Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #76
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Can I buy them at the park during normal park hours?

And thanks for all your help Metro- you are helping this trip be more awsome than I could have done myself. Your insights and fast answers mean more than I can say. May sound cheesey, and maybe I'm just tired right now, but you are making a difference in our trip. Thanks.
Yes...you can buy them during the day at Guest Services. Just make sure you tell them you want the EP for HHN.

You are welcome...I just try to answer questions based on my nine years of HHN experience. I hope you have a great time!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #77
mmr42
Earning My Ears

If going on Thursday 10/11 and doing park and HHN would we still need the express pass to be able to see everything?
mmr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #78
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr42 View Post
If going on Thursday 10/11 and doing park and HHN would we still need the express pass to be able to see everything?
It's hard to tell. Some nights it's really busy when you weren't expecting it to be but other nights are slammed. Thursdays are normally slower but again, there's no way to tell. All I can say is...if you want EPs, then you should go ahead and purchase.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #79
jarrdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been my experience thus far that sundays and thursdays have been pretty busy, due to the cheaper ticket options. The express lines have sometimes been longer those nights than on fri/sat, but it's still better than waiting 60+ mins in standby.
jarrdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #80
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

My 2 cents

We did the S&S on the first Saturday and we were corralled at Finnegans

We were moving fast and were able to do all the houses and Bill and Ted in this order:

Silent Hill
Gothic
Dead End
Walking Dead
Penn and Teller
Alice Cooper
Bill and Ted
House of Horrors

We liked it so much we upgraded our tickets to Rush of Fear and went back the following Friday. Man, S&S is the way to go.

On the Friday, we were only able to do:
Silent Hill
Gothic
20 Penny Circus

I thought it was smart to do the front houses first since these were the ones people coming in when the gates open would hit first. It worked well for us.

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
May 2006 ASMovies/ASMusic/May 2000 -2005 Offsite
Lizboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #81
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Last night (Thursday 10/4), we did S&S with express. We initially did Silent Hill, Gothic, and Dead End without express. Then repeated those houses with express. Did Walking Dead, P&T, Universal Monsters/House Of Horrors, and Alice Cooper with express. By that time, it was just after 10pm. Because of the constant rain, we left. We didn't see B&T, and the only street scare actors we saw were some animal masks (the Skool masks from a few years ago) by the Silent Hill entrance.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #82
mmr42
Earning My Ears

With express can you only use it once at each attraction? And will we be able to see everything at least once? I'm trying to decide between buying the EP or going for the day and use SnS.
mmr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #83
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
With express can you only use it once at each attraction? And will we be able to see everything at least once? I'm trying to decide between buying the EP or going for the day and use SnS.
Correct...once per house and open attraction except Rockit. Why not go for the day and use Express? S & S will let you get into several houses w/o a wait and you could save your Express for later when the lines are long.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #84
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

I would definately get EP if you can. With the construction and 1 less house this year the lines were longer every night we went. We had the ROF pass this year and only missed 2 nights of it.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #85
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

An update from my trip...

I went from October 4-7, attending all four nights. Started every night in the New York Stay and Scream area, and hit the houses in this order:

Silent Hill
Gothic
House of Horrors (cut through Sting Alley and take the sidewalk to Central Park for a shorter walk)
Alice Cooper
Penn and Teller
The Walking Dead
Dead End

Thursday, 10/4: Crowds were light due to the rain and the plan worked perfectly. Had all the houses done by 7:30, and even scored a solo run through Alice Cooper! Longest wait: 10 minutes for Dead End
Friday, 10/5: Again, crowds were light due to the threat of more rain, but it turned out to be a nice night. Plan worked perfectly, all houses done before 8:00. Longest wait: 15 minutes for Dead End
Saturday, 10/6: Much heavier crowds tonight, but the plan still worked well and I even scored another (mostly) solo run through Alice Cooper. Longest wait: 45 minutes (!) for Dead End
Sunday, 10/7: Worst night for crowds, plan didn't work well at all. I managed SH, Gothic, AC, HoH and TWD by 8:15-8:30. Penn and Teller and Dead End were at least 30 minutes each and I was on a tight schedule that night, so I used Express later on P&T and had to skip Dead End entirely. Longest wait: 30 minutes for The Walking Dead

I later found out Sunday was "Hospitality Night" and anyone in the hospitality industry could get tickets at a cheap price. Sunday has always been fairly busy in my experience, but it was never this bad.

It seems Columbus Day weekend is becoming a very popular time to go. If I return next year, I may switch to the second weekend.

I hope this info was helpful to anyone going to the event soon!

October 1995 - WDW (all parks), Sea World, US
October 4-11, 2010 - EPCOT, DHS, US/IOA, HHN XX (first HHN!)
October 5-10, 2011 - US/IOA, HHN XXI
October 3-8, 2012 - US/IOA, HHN XXII
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #86
cbsnyber1
Baxter the zzzzzzz Corgi Wonderdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycaon View Post
An update from my trip...

I later found out Sunday was "Hospitality Night" and anyone in the hospitality industry could get tickets at a cheap price. Sunday has always been fairly busy in my experience, but it was never this bad.

It seems Columbus Day weekend is becoming a very popular time to go. If I return next year, I may switch to the second weekend.

I hope this info was helpful to anyone going to the event soon!
Amen to the Sunday night experience - I too was in that crowd and was amazed how busy it was. I did not know about the hospitality night thing. I thought it might be due to all the rain at previous nights, plus the weather that night was really good, and it was Columbus day Monday so a lot of people have that off - good night to go. I too was hoping for light crowds - didn't happen.

"The problem is not that some set the bar too high and miss it, it's that some set the bar too low and hit it"

cbsnyber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #87
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

for the 4 nghts i attended, the stay and scream holding area at finnegans was packed.
(thursdays crowd wasn't as bad as the other 3 nights for sNs)

on saturday i was turned away after 5:00 due to the fact they were full.
had to go to the mionions holding area.

i think the scream early tickets helped create the larger crowds at S & S.

3 nights i used the express ticket and had time to spare with it.
1 night/friday, i had a private tour so the crowds were not an issue for us.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #88
derekburgan
Mouseketeer

Where is the holding area other than the one by Finnegans? Is there a positive or negative in using that one?
derekburgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #89
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

there is one by the minionions ride and also another at the kid zone area.

the one by the ride, the crowds get deep.
only a certain number of peeps can be across the section and the rest have to be behind ..........
which leads to congestion.

there will be a path in the middle for those that come to that holding sNs area, in order to get behind the people already waiting there.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #90
elovell
Mouseketeer

Which night Thurs, Fri, or Sat. would everyone recommend during hell week? I was originally planning on going Thu. night, but now I'm wondering if teens etc. may be more likely to go then due to cheaper ticket prices making it more crowded. We will purchase EP, but will only go one night Oct. 18-20.
elovell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: