Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #3076
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I can't wait to read Josh's report on the party. I may have read last year's version a few times.
Same! I love his reports. I just wish he'd head out to a party later in the season (like November) so I can gauge the crowd level. I may or may not have spent a few hours last week reading all his blog posts from November through December 2011 trying to pick up bits and pieces of info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybpc View Post
MVMCP blog update and TT updates had us so excited yesterday! DS thinks TT looks like Tron. Anyone else see the resemblance especially since there is one in DL?
Totally Tron! They keep denying it but it's clear. I'm looking forward to riding it (the design part is only meh to me)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #3077
molitva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My DH won't look at pictures of anything!!! He wants to be surprised, especially about the FLE stuff.
DBF is the same way. He's never been to WDW through so he's really enjoying keeping most things a surprise. We have discussed dining options though because I wanted his input. I really want to start emailing him a daily picture of desserts/entrees from the places we're going. That wouldn't spoil anything right?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #3078
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva View Post
Same! I love his reports. I just wish he'd head out to a party later in the season (like November) so I can gauge the crowd level. I may or may not have spent a few hours last week reading all his blog posts from November through December 2011 trying to pick up bits and pieces of info.
True!! A later party would be nice, but I cant wait that long. I just want to see the map and confirmations of which characters are there.

Quote:
Totally Tron! They keep denying it but it's clear. I'm looking forward to riding it (the design part is only meh to me)
I dont get the denial either. They could at least say it was inspired by Tron or something, if they dont want it to be the Tron Test Track. I wish it wasn't a design your own ride. Just let me ride something that you designed for me. Apparently I am a lazy park goer.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #3079
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DBF is the same way. He's never been to WDW through so he's really enjoying keeping most things a surprise. We have discussed dining options though because I wanted his input. I really want to start emailing him a daily picture of desserts/entrees from the places we're going. That wouldn't spoil anything right?
You wouldnt be spoiling any surprises, just showing him his options.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-AoA Suite

Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #3080
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitva

Oohhhhhh who is this Josh? I wanna read
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #3081
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

9 weeks until WDW for me!

This thread is reminding me that I need to get at least one more pair of gym shoes. I have a pair that should be OK, but only having the one pair last year was a mistake. Ha!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 10-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #3082
Maddie's Nana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Josh is on Easy WDW http://www.easywdw.com/

He does crowd calendars, reviews, etc. Good site to check out
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #3083
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrlennyl View Post
9 weeks until WDW for me!

This thread is reminding me that I need to get at least one more pair of gym shoes. I have a pair that should be OK, but only having the one pair last year was a mistake. Ha!
Shopping time!!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #3084
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post

I really like Josh - some think hes too snarky but I love it, and his sense of humor.

Today is my first day back to work since last Monday - and I am greeted by a conference call from 10-3...so guess what I am doing.

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #3085
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie's Nana View Post

I was going to put easywdw instead of Josh, but I like to say Josh. It makes me feel like I know him. LOL

Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #3086
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
I really like Josh - some think hes too snarky but I love it, and his sense of humor.

Today is my first day back to work since last Monday - and I am greeted by a conference call from 10-3...so guess what I am doing.
Are you feeling better? For some reason, I was thinking you would be off for awhile. My 3 hour call was shortned to an hour and a half. The second part is more of a group activity, and they decided it was pointless to have me listening to it on a phone. Yay for me!!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #3087
grrrlennyl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Shopping time!!
Haha! Yup!

June 1990 - Grand Floridian, off-property ~ June 1997 - Dixie Landings: Alligator Bayou ~ September 2005 - Port Orleans - French Quarter ~ December 2011 - All-Star Movies (Toy Story) ~ December 2012 - Art of Animation (Little Mermaid) ~ October 2013 - All-Star Music

8 days, All-Star Movies
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #3088
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof

True!! A later party would be nice, but I cant wait that long. I just want to see the map and confirmations of which characters are there.

I dont get the denial either. They could at least say it was inspired by Tron or something, if they dont want it to be the Tron Test Track. I wish it wasn't a design your own ride. Just let me ride something that you designed for me. Apparently I am a lazy park goer.
I'm excited for new TT, but agree about the "design your own" part - why would I want to do that???

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #3089
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lesson learned--when you get the okay, you don't ask again!! LOL
THIS IS THE TRUTH!! A motto I live by!

Quote:
Hey!! They are really cute shirts. And I might have bought 2 pairs of pajama pants when I bought the WS shirts. They came yesterday and are really cute and soft.
Oh, the truth comes out that you bought MORE that day! hahahah

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2043!
Current TR: Our Visit EVERY Season 12-13!!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
Old 10-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #3090
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Welcome!!!! We will be at CSR on those same dates! Did you book a preferred room? I did, but am still debating changing it to regular.

I didn't book a preferred room because I promised DH that I would be as economical as possible (hard for me to do, especially when planning a trip to Disney) and I figured that money could go toward tickets for MVMCP! But, I admit that I am a little stressed out at the thought of being put in "no man's land" so I may upgrade to a preferred room yet.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: