DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #1921
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

I purposely only take 2 vacations per year so I won't get saturated with Disney, but I can't wait to set foot in our beloved Lodge. 53 days to go, but who's counting?

I think that I'd like to go during the following months.
March, May, September, October, November, December

Umm, that's 6 vacations per year. Anybody doing this sort of thing? It's probably not spread out enough, but I don't want to go when it's too cold and I don't want to go during the summer.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #1922
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I'm one of the silent lurker members, but I want to say (probably not the first time) how much I love how close you guys are.

I also want to say: I need more points! Southwest had a 40% coupon today. Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #1923
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I purposely only take 2 vacations per year so I won't get saturated with Disney, but I can't wait to set foot in our beloved Lodge. 53 days to go, but who's counting?

I think that I'd like to go during the following months.
March, May, September, October, November, December

Umm, that's 6 vacations per year. Anybody doing this sort of thing? It's probably not spread out enough, but I don't want to go when it's too cold and I don't want to go during the summer.
Hey fellow groupies - is it OK to hate on this thread.

Due to a number of reasons - some beyond my contol, my last vacation was to the VWL in June of 2007. Yes you read that correctly. (Well, my wife and I did steal away for a couple of days at Cedar Point two years ago.) So if some of my posts about my upcoming trip sound border line gitty, well, it's because I am gitty. And I'm OK with that. But two vacations per year? Wow - go for the six. Trust me, if I could, I would. Can one ever get oversaturated with Disney? I would like to try and find out.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #1924
twokats
DIS Veteran

Well if we are considering a year to be the last twelve months then I have been lucky enough to vacation three times. True the one last December was not at the lodge but we did visit three times for groupie meets and dining. Then May and September were actually to the lodge. That was a grand total of 27 days at WDW. While I did not feel saturated I was at the point where I did not feel like I had to do everything and if we wanted to chill and enjoy our balcony and listen to the sounds we did. I know this was a one time happening which will not be repeated in a very long time. But I would like to do it again, especially if there is another cruise in it like there was in May!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #1925
disney_bob
Mouseketeer

Can I love the lodge but hate the villas?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #1926
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Where the ducks walk on the backs of fish. Not Disney World, but a tourist attraction none the less.
Have you seen the carp? They are the ugliest things I have ever seen! So disgusting...so fascinating.
Love your new Moosie - so handsome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Its what makes USA so great, a mixed bag of cultures that work towards a common goal, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...BTW, does anyone happen to hear The Voices of Liberty warming up, cause I do(in my head anyway)
Actually I had the Candlelight Processional playing while I worked today. I'm gearing up for Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Have a great time and yup, we tend to go early December.

Look who has her Moosie Siggy back!

Speaking of Moosie siggies, I notice we have a couple of new Groupies who have no Moose!!!!!!

Oh, and I also have PM back! Double secret probation is mostly done! ......
Yea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
I'm one of the silent lurker members, but I want to say (probably not the first time) how much I love how close you guys are.

I also want to say: I need more points! Southwest had a 40% coupon today. Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!
WELCOME! Always room for another Groupie!
Our AirTran flights were down to $75.00 each way this morning. I now have enough credit in my account for one of our flights for next years F&W!
But $163.00 from California is exceptional!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #1927
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
WELCOME! Always room for another Groupie!
Our AirTran flights were down to $75.00 each way this morning. I now have enough credit in my account for one of our flights for next years F&W!
But $163.00 from California is exceptional!
I KNOW!!! Ugh!! Out of points!! Oh well, hopefully another sale in 2013 for the same time frame (that's my next trip....)
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #1928
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_bob View Post
Can I love the lodge but hate the villas?
I have to say, this is a 1st. I think the general consensus here is that we love all things Lodge here. I can say with all sincerity that I am not particularly fond of the rooms at the Lodge but love the villa rooms. That said, I dont hate the Lodge side rooms. I love all that encompasses the WL and VWL and really consider it to be all as one.

If we can all agree to disagree and leave it at that then I think you will fit right in, so...

Welcome to the groupies disney_bob!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1929
rfassett
Mouseketeer

DiznyDi, I grew up visiting those carp every couple of years. I believe you and I are nearly neighbors. Or at least me and your DD. I was born and raised in Ashtabula but am now 15 to 20 miles south of the causeway.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1930
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

My WDW and Fantasy cruise have come to an end.....thank you so much for the happy trip/bon voyage wishes from Disney Loving Iowan, Granny and Dizny Di and others (stopher on FB) ! Thanks for thinking of me....had a wonderful time and some much needed R&R

To eliza .....I have been on vacation for 14 days and just catching up now. My heart is heavy with the news of your husband's passing. I am sending my warmest thoughts of comfort and prayers to you and your entire family. As others have said, I feel like I know you after so many years here in our thread. I'm sending you a hug and I hope you can feel it tonight.

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 10-09-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #1931
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
But my motto is, never give up, never surrender.
Have you found the Beryllium Sphere in your galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
Could have flown to our lodge for $163 RT from California!! WHAT!!!
Yet, we live a mere 600 miles from the World, less than a 2-hour drive to Charlotte, and the cheapest airfare we can find is $296. No wonder airlines go bankrupt.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #1932
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Lol Sleepydog, Great, Great movie!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #1933
Kathymford

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Have you found the Beryllium Sphere in your galaxy?

Yet, we live a mere 600 miles from the World, less than a 2-hour drive to Charlotte, and the cheapest airfare we can find is $296. No wonder airlines go bankrupt.
Well, it was a special and only with a code....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #1934
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
My WDW and Fantasy cruise have come to an end.....thank you so much for the happy trip/bon voyage wishes from Disney Loving Iowan, Granny and Dizny Di and others (stopher on FB) ! Thanks for thinking of me....had a wonderful time and some much needed R&R
Welcome back, Maria! Glad you had a great time and was able to get re-charged!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:03 AM   #1935
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Well, it was a special and only with a code....
Oh, I got that, but one would think a relatively short hop from one mid-major airport to another wouldn't cost more than a flight from one coast to another. For comparison, there are flights from Charlotte to NYC on JetBlue for as low as $69. That high cost to MCO is why we almost always drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett
Lol Sleepydog, Great, Great movie!
I agree! Sam Rockwell shines, and I've long been an Alan Rickman fan--love his put upon demeanor in this flick.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: