Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

home .... a few comments

So arrived back this morning and what a welcome ........ shocking weather and traffic jams on the M25

Anyway a few "highs" and "lows"

Highs
Being "home" after a 2 year wait
Although the weather was hot and humid and there were several humdinger thunder storms it never actually effected any of our plans
Finally getting to ride Toy Story Mania ...... what a fantastic ride totally enjoyed it
We all thought the revamped Star Tours was a definite winner .... loved having a different story each time we rode it
The MNSSHP ....... well what can I say but IT WAS BRILLIANT .... character interaction was great, parade was wonderful and as for Hallowishes well we watched it from outside Mickey's Philamagic and we were totally surrounded by fireworks, the entire crowd was speechless, overawed, and then screaming and cheering like crazy people it was just soooooo good
The dining plan ..... so much wonderful free food .... what else is there to say
My lovely Yacht Club ..... I just love this hotel

Lows
The Food and Wine festival ...... the crowds were unimaginable We've been there at Easter, Christmas and New Year so we are totally used to doing WDW at busy times but this was something completely different. You literally couldn't move around World Showcase and on Friday and Saturday nights it was like being in a busy UK high street after closing time. There were an awful lot of drunk people both young and old and the language and behavior left an awful lot to be desired We wont be going back during that time again
Only being there for 9 nights ..... really want to try and do a longer stay next time but that wont be till 2014 at the earliest

I will try and get some photos up or at least a link to our photopass stuff when I get organised and if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer whatever I can
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

welcome back
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
kitcat1
Mouseketeer

Wow, that went SOO fast! Anyway, I thought you were going to wait for us to arrive

Glad you had a good time and that thankfully the weather was good. Don't forget to post your pics....

Cath
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Disneynutinlondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcat1 View Post
Wow, that went SOO fast! Anyway, I thought you were going to wait for us to arrive
Hi Cath .... couldn't agree more it went WAY TOOOOOO FAST I really want to do a longer trip next time ........ tried to convince Mickey to let us stay on tried explaining that we had to met up with you but he just wasn't having any of it .... something about a large cheese payment that we just couldn't agree on

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcat1 View Post
Don't forget to post your pics....
He's one that will make you laugh http://headsonbodies.amazingpictures...x?pid=32255109

Paul (DH) is actually the little girl and DS1 is the man
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Welcome back Isobel

Wow, that's true - it really did go fast! I thought our trip went quickly and that was 18 nights so I cant imagine how quickly 9 days must have flown by!

I suspect the F&W crowds were largely due to the coinciding of Epcot's 30th anniversary and the celebrations surrounding it. I'm really sorry we missed it but that said, the last 2 years when we were there for it, we did avoid weekends and tried to do it in the mornings as that definitely helped avoid both crowds and intoxicated folk to a large extent. If you do get another opportunity to do it, I would urge you to try it again as it really is wonderful and easier to plan accordingly once you know what you want to try avoid

Can't wait to see some photos! Are you going to be brave and join me in a TR this year
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon View Post
Hi Cath .... couldn't agree more it went WAY TOOOOOO FAST I really want to do a longer trip next time ........ tried to convince Mickey to let us stay on tried explaining that we had to met up with you but he just wasn't having any of it .... something about a large cheese payment that we just couldn't agree on

He's one that will make you laugh http://headsonbodies.amazingpictures...x?pid=32255109

Paul (DH) is actually the little girl and DS1 is the man
Love it! Where did you get it done? That is just brilliant!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Disneynutinlondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Love it! Where did you get it done? That is just brilliant!!!
We had it done in the kodak photo place which is just below the Captain EO ride I think its the exit shop for the Figment ride. They do lots of special effect photoshop type pictures we have one done visit and this just seemed appropriate for the time of year
Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
2Tiggies

Quote:
We had it done in the kodak photo place which is just below the Captain EO ride I think its the exit shop for the Figment ride. They do lots of special effect photoshop type pictures we have one done visit and this just seemed appropriate for the time of year
I wondered if that's where it was. We look at that every year (DD and I love the Figment ride so we use that exit a lot). I have never seen any 'real life' people's photos. The ones they show on the walls as examples are great, but it always feels more effective when you recognize the faces in the pics (even if only barely )
Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Welcome home.
Our next trip is only 10 nights, I know it will fly by.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Welcome home It sounds like you had a great time. Love the picture!

We went one year in Oct for the F&W Festival and it's the only time that I've seen drunk people at disney. One couple were having a domestic in the middle of WS! However last year we went at the beginning of Nov so caught the tail end of F&W but it was a lot quieter than it had been in Oct.

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #11
kitcat1
Mouseketeer

That picture is so good especially the little "girl". Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Cath
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So arrived back this morning and what a welcome ........ shocking weather and traffic jams on the M25

Anyway a few "highs" and "lows"

Highs
Being "home" after a 2 year wait
Although the weather was hot and humid and there were several humdinger thunder storms it never actually effected any of our plans
Finally getting to ride Toy Story Mania ...... what a fantastic ride totally enjoyed it
We all thought the revamped Star Tours was a definite winner .... loved having a different story each time we rode it
The MNSSHP ....... well what can I say but IT WAS BRILLIANT .... character interaction was great, parade was wonderful and as for Hallowishes well we watched it from outside Mickey's Philamagic and we were totally surrounded by fireworks, the entire crowd was speechless, overawed, and then screaming and cheering like crazy people it was just soooooo good
The dining plan ..... so much wonderful free food .... what else is there to say
My lovely Yacht Club ..... I just love this hotel

Lows
The Food and Wine festival ...... the crowds were unimaginable We've been there at Easter, Christmas and New Year so we are totally used to doing WDW at busy times but this was something completely different. You literally couldn't move around World Showcase and on Friday and Saturday nights it was like being in a busy UK high street after closing time. There were an awful lot of drunk people both young and old and the language and behavior left an awful lot to be desired We wont be going back during that time again
Only being there for 9 nights ..... really want to try and do a longer stay next time but that wont be till 2014 at the earliest

I will try and get some photos up or at least a link to our photopass stuff when I get organised and if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer whatever I can

Glad you had such a great time

Totally agree with you about the drunk people at Food and Wine We only experienced that on the opening day of F & W, we went quite late in the afternoon and there were a lot of young people drinking and shouting and messing about. The second time we visited it wasn't as bad.

Also agree with you about MNSSHP, it is AMAZING!!!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
PJB71
DIS Veteran

OMG Isabel I can't believe your home already

Glad to hear you had mostly highs

Can't wait for the TR, please, please please
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

welcome back!!!!!

glad to hear you had a lovely time!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #15
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Welcome back! I'm so excited about MNSSHP.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: