Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

How Early for World of Color?

I read the World of Color superthread and it said to arrive 90 minutes early for a very good spot to see WOC. Is this about right for a Wednesday night in October? I've never seen WOC before and I'm willing to wait to get a spot where my children can see, but I don't want to wait longer than necessary.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Whenever we've seen WOC (about a dozen times now), we've scheduled for a 90 minute wait. Even if the crowds in the parks are low, the viewing area for WOC still fills pretty full most nights (at least for the first show or if there is only one show that night). We get dessert or treats to eat while we wait, take turns taking kids to the restroom or to ride Little Mermaid, etc. I'm pretty short, so a front railing spot is essential and I'm willing to wait for it. We've been in the back and DH can see fine from there, but I can't see much except the backs of the people in front of me. So, it isn't really about waiting longer than necessary, but waiting as long as needed to insure a great view of the show. Depending on how tall you and your family are, you may not need to wait as long as we do.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
laura&fam

I'm on the short side and the kids are little so we need a good spot to see anything I think.
Thank you for the information about some of us being able to leave for a bit once we get there. I thought once we were there we would just be stuck for 2 hours. If we can take the kids out to run around or ride something that will make a big difference. Especially since I'm worried about the youngest falling asleep and I'd like him to see it if possible.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
ShaunaM
DIS Veteran

We went last Thursday...

...I am short and have three kids...we have seen WOC twice from here and been thrilled....your are not sandwiched in with the throngs of people down in the viewing area.

We were in the line before the show by 7:30 for the 9:00 show. They
opened the viewing area by 8:00, earlier than what was marked on our fast passes. Head to the bridge, we like just past the second light pillar. Being sure to hold the spot that is right next to the pillar , which gives you some breathing room on the side if it gets crowded. Take the number of spots you will need along the rail. Hold your ground people will try and come late and squish in. We found some little travel blankets to be helpful. It does get chilly standing up there for so long...in February we even had mini gloves. It can be hard to navigate the line to the spots as it is a bit of a mad rush, once they open the line up. We elected one adult and our eleven year old to go ahead to get the spots, the rest of us followed the crowds a little slower as we had a stroller. You have a direct view of the show, no one can stand in front of you, and you won't get wet on the bridge. Have fun it is a great show.
Disneyland , Seaworld & Legoland February 2010
Disneyland February 2011
Disneyland September / October 2012
Disneyland February 2014
ShaunaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
laura&fam

The bridge is in the blue area. Do they give out one ticket color first? We're doing Carsland first thing (not sure how I feel about that yet) so I'm guessing it will be about 1 1/2 hours after park opening before we can get FP for WOC.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
The bridge is in the blue area. Do they give out one ticket color first? We're doing Carsland first thing (not sure how I feel about that yet) so I'm guessing it will be about 1 1/2 hours after park opening before we can get FP for WOC.
They give out Blue FP first, but getting Blue even late morning should not be a problem. I'd just be sure to get FP's sometime after you finish up with Carsland.
Blue32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
ShaunaM
DIS Veteran

Your other option...

Is to send one adult to get the Fastpasses while you do Carsland....blue were gone by late morning last week, when we tried another day we got yellow.
Disneyland February 2011
Disneyland February 2014
Old 10-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
laura&fam

Most of that 1 1/2 hours is just picking up FP's for use later in the day. As I said, not sure about the whole Carsland thing. What we are riding isn't anywhere near the FP machines for WOC. I made a RideMax plan and I'm just not sure that we can cram in picking up another FP before 10:30, but I'll try.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

FYI: WOC FPs don't count like regular FPs, so you can get them with your other FPs, and not have to wait for your allowed time to trip.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
laura&fam

Thanks. I did know the FPs were disconnected but it's just a matter of getting to the machine with our tickets because we're picking up RSR FPs and Screamin FP first off.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
kauaimickey88
Earning My Ears

I would say no later than 90 minutes before showtime. The wait is really worth it. I just watched it for the first time last week and was blown away. Deifniately worth the wait.
kauaimickey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
ShaunaM
DIS Veteran

I am not sure...

Quote:
Thanks. I did know the FPs were disconnected but it's just a matter of getting to the machine with our tickets because we're picking up RSR FPs and Screamin FP first off.
If this is desirable for you , not sure how old your kids are, but we rode screamin a tonne lat week and never once with a fast passes, always with the single rider line. We also noticed that the fast pass line and the single rider line on racers took virtually the same amount of time. Initially we did get fast passes , one parent went while the other took the kids to ride stuff, then we just skipped the fast passes and did single rider exclusively which took away the headache of waiting in line so early for fast passes.
Just a thought....
Disneyland February 2011
Disneyland February 2014
Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

They added a 9:15 showing for tonight, no Fast passes. We got in line at about 8:25, and are one of the first 20ish people.

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #14
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

We got yellow fastpasses about 11:30am today. Lined up near the Golden Zephyr at approximately 7:10pm for an 8:15pm show. We were in the front 'wet zone' fairly close to the center line at the railing. We did get misted some but thought the view was well worth it.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #15
surfmontana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are RSR FPs and Screamin FPs not connected either?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: