Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
maxmouse
A Disneyland Kid who grew into a Disneyworld fan.

Question about parking at Grand Californian

Just wanted to know how the parking works at GCH. Is parking included? Do they Valet? How close is self parking? Can I drop off in front and check in then park? If you know of anything else please let me know. Thank you Dis Peeps.
1997 Shades Of Green
2008 40th Birthday's Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder
2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Magic
2013 Pop Century
maxmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmouse View Post
Just wanted to know how the parking works at GCH. Is parking included? Do they Valet? How close is self parking? Can I drop off in front and check in then park? If you know of anything else please let me know. Thank you Dis Peeps.
Parking is not included in your hotel stay. Self Park is $15/day and valet is either $17 or $20+ ( I forget). I am sorry...I can't answer as to if they let you park in front during check in.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan/parking.htm

Self Parking is $15, Valet is $22.

I don't think you can leave your car there while you check in, but you certainly could drop off your passengers and luggage. The parking lot is across the street.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
marcemc
I wouldn't be able to handle such fluffliness either

They have always let us park in front during check in, we've arrived early morning so I don't know what happens if it is during a busy season or peak hours.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
creampuff
Earning My Ears

Self parking is just across the street from the entrance. It is right next to Paradise Pier, and you just have to cross a crosswalk with a light.

The first time you drive to self parking, it is pretty easy to pass it up. The signs are relatively small.
creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Rob S.
DIS Veteran

Self Parking for DVC members staying on points is FREE. You can park out front while you check in. I was just there last month.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
maxmouse
A Disneyland Kid who grew into a Disneyworld fan.

Thanks for the info. Valet doesn't seem to bad and I like the idea of letting them deal with the car.
1997 Shades Of Green
2008 40th Birthday's Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder
2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Magic
2013 Pop Century
maxmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

They let us park out front for check in, we just told the valet and they directed us to park to the left. That way they can keep the right going with valet cars and drop offs. The self park lot is directly across the street and very easy to get to and yes, there is a crosswalk to get back to the GCH.
Parking is $15 for self park, I don't know what it is for valet, we always self park.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
salemk
Mouseketeer

Valet Parking

Whatever the cost is for Valet, It always says per day. So does that mean you have in/out privileges for the entire day for the one fee or does that mean each and every time you get your car you have to pay another fee?
salemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
sierranevada
DISDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by salemk View Post
Whatever the cost is for Valet, It always says per day. So does that mean you have in/out privileges for the entire day for the one fee or does that mean each and every time you get your car you have to pay another fee?
You have in/out privileges
sierranevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
xenon2000
Earning My Ears

More questions.

Instead of starting my own related thread. Though I can do that if it's desired.

My biggest concern. What happens on the last day of your stay when you are parked at GCH? Obviously there is a check out time for the hotel. But I don't want to stop my trip at check out. I want to do the parks well into the evening and drive home late into the night.

So can I leave my car at self parking after hotel checkout, and drive out later that day? Or will I have to move my car and pay the full price for parking in the huge parking structure?
xenon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
LisaT91403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon2000 View Post
Instead of starting my own related thread. Though I can do that if it's desired.

My biggest concern. What happens on the last day of your stay when you are parked at GCH? Obviously there is a check out time for the hotel. But I don't want to stop my trip at check out. I want to do the parks well into the evening and drive home late into the night.

So can I leave my car at self parking after hotel checkout, and drive out later that day? Or will I have to move my car and pay the full price for parking in the huge parking structure?
You pay per night for parking. So, on your last day, you need to check out...but you don't need to get your car until you are ready to leave the parks for the day. You simply check your luggage with the bellman, and then when you are ready to leave, you go back to the hotel and get your luggage and car. You've already paid for the parking the night before, so there's no additional charge to leave it the whole day while you're in the parks.
LisaT91403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
xenon2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT91403 View Post
You pay per night for parking. So, on your last day, you need to check out...but you don't need to get your car until you are ready to leave the parks for the day. You simply check your luggage with the bellman, and then when you are ready to leave, you go back to the hotel and get your luggage and car. You've already paid for the parking the night before, so there's no additional charge to leave it the whole day while you're in the parks.
AWESOME! That has to be one of the coolest aspects ever! So far most hotels require you to leave upon checkout and then I have had to pay full price at the parking structure for the rest of the day. This is great news! Thanks for the answer.
xenon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: