Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #211
Jump4Joy8390
DVC Owners since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship9798 View Post
Hmmm. Are you limiting yourself to only restaurants that end in "a"? When is your ADR for Kouzzina?
Still working on that one!
2009 - Vero Beach / Beach Club Villas / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) / Caribbean Beach (Aug)
2010 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Wonder / Saratoga Springs (Feb/Mar) Kidani Village / Wilderness Lodge (Dec)
2011 - Pop Century / Vero Beach / Disney Dream / Old Key West (Mar) / Kidani Village / Port Orleans French Quarter / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Disney Dream / Vero Beach / Saratoga Springs
2013 - Bay Lake Tower / Disney Fantasy / Beach Club Villas (Mar) / Coronado Springs /Jambo House / Saratoga Springs (Aug)
Jump4Joy8390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #212
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISDANCEMOM
Well I might as well come out of lerkdom and join the fun! I was almost afraid to post that I had applied...maybe I was afraid that it would jinx me or something!!

So here is my info to add me to the list of hopefuls:
Tracey T.
Ontario, Canada
WDW
Mom to dd(14) & dd(11)
3rd year applying
Welcome from a fellow Canadian
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #213
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Soon Please!!

Whatever will be will be, but....

We are leaving for WDW Saturday and I would sure like to have all the resources from home if I need to make a video.

Having to make a video at Disney World would be such a trial and hardship that I would love to have!! Forced to talk about Disney while enjoying Disney!! Forced to make a video with my iPad!! Forced to worry about being a Disney Mom while being a Disney Mom!!

I hope to have such trials.
ticofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #214
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Just got a text from my brother's wife. They checked into the Disneyland Hotel today for their first trip to a Disney park with kids (they have three--6,5 and 3). They were named the family of the day at the hotel and were upgraded to the Pirates of the Caribbean suite. I'm a WDW girl, but after reading about the suite, I can't wait to hear all about it. I guess she'll believe me when I gush about the magic of Disney now! Here's hoping that their pixie dust will rub off on me in the form of an email!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...neyland-hotel/
Old 10-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #215
papamouse1
Papa Moo Moo Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Just got a text from my brother's wife. They checked into the Disneyland Hotel today for their first trip to a Disney park with kids (they have three--6,5 and 3). They were named the family of the day at the hotel and were upgraded to the Pirates of the Caribbean suite. I'm a WDW girl, but after reading about the suite, I can't wait to hear all about it. I guess she'll believe me when I gush about the magic of Disney now! Here's hoping that their pixie dust will rub off on me in the form of an email!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...neyland-hotel/
How exciting! The DL suites are amazing!

1999-2005 yearly DLC trips - various non-Disney hotels 2006 - DLC - Paradise Pier Hotel *Joined DVC! 2007 - Disney Cruise & WDW for our 20th wedding anniversary 2008 - DLC - Grand Californian 2009 - WDW- Old Key West & Animal Kingdom-Kidani 2010 - WDW- Beach Club & Animal Kingdom 2011 - Disney Cruise - the new Disney Dream & Holidays @ WDW! BCV & AKV Concierge April 2012 - MR Anniversary Cruise Nov 2012 - DLC to see Holidays & "WoC" May 2013 - Aulani! Aug2013 WDW & Universal Studios March 2013 Travel Agent AEP DCL/WDW
papamouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #216
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump4Joy8390 View Post
One of these years, I really want to do a runDisney event! Probably start out with a 5K and work my way up. Would love to see New Orleans, too (I've got a thing for Harry Connick Jr, zydeco music, and beignets). As for trip planning, if we're not at Disney, we're planning a Disney trip! So, Pam, we totally speak the same language! Go, southern Ontario!
I'm really eager to go in January...I think it would be great fun to try something new. Our only issue is DS and high school. I agreed we wouldn't take him out of school for a week anymore, so I have to figure out a short trip. I don't think he'd ever forgive us if we went without him! Of course, I could do a solo trip (as a last resort )...not sure that's going to fly either as DH loves our trips as well! At least half the fun is making it work and then the planning, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
They were named the family of the day at the hotel and were upgraded to the Pirates of the Caribbean suite. I'm a WDW girl, but after reading about the suite, I can't wait to hear all about it. I guess she'll believe me when I gush about the magic of Disney now! Here's hoping that their pixie dust will rub off on me in the form of an email!
OMGosh...can't wait to hear all about it, too! They will definitely be Disney-devotees now, if they weren't already.
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #217
ILoveWD
Mouseketeer

My pledge for today...

I will not check my computer everytime I walk by for emails.
I will not stop and pull my phone out of my purse everytime it beeps.

I will not give up hope because I can still dream until I get an email telling me otherwise. I will assume I am still in the running for the Mom's Panel.

Therefore, I can not keep this pledge for today.

Good luck everyone. Maybe today will be our day. I wish Disney could and would pick us all !
ILoveWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #218
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWD
I will not check my computer everytime I walk by for emails.
I will not stop and pull my phone out of my purse everytime it beeps.

I will not give up hope because I can still dream until I get an email telling me otherwise. I will assume I am still in the running for the Mom's Panel.

Therefore, I can not keep this pledge for today.

Good luck everyone. Maybe today will be our day. I wish Disney could and would pick us all !
I love this pledge!
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #219
Blytheny
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back & discover they were the big things!

Location: Marcellus, NY (way too far away from my happy place!)

Question

Quick question -

Didn't the Mom's Panel App site say something different this year about e-mail notifications?? I thought it said that this year, they were only going to e-mail the people moving on to Round 2, vs the way they always used to do it, notifying everyone one way or the other.

Did I read that wrong??

Regardless, hoping today is the day... pixie dust to all of us waiting patiently, or not so patiently!!

Past trips-3x's offsite, May 06 CBR, Oct 07 ASSP, Dec 08 CBR, Jan 09 ASMu Girls' wknd,
Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan '11 Girls' wknd, Aug '11 CBR,Oct '11 AKL,October '12 OKW,CR,BWV

Next - August '13 - CBR

www.disneyforlife.blogspot.com
Blytheny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #220
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We have a couple of picky eaters in our party and I'm hoping that they'll find something they'll like at Boma. If not, then they can grab a pizza or something from the food court when we get back to the resort.
Three out of four members of our family are picky eaters-- and I'm the worst. We LOVE Boma though! While my husband experiments and loves everything they offer on the buffet, the kids and I stick with the roasted chicken (can't remember their name for it), the macaroni and cheese on the kids buffet is really good, a couple of the rice dishes, and some other things I can't remember right now. And for what it's worth-- I swear they have the best chocolate chip cookies on property. So, don't despair. I think everyone will enjoy BOMA! And just being at AKL is a treat in and of itself!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #221
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blytheny View Post
Quick question -

Didn't the Mom's Panel App site say something different this year about e-mail notifications?? I thought it said that this year, they were only going to e-mail the people moving on to Round 2, vs the way they always used to do it, notifying everyone one way or the other.

Did I read that wrong??

Regardless, hoping today is the day... pixie dust to all of us waiting patiently, or not so patiently!!
Others here can correct me if I'm wrong-- but I believe that same language has been used in years past. I remember being suprised that "better luck next year" emails went out for Round 1. I think they're basically saying there is no guarantee of receiving a no-thank-you email due to system issues. Last year, a few of us here on this board didn't receive the no-thanks email after Round 2 as everyone else seemed to. So I think that language is just a warning that there's no guarantee. But I guess we won't know for sure until the emails actually go out!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #222
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blytheny View Post
Quick question -

Did I read that wrong??

Nah, the application says that every year. However, Disney has always sent out the consolation, thanks-but-no-thanks emails to those not moving onto Round 2. A new day always brings new hope... make it a good one!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #223
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISDANCEMOM View Post
Well I might as well come out of lerkdom and join the fun! I was almost afraid to post that I had applied...maybe I was afraid that it would jinx me or something!!

So here is my info to add me to the list of hopefuls:
Tracey T.
Ontario, Canada
WDW
Mom to dd(14) & dd(11)
3rd year applying
Hi Tracey.... welcome to our List of Hopefuls. Could today be The Day?? Good luck!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #224
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush View Post
Three out of four members of our family are picky eaters-- and I'm the worst. We LOVE Boma though! While my husband experiments and loves everything they offer on the buffet, the kids and I stick with the roasted chicken (can't remember their name for it), the macaroni and cheese on the kids buffet is really good, a couple of the rice dishes, and some other things I can't remember right now. And for what it's worth-- I swear they have the best chocolate chip cookies on property. So, don't despair. I think everyone will enjoy BOMA! And just being at AKL is a treat in and of itself!
They say that every year. But those who don't get in to round 2 will get the "consolation" email inviting them to join the Mickey Moms Club

Amy
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Please join me for my blog:
http://amysamazingdisneyadventures.wordpress.com/
And on our weekly podcast:
http://www.mqpodcast.com/
----------------------------------------------
4/90 FtW 4/92 Poly 7/92 FtW 11/00 ASMu
5/02 ASSp 4/03 condo 4/05 CBR 4/06 Pop
3/07 CBR 5/08 AKL 4/09 BC 4/10 DCL Magic 10/11 Pop 11/11 ASMo 2/12 YC 5/12 CBR
2/13 AoA & DCL Dream 10/13 ToT10Miler
11/13 DCL Fantasy
Amy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #225
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

oops!

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post!

They say every year that they won't notify the people who didn't get to round 2. But they always send the "consolation" email inviting them to the Mickey Moms Club

Amy
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Please join me for my blog:
http://amysamazingdisneyadventures.wordpress.com/
And on our weekly podcast:
http://www.mqpodcast.com/
----------------------------------------------
4/90 FtW 4/92 Poly 7/92 FtW 11/00 ASMu
5/02 ASSp 4/03 condo 4/05 CBR 4/06 Pop
3/07 CBR 5/08 AKL 4/09 BC 4/10 DCL Magic 10/11 Pop 11/11 ASMo 2/12 YC 5/12 CBR
2/13 AoA & DCL Dream 10/13 ToT10Miler
11/13 DCL Fantasy