Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #61
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
Checking-in! Great TR so far Lovin' all the pictures too!

It sounds like you guys were super busy, and you're only just starting day 3! It's fun though
thanks and welcome!!! I had fun on day 3 despite some mishaps you'll hear about soon

Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #62
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OKay so when we last left off I was at GF and there was a bit of time before The My perfectly princess tea Party.Hailey doesn't do well with waiting or sitting or standing or anything in active for long periods of time so she was having a total melt down at this point,but I looked around and she wasn't alone."Breaking news live from the grand floridian lobby mini princesses everywhere are having extreme meltdowns and causing utter chaos"

Here's Hailey and her i'm not looking at you or talking to you pose

I bet if you stood outside you'd hear all the cranky cries.Finally we were introduced to Miss rose petal,and she then introduced one princess at a time to the other guests.

then she would present each princess with a crown from her,pose for a picture and they'd be led with their parent into the tea room

so some families sat with other families,there were alot of tables where it was a mother and daughter sat with 3 other mother-daughter groups but because we were 4 together we got 2 comfy chairs and a love seat,it was nice because we were pretty close to the middle of the room.

that is where each princess found her disney girl doll dressed in Aurora's gown

then we listened to this man play a near by keyboard or organ ,anyways whatever it was he was very good at it.

Hailey danced with her dolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #63
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

then miss rose petal sings to the guests and tells them her story(If you want to know her story I'll tell you ,but I won't put it here incase some want it to stay a surprise)

and as she tells her story she gives the kids instructions on what to do.So she tells the girls to reach into their tea cups and take the napkins to set in their laps to prepare for tea (apple juice) this is when they find that Aurora has left them all a special gift in their cup,a silver charm bracelet.

and they are served (the childrens plate)

and then of course the adults......

Can I just say I was glad I booked a lunch for after this,the bread was dry n hard like it had sat for a few days,there was almost no taste and I don't think it was just me being picky as i looked around the room no one seemed to be eating much except the kids,so my guess is their food was decent.I think the close to 600$ it cost me was more about the experience and the memory.

giving instructions on how to handle their new friends

Old 10-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #64
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

then it was time to take the cake in to the kitchen to be sliced and served

then all the girls gathered in the center to hear a story

while someone makes a sneaky entrance

Aurora leads the girls in a princess parade through the tearoom

then our cake arrives,and I'm happy to say it was edible,my mother liked it more than I did but,I'm a baker so i'm more of a snob when it comes to quality of baked goods.

next Aurora comes to each table for photos and autographs

each child is given a rose and a note

then the tea party ends with a parade through the GF lobby and the girls are led upstairs for a photo pass pic ,and into the gift shop to receive a bestfriend certificate for their doll and a princess scrapbook kit.Hailey named her doll julia and riley named hers Zoey(although the lady for some reason wrote ZOY on the certificate)and I must say Zoey is a much better name than what she wanted to name her baby sister when i was pregnant with her "Pink Star Unicorn" but I decided hailey was a much better fit for her.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #65
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Now why wouldn't you name your second child Pink Star Unicorn? That's lovely! so cute!
Well it looks like the girls had a lovely time at their tea party! I've never seen much about that event before.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #66
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Now why wouldn't you name your second child Pink Star Unicorn? That's lovely! so cute!
Well it looks like the girls had a lovely time at their tea party! I've never seen much about that event before.
lol can you imagine being out in public and yelling at my kid not to climb on something "PINK STAR UNICORN YOU GET DOWN FROM THERE THIS INSTANT!!!!"
and yeah I had never heard or read much about the tea party either thats why I thought I'd go into more detail then" yeah we did the princess tea " It was expensive and the food sucked,but i'm glad I did it for them and now I can honestly say I'd much rather do some of the cheaper events,they're more fun.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #68
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

me too it's cute!!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #69
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

we arrived at epcot and it was almost time for lunch at san angel inn in Mexico,but first we got a few pics.

(the dress I'm wearing in this pic has paisley mickey heads all over it,it's one of the ones I bought at Ak...the one my mom has on is the one that i bought n returned for one in the same style but a different print)

I was a starvin marvin and couldn't wait to eat !!While I wasw there I talked to one of my magic ladies-Jess,omg she is too cute!!!but it was hard to hear so we just texted a bit.I was excited because the next night we'd be meeting.

i asked to be seated by the river

i ordered the enchiladas

Hailey kept waving at the people in the passing boats some waved back some didn't.

My enchiladas were AMAZING!!!!!that's when I decided that from now on it's enchiladas para la vida!!! all I needed was besos y bebidas and it woulda been my kinda night!!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #70
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I've always wanted to eat at San Angel and just never got the chance! It's so beautiful in there, especially by the water! Lucky you guys that you got your request!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #71
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

For my dessert i ordered the chocolate mousse which tasted nothing like chocolate at all that thing is all cinnamon folks

luckily riley liked it and was willing to trade for her churrirtos,they were to die for

I really don't think this place gets the credit it deserves,but i guess people like different things.I can't wait to go back,i don't even like rice but i ate that too.The girls wanted to do the boat ride next so that's where we went.

then we went to colour a duffy

Old 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #72
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Ry wanted to ride maelstrom since she loved it the last time,so grandma n Hailey hung out while me n ry went back back over the falls.......

\

then I went to get school bread and a horn for later( I should've taken a pic right away as they got slightly smushed)

and we had to go to China because my mom was looking for something that she never found( I think it was her mind Oops who said that?)

so cute yet so creepy

Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #73
pattiken
Mouseketeer

Just caught up and joining in. Our kids have same names ..although my Riley is a boy of 15..
Great report so far

me , DH , DS 16 , DD 11

universal studios..hard rock hotel 2012 trip report...http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002065
7 days disney at staying at SSR...ongoing report sep 2012http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008157
Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #74
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I loved it it was so good although i was nervous Duffy might end up going for a swim

Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #75
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiken View Post
Just caught up and joining in. Our kids have same names ..although my Riley is a boy of 15..
Great report so far
WELCOME!!!!!! thats awesome !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: