Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #3526
PolynesianAlex
Alooooooooooohaaaaa

Can someone please explain the whole RFID thing to me? Is this only at Coronado? Does it affect buying with the room key? Do all rooms at Coronado have this? I'm just really confused on what it is

UPCOMING TRIP: Nothing planned
Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #3527
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
Can someone please explain the whole RFID thing to me? Is this only at Coronado? Does it affect buying with the room key? Do all rooms at Coronado have this? I'm just really confused on what it is
From what I understand all the resort rooms will be switching over to the RFID lock system (if they haven't done so already). We were at the BC this past August and their rooms already had the new system. Instead of inserting your Key to the World Card into a slot on your door in order to open it, you now just scan your card and your door opens that way. This doesn't affect any other privileges you might have on your card including charging privileges. We had a few minor "blips" with opening our door at first and two of our cards had to changed but once they did that, we had no other issues.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #3528
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

September 4th

IMGP0465 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #3529
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineVet View Post
We are scheduled to check in on Sunday the 9th. Is the event over on Saturday the 8th or Sunday the 9th? When do you think they will be checking out and leaving? Thanks.
As far as I can tell, the event ends on the 8th, but the package rates go through the 9th. The Disney WWOS website lists November 30-December 8 as the dates, while the Pop Warner sites states December 1-8. I think most people will leave on the 9th, if not earlier, to get back to school.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #3530
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Going for an Adult only trip for the Princess half marathon. Just switched from AoA LM room to the grown up resort of CSR!

It looks fabulous! Any tips for a newbie? We didn't get a preferred room- should we?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 10-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #3531
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianAlex View Post
We got home Sat from 8 days a CSR. The new keys are the best. You barely had to touch the door with the key and it unlocks. Big helps when your hands are full. The card work like it always did for park tickets, fast pass and charging.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #3532
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Here's some info from Buzz about CSR's new club lounge:

Opening January 2013!
Coconino Cove – the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort – will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.
Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:
Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7:00 a.m. – 10 p.m., 7 days a week

Sounds kind of like club level lite, with a smaller price tag. I'm not sure what semi-exclusive means, exactly.
So I just got off the phone with a CM who had NO CLUE about this. He kept telling me that Coconino Cove was the old name for the club level at the Contemporary and didn't know where I was seeing this information. I pointed out to him to go on the website and price out an August vacation (as I did) and he would see the description. He still insisted he had no idea what I was referring to. I gave up after that

Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #3533
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
So I just got off the phone with a CM who had NO CLUE about this. He kept telling me that Coconino Cove was the old name for the club level at the Contemporary and didn't know where I was seeing this information. I pointed out to him to go on the website and price out an August vacation (as I did) and he would see the description. He still insisted he had no idea what I was referring to. I gave up after that
A long time ago there was a Coconino Cove lounge at the Contemporary. http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id224.htm
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #3534
psw
Earning My Ears

Smile at Coronado last week

Our family of 9, age 13 to 64, spent last week at Coronado Springs. We loved it!! Made our reservations thru Disney and did online check in. Annette finished our check in and granted all of our requests. 2 rooms connecting, 2 rooms on the same floor, for a total of 4 rooms, Cabanas 8B.

We used the bus service to the parks and never had a long wait and only stood once.

We had free dining. We ate breakfast buffet every morning and everyone liked to have something different every day. We also ate at Maya Grill one night and liked the Mexican food and margaritas.

Yes, we saw the alligator. As we crossed the bridge to eat on 2 mornings it was floating next to the bridge. out of 8 days we never saw it again. My daughter thought they might have called animal control to come and get it. She used to work at Disney and said animal control was always having to go to different parks and resorts to get the alligators away. Fact of life in Florida.

We took advantage of the dig site, the hot tub, the arcade and the ping pong table. also I washed a load of clothes one evening. $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry. Only needed one cycle to dry. Met lots of nice people.

all of the employees we passed always spoke to us. Marc and Gail, concierges, helped us with questions. our rooms were always cleaned and extra shampoo, gel and towels were left every day after I told the housekeeper that the teenagers were using a bottle a piece.

Would go there again in a heartbeat!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #3535
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Preferred, king and waterview are all booking categories at the same price. Are there king and waterview rooms in Casitas 1-3? So are king and waterview requests you can make if you have a preferred room booked or would they cost extra???

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani

Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #3536
sau418
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
Going for an Adult only trip for the Princess half marathon. Just switched from AoA LM room to the grown up resort of CSR!

It looks fabulous! Any tips for a newbie? We didn't get a preferred room- should we?
I just switched to preferred room for the Princess weekend. My TA who is also a runner suggested it after he stayed there for ten nights this summer. I have never been but totally trust his advice on this.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #3537
serene56
DIS Veteran

psw did you need to use your room key for laundry or did machines take dollar bills
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #3538
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
psw did you need to use your room key for laundry or did machines take dollar bills
I did 2 loads of laundry last week. Washers and dryers only take quarters. There are change machines in the laundry room.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #3539
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Trying to set up Boma breakfast ADR for our departure morning. Any guidelines on how long to budget for traveling to and from AKL? I'm assuming going to AK then to AKL would be the quickest route?? TIA

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #3540
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilouisianagal
Trying to set up Boma breakfast ADR for our departure morning. Any guidelines on how long to budget for traveling to and from AKL? I'm assuming going to AK then to AKL would be the quickest route?? TIA
I would take a cab.. I have friends that stay at Moderates all the time and spend the $10 or so that it costs to travel by taxi, worth the money for piece of mind..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: