - not tasted
. . . braised pork - gone before I got to it
. . . vegetable quiche - sorry, but real men don't sample quiche

DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - unfortunately, the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . rotisserie rock hen - nicely done and highly recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - tasty, but average as far as fish go
. . . grilled strip steak - didn't taste, but others said slightly tough
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only so-so
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - well above average
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Here areopinions of the BOG food offerings:

I took part in a menu tasting for BOG.
This is the third eatery preview I was able to attend (Turf Club
and Wave Breakfast buffet being the other two). We sampled
items from both the lunch and dinner offerings. This was done
off-site, of course. The eatery is a 1-QS-credit for lunch and
a 1-TS-credit for dinner, so do not expect "Signature" dining
quality. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to taste all of the
menu items, as they were gone before I got to them. Below is
my opinion of those I did sample.

LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - Béchamel sauce needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially the dijon
. . . grilled steak sandwich - not tasted
. . . braised pork - gone before I got to it
. . . vegetable quiche - sorry, but real men don't sample quiche

DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - unfortunately, the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . rotisserie rock hen - nicely done and highly recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - tasty, but average as far as fish go
. . . grilled strip steak - didn't taste, but others said slightly tough
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only so-so
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - well above average
Question on the shrimp and scallops...

It says they are served "in puff pastry." Was the puff pastry the main part of the dish, here? Or could you, say, get rid of the pastry and still have a decent meal of shrimp and scallops?
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #14
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia
 
Simba's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Harlingen, TX, USA
Posts: 24,922

Did you try any kids offerings? Some of them look good in pictures.

And did you try any desserts? I'm especially interested in the lemon meringue cupcake. That has the potential to be soo good!
__________________
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
Paisleyjane
Magic Kingdom Fan
 
Paisleyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 390

Got to preview lunch here yesterday. It was delicious, and fun! Since it was a preview, it was not crowded, we got to choose whichever table we wanted, there were seats available in all of the rooms. The Croque Monsieur was delicious, just be careful, the bechamel sauce dripped out when bit into. The potato leek soup and French onion soup were both good, as was the turkey sandwich. It is a fun experience, ordering, selecting your table and putting your "enchanted rose" on your choice of a table. You get your beverage and then your meal is delivered to you. I am not that impressed with the dinner menu, so I don't know that I will do it for dinner in the near future.
__________________
"those who give the magic, get the magic"
Paisleyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: