Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #3541
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Had a scare with DS over the weekend. Everything seems to be fine now, but saturday morning he woke with what appeared to be bug bites all over his tummy and his legs. We treated as such with some anti-itch cream, and went to work cleaning his bedding, mattress, and room to try and find whatever got at him during his sleep.

The next morning, he was covered from head to toe in the same bite-like marks, and his hands, feet, and face were all swollen. Pediatrician was not open, so we took him to the ER, concerned about the possibility that the swelling could spread.
Yikes. I hate going to the ER (too many sick people) but at times like that it's unavoidable. Glad he's doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I hope, I really hope that in a month or so, the point will be moot, because I'll be looking for a new place. I need to get out of this building, and this city for that matter. Yes, I am firm on putting in for manager's position.....see what happens.
At least you got rid of a bunch of stuff that you won't have to move! Good luck with the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Hey all.

I've been a bit busy lately with work, and work after work, and house work, and Skyrim work. So I haven't had too much time to post.

In any case, I don't do this often, but if you guys could send prayers our way, it would be greatly appreciated.

DW and I went in for a check-up on Saturday and everything with the twins was normal, but Soon Ae's blood sugar level was pretty high. She went in again today for some more blood work. I just got off the phone with her and it wasn't any better. So tomorrow (Thursday), she has to go to a normal hospital (we've been going to a women's hospital for all of our check ups) and spend four days there. I don't know any more than that right now, I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes.

Thanks in advance.
You got it, Casey.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #3542
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Hey all.

Had a scare with DS over the weekend.
Wow...I hope everything's ok now. That has to be scary.

Quote:
Beverly.

I hope, I really hope that in a month or so, the point will be moot, because I'll be looking for a new place. I need to get out of this building, and this city for that matter. Yes, I am firm on putting in for manager's position.....see what happens.

Thanks for the latest venting. After tomorrow I might starrt feeling better as it is put behind me and I move forward.
Good luck, Brent. I hope you do get a change. Sounds like it's needed.

Quote:
In any case, I don't do this often, but if you guys could send prayers our way, it would be greatly appreciated.

DW and I went in for a check-up on Saturday and everything with the twins was normal, but Soon Ae's blood sugar level was pretty high. She went in again today for some more blood work. I just got off the phone with her and it wasn't any better. So tomorrow (Thursday), she has to go to a normal hospital (we've been going to a women's hospital for all of our check ups) and spend four days there. I don't know any more than that right now, I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes.

Thanks in advance.
Will do, Casey. As others have said, it sounds like gestational diabetes, which isn't too big of a deal. My wife went through that as well. Hopefully everything is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
But I get to head out on an adventure this Friday,
So I got that going for me… which is nice.
Where to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
I’d be happy for a couple of percentage points. I make less then half of what they will now be “saving” (and I know this to be so because I’m the one that consolidates and loads the budget figures each year )
Sorry the peanut butter at work continues. One of these days we'll find employers who sit back every so often and ask, "How can I make my workers' jobs easier?"

Ok, sorry, I couldn't get through that with a straight face.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3543
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
At least you got rid of a bunch of stuff that you won't have to move! Good luck with the job!
I can garantee if we move, a lot more'll go too. There are 3 closets that need attention. A move'll bring up new logistical nightmares, as I'd get like two weeks notice tops.
Also this would likely wipe out the August trip, at best postponing it to October. But I also need to realize I may not even get it. Although I have some seniority now, it is open to the whole province.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #3544
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sorry the peanut butter at work continues. One of these days we'll find employers who sit back every so often and ask, "How can I make my workers' jobs easier?"

Ok, sorry, I couldn't get through that with a straight face.
It's a double-edged sword. Ours is going ALL out to reduce the strain of lifting cases day after day (going to plastic bottles, lighter cases, re-designing things for ergonomics/less bending/lift strain), likely so thet can justify the increased workload when they slash the budgets.
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #3545
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Mornin' guys....I take a day off yesterday and you guys run up 8 pages!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #3546
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Mornin' guys....I take a day off yesterday and you guys run up 8 pages!
Yup, just like back in the good old days when we'd burn up and entire thread in a week and a half.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #3547
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning guys.

Quote:
Hey all.

Had a scare with DS over the weekend. Everything seems to be fine now, but saturday morning he woke with what appeared to be bug bites all over his tummy and his legs. We treated as such with some anti-itch cream, and went to work cleaning his bedding, mattress, and room to try and find whatever got at him during his sleep.

The next morning, he was covered from head to toe in the same bite-like marks, and his hands, feet, and face were all swollen. Pediatrician was not open, so we took him to the ER, concerned about the possibility that the swelling could spread.

At the ER, we're told it's most likely an allergic reaction to Augmentin, the antibiotic he was on for an ear infection. There's no way to be sure that this is the cause, but we've stopped giving it to him and the reaction seems to be lessening in severity over the last couple of days.

It's just so frustrating to not be able to do more to help him deal with the pain and discomfort he is going through. Hopefully he is feeling better sooner rather than later.

In other news, work is good, and DW and DD are doing okay. Halloween approaches, and I've yet to get the decorations out. Maybe this upcoming weekend??
Scary stuff, hope he gets better asap.

Quote:
Hey all.

I've been a bit busy lately with work, and work after work, and house work, and Skyrim work. So I haven't had too much time to post.

Thanks in advance.
Will be praying for your fam Casey. Hope Soon Ae gets better quickly.

Quote:
Yup, just like back in the good old days when we'd burn up and entire thread in a week and a half.
Ahh.. The good old days...
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #3548
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Hey all.

Poor kid. I hope stopping the meds does the trick.

Quote:
Beverly.

Well...tomorrow is the day of the alledged pest-controll visit, and I've busted my butt over the past 5 days to get ready....and fell short
\What kind of pests are they trying to get rid of? Has Barry been hanging around your building again?

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I think our group of DisDad Doctor's have already diagnosed your wife's problem. Hopefully it is nothing more than that. Sending prayers!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #3549
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Good morning guys. I hope everyone is well. Did you guys see the article regarding the RFID bracelets Disney is going to? A co-worker saw some people wearing them last week when he was there.

Sorry for the huge picture.

This is the FCC report.. with letters from Disney

And some technical info about the bracelet itself....

Compliance with 47 CFR 15.247(i)
“Systems operating under the provisions of this section shall be operated in a manner that ensures that the public is not exposed to radio frequency energy levels in excess of the Commission's guidelines. See § 1.1307(b)(1) of this chapter.”
The EUT is a wrist-worn arm band operating in the 2.4 GHz band. It can be considered a portable transmitter per 47 CFR 2.1093 because it can be used within 20cm of the user’s torso. The antenna is internal to the unit and permanently attached. The antenna is a an inverted F antenna with 0 dBi of gain. The maximum peak conducted output power is 0.687 mW.
The maximum peak radiated power is 0.687 mW eirp for FCC ID: Q3E-MB-R1G1. The transmit frequency is 2401 to 2476MHz, therefore the EUT does not require routine SAR evaluation because it falls below the low power threshold of 60/f(GHz)mW. Please see this excerpt from KDB 447498 D01 Mobile Portable RF Exposure v04, item 2)(a)(i):
"a device may be used in portable exposure conditions with no restrictions on host platforms when either the source-based time-averaged output power is <=60/f(GHz)mW or all measured 1-g SAR are <0.4W.kg."
The applicant’s wireless radio, FCC ID: Q3E-MB-R1G1, is compliant with the requirements of FCC 15.247(i).

Last edited by that's nice; 10-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #3550
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #3551
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

This is the FCC report.. with letters from Disney

And some technical info about the bracelet itself....

Compliance with 47 CFR 15.247(i)
“Systems operating under the provisions of this section shall be operated in a manner that ensures that the public is not exposed to radio frequency energy levels in excess of the Commission's guidelines. See § 1.1307(b)(1) of this chapter.”
The EUT is a wrist-worn arm band operating in the 2.4 GHz band. It can be considered a portable transmitter per 47 CFR 2.1093 because it can be used within 20cm of the user’s torso. The antenna is internal to the unit and permanently attached. The antenna is a an inverted F antenna with 0 dBi of gain. The maximum peak conducted output power is 0.687 mW.
The maximum peak radiated power is 0.687 mW eirp for FCC ID: Q3E-MB-R1G1. The transmit frequency is 2401 to 2476MHz, therefore the EUT does not require routine SAR evaluation because it falls below the low power threshold of 60/f(GHz)mW. Please see this excerpt from KDB 447498 D01 Mobile Portable RF Exposure v04, item 2)(a)(i):
"a device may be used in portable exposure conditions with no restrictions on host platforms when either the source-based time-averaged output power is <=60/f(GHz)mW or all measured 1-g SAR are <0.4W.kg."
The applicant’s wireless radio, FCC ID: Q3E-MB-R1G1, is compliant with the requirements of FCC 15.247(i).
Thanks for posting the specs Tim!

Go Yankees

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #3552
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Wow these must just be getting out we heard about them but haven't seen them here yet. Maybe something on a trial run. I hear you can get park access, purchases, room access with them everything similar to the Features some cars have where all you have to do is have the key on you and you can open the door or push a button to start the car.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #3553
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey all.

Thanks in advance.
Prayers and best wishes for Soon Ae and the whole family. And a little pixie dust coming your way.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #3554
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Wow these must just be getting out we heard about them but haven't seen them here yet. Maybe something on a trial run. I hear you can get park access, purchases, room access with them everything similar to the Features some cars have where all you have to do is have the key on you and you can open the door or push a button to start the car.
Hey Venom. Any pics of the HM from the parties? My DD would love a flashback since we are not going this year.

Reminds me, she's 10 now....time to change the signature.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #3555
that's nice
DDC #330

Here is a picture of a door at CSR that has been fitted with RFID.

Borrowed from the CSR thread...
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: