Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome mickeyhugger!! We hope your DH gets the promotion and that you guys are able to cruise with us!!! You will have to keep us updated!!! Hopefully he will find out soon!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #47
gamax7
Earning My Ears

Hi all
My name is Sue and I will be cruising for my first time on this cruise. I will be with my daughter, her daughters aged 5 and 3, my daughter in law and her 3 oldest kids a daughter 12 and two sons aged 9 and 5. This is the first cruise for all of us. We are flying into Galveston the day before and leaving the day after so am interested in info re Galveston area also. Fun to find a group to talk to while planning as we are all sooooo very excited. My daughter has ordered two books on the cruise including the Passporters book.
gamax7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #48
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard Sue!! I bet your family will have a blast on this trip!!

I've added you guys to our roll call (the link to that can be found on post #1 as well as the link to our facebook group which is private)

Where will you all be flying in from?

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
gamax7
Earning My Ears

Thanks I sent a friend request for FB and looked at the group list..so I added more info to my signature.
We are flying out of Milwaukee. It will be the first time flying for the kids also and this is their Christmas present so they do not know as yet that we are going. Tailor the 12 yr old was told last yr that we were looking into it, she did a lot of research and then was told that we just could not afford it this yr. She was very upset and it bothered me so I kept looking and found the trip from Galveston which was affordable to us. We will do "the great reveal" Christmas Eve my son says we will have to scrap her off the ceiling. I am having a very hard time keeping the secret.
We are in staterooms 6047 and 6049

WDW 1986, WDW 1996, WDW 2000, WDW 2005
DCL MAGIC Feb 5 2013, May 2 2014

Last edited by gamax7; 10-06-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: adding info
gamax7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #50
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Aw that will be so fun to surprise them with this!! So glad you were able to find this cruise!! I bet they will be jumping for joy!!! You guys should video record it for sure Thanks for the signature line update, I updated the roll call list also

I'm so excited for all of your kiddo's!!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #51
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post
Welcome mickeyhugger!! We hope your DH gets the promotion and that you guys are able to cruise with us!!! You will have to keep us updated!!! Hopefully he will find out soon!
Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, we're not going to be (99%) able to make it. DH thinks he's going to secure a position he's been wanting, but won't have enough vacation days for this cruise. DD will most likely be going off to college in the fall, and we'll need to use two days to move her. The good news..we're still going out of Galveston on the Wonder, Thanksgiving 2013! I can't let the oppurtunity to drive get past us! I was looking forward to meeting everyone here, but maybe DCL will do so well that (eventually) they'll be semi-permanent here! Then we can possibly regroup.

Hope everyone has a MAGICal cruise!

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #52
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

We're on board!

Hi everyone--

We just booked this cruise tonight! I can't even believe it!

We went on our first Disney cruise just a few months ago on the Dream, for 5 days. We loved it and have planned on booking a 7-nighter on the Fantasy for 2014. (We still hope to do that).

Then I saw the announcement today for the Kids Sail Free for Galveston and we started looking at those cruises, then saw this 4-day cruise and the prices are pretty good! I called DH at work and asked him what he thought of it...and to my surprise he suggested we book it! I'm still in shock!

We live in the Dallas area so we can drive to Galveston. My kids will be 8, 5 and 2. My MIL is also joining us. We have 2 connecting inside cabins on Deck 2.

We'd love to participate in the FE!

Me--Nancy
DH--Brian
MIL--Pat
DS (8)--Nathan
DS (5)--Joshua
DD (2)--Alyssa

My head is spinning. Now we have to figure out what to do in Cozumel!
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #53
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, we're not going to be (99%) able to make it. DH thinks he's going to secure a position he's been wanting, but won't have enough vacation days for this cruise. DD will most likely be going off to college in the fall, and we'll need to use two days to move her. The good news..we're still going out of Galveston on the Wonder, Thanksgiving 2013! I can't let the oppurtunity to drive get past us! I was looking forward to meeting everyone here, but maybe DCL will do so well that (eventually) they'll be semi-permanent here! Then we can possibly regroup.

Hope everyone has a MAGICal cruise!
I hate you won't be on the cruise with us, but I'm sure you will have a blast on your cruise next year!! Getting your daughter settled in college is much more important!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #54
Out to Sea Lee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
Hi everyone--

We went on our first Disney cruise just a few months ago on the Dream, for 5 days. We loved it and have planned on booking a 7-nighter on the Fantasy for 2014. (We still hope to do that).

Then I saw the announcement today for the Kids Sail Free for Galveston and we started looking at those cruises, then saw this 4-day cruise and the prices are pretty good! I called DH at work and asked him what he thought of it...and to my surprise he suggested we book it! I'm still in shock!

We live in the Dallas area so we can drive to Galveston. My kids will be 8, 5 and 2. My MIL is also joining us. We have 2 connecting inside cabins on Deck 2.

Me--Nancy
DH--Brian
MIL--Pat
DS (8)--Nathan
DS (5)--Joshua
DD (2)--Alyssa

Welcome!! It's so great to have you guys aboard!! I've added you to the Facebook group. Feel free to add your DH or MIL if they use Facebook. We are also on deck 2. We have never had an inside room, but I'm looking forward to quiet time with my hubby.

We also are not sure what we are going to do in Cozumel. I'm just excited and cannot believe we have less than 4 months!! Last cruise we booked 17 months in advanced so these months are going to fly by!!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #55
Mekamax
Earning My Ears

Just found this board from Mrs Potato Head - I made it! We will be joining you - hubby and me. We have sailed a few other lines but have not tried Disney and are really looking forward to it!!! I sent a message to be added to the FB page too. We have sailed a bunch out of Galveston over the last 9 years so if I can help with any Galveston questions please ask. We also live about an hour away from there so go down and spend the night a few times a year. Debbie
Mekamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #56
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Hi everyone--

Me--Nancy
DH--Brian
MIL--Pat
DS (8)--Nathan
DS (5)--Joshua
DD (2)--Alyssa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekamax View Post
Just found this board from Mrs Potato Head - I made it! We will be joining you - hubby and me. We have sailed a few other lines but have not tried Disney and are really looking forward to it!!! I sent a message to be added to the FB page too. We have sailed a bunch out of Galveston over the last 9 years so if I can help with any Galveston questions please ask. We also live about an hour away from there so go down and spend the night a few times a year. Debbie
Got the roll call list updated

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #57
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425

Got the roll call list updated
Thanks for getting the roll call and cruise report organized!!!! Time was getting away from me and I can start booking my Palo reservations in a week! I had the wrong date on my calendar 😁 so glad I checked my trip planner. Terry and I will be celebrating our anniversary ( 38 years! ) yikes what was I thinking!!!!! Haha Oh and thanks for the info on scavenger hunts I realized that it was you who gave me link to hidden Mickeys! 😎😎 I've made a scavenger hunt for my Family cruise in Nov and its going to be to funny when the guys see what I have planned for them. Of course it's guys against girls! Wonder who's going to win!!!!!! 💃💃💃
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #58
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus

Thanks for getting the roll call and cruise report organized!!!! Time was getting away from me and I can start booking my Palo reservations in a week! I had the wrong date on my calendar dde01 so glad I checked my trip planner. Terry and I will be celebrating our anniversary ( 38 years! ) yikes what was I thinking!!!!! Haha Oh and thanks for the info on scavenger hunts I realized that it was you who gave me link to hidden Mickeys! dde0edde0e I've made a scavenger hunt for my Family cruise in Nov and its going to be to funny when the guys see what I have planned for them. Of course it's guys against girls! Wonder who's going to win!!!!!! ddc83ddc83ddc83
Oops! It looks like I volunteered you for a trip report. I meant to say cruise meet 🚢 I really need to slow down on the coffee.....
Goofysrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #59
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We just got back of the Magic this past Saturday and booked this cruise while we were onboard. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

It will be DH and myself in one cabin and my 84 year old Mum in another. We too are doing an inside stateroom for the first time, but the price is just too good to pass up! This will be our 5th Disney cruise and our 3rd on the Magic. We just LOVE the Magic, and we were nervous that after being on the Dream and the Fantasy that we wouldn't enjoy being on her so much, but we found it to be totally the opposite - she's still our favorite ship!

Being able to sail out of Galveston is like a dream come true. We left home at 9 am and were checking in by 11:10 am, and coming off the ship this past Saturday was a breeze. You can't beat being home by lunchtime with no flights involved!

We used Galveston Park and Cruise for this past week, but saw on their website that they aren't going to accommodate the passengers for the non-Saturday departure days in 2013. Does anyone have a recommendation of another place that is easy to use?

I'll go over to FB and join at some point, still trying to get work under control and fight the post-cruise blues! Nothing like having another cruise booked to beat that though!

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #60
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer

Welcome aboard! I've added you to our roll call list

We've all discussed Lighthouse Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/ or EZ Cruise Parking http://ezcruiseparking.com/ on our facebook page. Not really sure as to why you should or shouldn't choose one over the other, I think basically it's just a matter of if they have a spot for us

It must be so nice to be home so soon!! That's awesome!

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: