Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #3526
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Brian, at all gift shops. Phone cases for

Samsung infuse.
HTC evo.
HTC droid.
Thanks for keeping your eyes out for 'em...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #3527
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i told you to bring it down to me i could most likely fix for you..... cheep.
i didnt think they had refrigerators in canada, how do you get them through the door????
We install them in the supper... and bring it through the roof... then we ice it over for the next 9 months...

Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #3528
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Well, it's Tuesday morning and I'm still trying to recover from the weekend. And no, Andy, the Packers blowing a 21-3 lead wasn't the worst part. (But it was a nice little salt in the wound)

I had planned to take the van into the shop on Saturday morning because it was leaking coolant from a place that I didn't want to try to have to reach to fix by myself. Turns out that problem was a small hole in the radiator. The bigger problem was badly corroded coolant lines that supply heat to the back of the passenger compartment. The shop told me that Mazda issued a recall on this for states that put salt on the roads in the winter (Hello Wisconsin!). We bought it used, and I'm sure Mazda sent a post card to the original owner who promptly threw it away. The kicker is that, that recall expired in 2010 and we were on the hook for $900 for some dealer-only parts to get it fixed. Has anyone ever heard of recalls expiring?

The bigger issue was when we woke up on Saturday the house was cold, and the furnace was blowing cold air. I couldn't get it running, so I called a service guy. We knew when we bought this house 10 years ago that we were on borrowed time with that furnace, and it chose this weekend to kick the bucket. $3200 for a new one.

Then, to top it all off, our mainframe system at work decided to freak out Sunday night and lose connection to half of it's disks. So I had to deal with all of that mess Sunday evening and all day yesterday.

I could really use a Dole Whip about now.

Bright Side - I was able to use that 40% at Southwest to book some sweet airfare for the DDC!
Even though you are my nemesis, I must say that was a peanut buttery weekend for you.

Don't forget when you buy that Dole Whip you owe me one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Update on the van - it wasn't actually a recall. It showed up in the shop's computer as a recall, but it was actually a 7 year warranty extension. So even if this problem would have happened while it was still in the extension period, it may not have been covered since I'm not the original owner. Whatever. It's done, and the cooling system is working again. Which is good, because when those afterburners kick in, it starts getting pretty hot.
That is a crock of garbage. They knew there was an issue but they get out of it by doing that warranty crud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Hello Commish.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #3529
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Sorry to hear about the repair work. You and Tim have any money on your marathon race? If you think you can win it, now may be the time to get some coin on it.
Bambi won't let him bet with me anymore.

Maybe we can get you guys to place some bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i told you to bring it down to me i could most likely fix for you..... cheep.
i didnt think they had refrigerators in canada, how do you get them through the door????
Dave! You are on a roll! Welcome back!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #3530
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Hey all.

Had a scare with DS over the weekend. Everything seems to be fine now, but saturday morning he woke with what appeared to be bug bites all over his tummy and his legs. We treated as such with some anti-itch cream, and went to work cleaning his bedding, mattress, and room to try and find whatever got at him during his sleep.

The next morning, he was covered from head to toe in the same bite-like marks, and his hands, feet, and face were all swollen. Pediatrician was not open, so we took him to the ER, concerned about the possibility that the swelling could spread.

At the ER, we're told it's most likely an allergic reaction to Augmentin, the antibiotic he was on for an ear infection. There's no way to be sure that this is the cause, but we've stopped giving it to him and the reaction seems to be lessening in severity over the last couple of days.

It's just so frustrating to not be able to do more to help him deal with the pain and discomfort he is going through. Hopefully he is feeling better sooner rather than later.

In other news, work is good, and DW and DD are doing okay. Halloween approaches, and I've yet to get the decorations out. Maybe this upcoming weekend??

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #3531
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Beverly.

Well...tomorrow is the day of the alledged pest-controll visit, and I've busted my butt over the past 5 days to get ready....and fell short

Basicly got it all done, and went to do the kitchen, they basicly wanted it emptied right out. Ummm...as I got into it I realized there is NO WAY to do that. I'd have needed the 5 days to figure where the hell to put everything. I gave up a couple of hours ago and put things back where they belong, with the sole exception of the cutlery drawer, too noisy a job. Still got rid of a ton of stuff, old glasses, mugs etc, mostly stuff we've never used in the past 12 years now. Found McDonalds etc Branded Mickey and Disney Movie glasses in the "cupboard of unaccessabilty" in perfect shape.

Still got this "I failed" feeling about me, I stressed and sacrificed all weekend, for nothing, other then got this place the purge and cleaning it's needed for a year now. Been ill half of it and got little sleep. My best wasn't quite good enough.

On the other hand, the place is in beautiful shape now, but not really sure how much good the pest contoll will be, most of our neighbors are refusing service, so what will it accomplish? See what they do, I never handed in the permission form.

I hope, I really hope that in a month or so, the point will be moot, because I'll be looking for a new place. I need to get out of this building, and this city for that matter. Yes, I am firm on putting in for manager's position.....see what happens.

Thanks for the latest venting. After tomorrow I might starrt feeling better as it is put behind me and I move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Hey all.

Had a scare with DS over the weekend. Everything seems to be fine now, but saturday morning he woke with what appeared to be bug bites all over his tummy and his legs. We treated as such with some anti-itch cream, and went to work cleaning his bedding, mattress, and room to try and find whatever got at him during his sleep.

The next morning, he was covered from head to toe in the same bite-like marks, and his hands, feet, and face were all swollen. Pediatrician was not open, so we took him to the ER, concerned about the possibility that the swelling could spread.

At the ER, we're told it's most likely an allergic reaction to Augmentin, the antibiotic he was on for an ear infection. There's no way to be sure that this is the cause, but we've stopped giving it to him and the reaction seems to be lessening in severity over the last couple of days.

It's just so frustrating to not be able to do more to help him deal with the pain and discomfort he is going through. Hopefully he is feeling better sooner rather than later.

In other news, work is good, and DW and DD are doing okay. Halloween approaches, and I've yet to get the decorations out. Maybe this upcoming weekend??
Yikes! Hopefully the little guy will be okay....what a frustrating time not knowing what will do more harm then good. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #3532
katoot
DDC
And OWNAGE
I'm up for revealing on both

Hey all.

I've been a bit busy lately with work, and work after work, and house work, and Skyrim work. So I haven't had too much time to post.

In any case, I don't do this often, but if you guys could send prayers our way, it would be greatly appreciated.

DW and I went in for a check-up on Saturday and everything with the twins was normal, but Soon Ae's blood sugar level was pretty high. She went in again today for some more blood work. I just got off the phone with her and it wasn't any better. So tomorrow (Thursday), she has to go to a normal hospital (we've been going to a women's hospital for all of our check ups) and spend four days there. I don't know any more than that right now, I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes.

Thanks in advance.

DIS Dad Member #598
(me) (DW) (DS) (DS)
Runs:
04/07/12 Gyeongju Cherry Blossom 10k (first ever run): 59:11
06/10/12 Pohang Marathon 10k: 1:01:37

Past visits:
WDW: March 1987 & 1988
Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea: March 2006
WDW/Unversal: January 2011

A Magical Journey...Bookended by Some Airport Troubles
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #3533
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoot View Post
Hey all.

I've been a bit busy lately with work, and work after work, and house work, and Skyrim work. So I haven't had too much time to post.

In any case, I don't do this often, but if you guys could send prayers our way, it would be greatly appreciated.

DW and I went in for a check-up on Saturday and everything with the twins was normal, but Soon Ae's blood sugar level was pretty high. She went in again today for some more blood work. I just got off the phone with her and it wasn't any better. So tomorrow (Thursday), she has to go to a normal hospital (we've been going to a women's hospital for all of our check ups) and spend four days there. I don't know any more than that right now, I was only on the phone with her for a couple minutes.

Thanks in advance.
Prayers for you and your wife

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #3534
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning guys. I hope everyone is well. Did you guys see the article regarding the RFID bracelets Disney is going to? A co-worker saw some people wearing them last week when he was there.

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #3535
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Morning... came....awfully....fast....

Quote:
Hey all.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like gestational diabetes, DW had it with both kids. She'll likely have to monitor and take insulin during the pregnancy. Prayers to you both..

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 10-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #3536
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Quote:
Hey all.

Thanks in advance.
You got it Casey!
If it makes you feel better, it may be as simple as Gestational Diabetes, which is somewhat common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Good morning guys. I hope everyone is well. Did you guys see the article regarding the RFID bracelets Disney is going to? A co-worker saw some people wearing them last week when he was there.
Morning David! And no I didnt see the article on the RFID bracelets. I will see if I can find a link.

Morning guys! Half way thru the week. Swimming upstream thru the peanut butter, lots of stupid things that need corrected. Mostly because people only half way do what their responsibilities are.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #3537
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
Hey all.

Now that doesn't sound good at all...

Hopefully he feels better soon.

Sounds more like an allergic reaction to me, then bug bites... maybe hives?

Member #561
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #3538
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Beverly.

Well...tomorrow is the day of the alledged pest-controll visit, and I've busted my butt over the past 5 days to get ready....and fell short

Basicly got it all done, and went to do the kitchen, they basicly wanted it emptied right out. Ummm...as I got into it I realized there is NO WAY to do that. I'd have needed the 5 days to figure where the hell to put everything. I gave up a couple of hours ago and put things back where they belong, with the sole exception of the cutlery drawer, too noisy a job. Still got rid of a ton of stuff, old glasses, mugs etc, mostly stuff we've never used in the past 12 years now. Found McDonalds etc Branded Mickey and Disney Movie glasses in the "cupboard of unaccessabilty" in perfect shape.

Still got this "I failed" feeling about me, I stressed and sacrificed all weekend, for nothing, other then got this place the purge and cleaning it's needed for a year now. Been ill half of it and got little sleep. My best wasn't quite good enough.

On the other hand, the place is in beautiful shape now, but not really sure how much good the pest contoll will be, most of our neighbors are refusing service, so what will it accomplish? See what they do, I never handed in the permission form.

I hope, I really hope that in a month or so, the point will be moot, because I'll be looking for a new place. I need to get out of this building, and this city for that matter. Yes, I am firm on putting in for manager's position.....see what happens.

Thanks for the latest venting. After tomorrow I might starrt feeling better as it is put behind me and I move forward.

Good like with the potential move... you deserve it.

Member #561
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #3539
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Hey all.

Thanks in advance.
Casey...

Good luck with DW

Member #561
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #3540
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
You've done a great job, Don. Thank you! And congrats Randall on the promotion! You've big shoes to fill!

Does this mean we should race to the finish?
Don would like you to!

James, Brent and Casey, will be praying for you and your families.

Paul, you still crack me up!

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverly, dad, goofy, man laws

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: