Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

Help me with north face jackets?

I have decided I would really like to get a new winter coat-as in a casual, good for all weather one. I want a north face denali-I have liked the look for years, but haven't been willing to spend the money. Am I correct in thinking it's a liner, and that I can get a waterproof jacket to make it warmer/more weather proof? How do I know which jackets go with it? I have found a few discount sites for last year's colors, etc. but I would probably still buy one part now, and one part later, because I'm cheap like that. I just really don't know anything about north face, just that I like the look better than the Columbias I have purchased in the past! Any great discounts, or anything I should know?
WDWAurora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #2
WDWAurora
I may not be Peter's Tink, but I'm Patrick's...And his princess...Can Tink be a princess? Please?

Bump?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Kimberle
WL Vet

My dd has quite a few North Face jackets. They are not "liners", but regular jackets. I would not wear something over it. Have you gone to a store to see them in person?
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Auggietina
The sky was streaked with reds, pinks, and white
I kept getting glue over EVERYTHING

My TNF knowledge is only what my daughter has asked for, so I am probably no help!
My daughter has TNF Denali. She wears it as her winter jacket almost all the time and we are in Maine. It's a really warm jacket. She has another TNF fleece (I don't know which one of the 100s they have) and she wears that in the fall.
I can't tell you if there is a shell you can buy to zip it in, the high school crowd here just wears the fleece.

She has a 3-in-1 Columbia that she wears when it's snowing, since that jacket is waterproof.

We have a TNF factory store near by us so that is where we shop.
Auggietina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
castleview
I'm on my 103rd attempt to grown my bangs out
I'm too impatient with the skillet

Curious about this myself as I need an updated jacket for the winter. TNF would be the perfect style for me, but I'm too cheap to spend it on myself. I was pretty fortunate that Grandma wanted to get DD one for her birthday. They are not cheap.
castleview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #6
Patience
DIS Veteran

They sell 3-in-1 North Face jackets that have a water proof outer jacket with a zip in fleece jacket that can also be worn alone. My daughter has one of these and she loves it. We bought hers at backcountry.com.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #7
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, since the zipper on my 11 year old 3-1 Columbia just bit the dust a couple days ago.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
WDWAurora

I was asking about being able to make the Denali into a 3 in 1 because a couple of the sites I was looking at called it a liner. Maybe I need 2 jackets to accomplish it all?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #9
fae
Mouseketeer

The Denali is more of a standalone jacket. TNF however has many fleeces that make great liners. I have the Women's TKA 200 full zip and it fits perfectly under my shell.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #10
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if TNF Denali Thermal Jacket is warm? My daughter wants one and I'm willing to pay for it as long as it keeps her warm in winter. I saw a down one, but she won't wear anything that looks remotely puffy.

Thanks!
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

6pm and Sierra Trading Post both sell North Face stuff. They both usually have a decent selection. There are usually coupon codes floating around for Sierra Trading Post. I don't know how warm they are. I've heard nothing but good things about TNF though.
sunshinehighway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWAurora View Post
I was asking about being able to make the Denali into a 3 in 1 because a couple of the sites I was looking at called it a liner. Maybe I need 2 jackets to accomplish it all?
The Denali has the option of being a liner but is normally worn as a stand alone jacket. You can buy an outer shell from North Face to snap over the Denali (the Denali has snaps on the sleeves I believe.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Mine both have the OSO and it's all they wear for the most part, even thru winter, but if they are going outside to run in the snow for any extended time, they use a different jacket.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #14
fae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Disney fan View Post
The Denali has the option of being a liner but is normally worn as a stand alone jacket. You can buy an outer shell from North Face to snap over the Denali (the Denali has snaps on the sleeves I believe.
Yep, snaps on the sleeves and the zipper is reversible.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
Auggietina
The sky was streaked with reds, pinks, and white
I kept getting glue over EVERYTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsoccermom View Post
Can anyone tell me if TNF Denali Thermal Jacket is warm? My daughter wants one and I'm willing to pay for it as long as it keeps her warm in winter. I saw a down one, but she won't wear anything that looks remotely puffy.

Thanks!
Live in Maine and my daugter wears hers all winter. Except when it snows because it does get wet.
Auggietina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: