Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

NO Rooms?? Is this Real or am I Going Crazy?

DH and I were thinking of coming to WDW for the Annual Passholder preview of New Fantasyland on November 10th. I've been searching for a room from the 8th to the 11th and NOTHING. This can't be right, can it? I've searched the DVC website and there are no rooms. I searching on the WDW website under special offers and no rooms. I even searched for rack rate availability and there are NO ROOMS. Am I in some kind of alternate universe right now or is it really possible that every single room on WDW property is filled that weekend? I've searched every single category of resort and nothing comes up at all. I'm shocked to think that every single room in Walt Disney World is full that weekend.

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
jgazda
DIS Veteran

You've got the marathon, end of F&W, the Fantasyland preview and to top it all off Jersey Week. I'm not surprised it is all booked up. Family was looking to join us 2 months ago and couldn't find anything then either. You could hope for a cancellation...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
DH and I were thinking of coming to WDW for the Annual Passholder preview of New Fantasyland on November 10th. I've been searching for a room from the 8th to the 11th and NOTHING. This can't be right, can it? I've searched the DVC website and there are no rooms. I searching on the WDW website under special offers and no rooms. I even searched for rack rate availability and there are NO ROOMS. Am I in some kind of alternate universe right now or is it really possible that every single room on WDW property is filled that weekend? I've searched every single category of resort and nothing comes up at all. I'm shocked to think that every single room in Walt Disney World is full that weekend.
There's been some discussion about that weekend on disboards--I believe people are saying that since it's Veteran's Day weekend, a PGA tournament, and the end of Jersey week the resorts are all booked.
nanhol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Lisann
Mouseketeer

Something is wrong with their online reservation system, because I thought the same thing. But then I decided to call and make the reservation. There was a lot available.

I've stayed at: Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Dolphin.
Lisann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Buffalo2Disney
Should we be HYSTERICAL?

I could be wrong, but isn't there some big conferences going on at this time too?

Buffalo2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
mbzelt
Earning My Ears

I checked, too. I don't think it's just the long weekend. When I looked, it was the entire week of Nov.11-18. I tried each day, rack rate No rooms (except for POP) Weird
mbzelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
xxpinksaltxx
Earning My Ears

CSR has been booked out since April, we had a reservation and ended up cancelling because we couldn't change room preferences. We are booked for the week you mention at POR and we booked many months ago. At that stage there wasn't much left. There is also free dining on, and what seems like every event you could imagine that weekend.
xxpinksaltxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: