Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #16
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tif View Post
So my family and I just decided to extend our stay by a night, but the awesome discount that we got for our stay from 11/1-11/8 at GCH isn't available for the extra night. So now we need to find a super cheap place that's good enough to sleep and shower the night of the 8th (we'll check out early the 9th and hit the park one last time). Of course we still want somewhere safe and clean. We're hoping to only spend $50-90. The cheaper, the better. We will have a car so if we have to drive a little we can, but we don't want to be too far. We stayed at a hotel by Knott's Berry Farm last time and that is probably the furthest out we'd go. That hotel was not very clean though so we won't be returning there.

So, any recommendations would be great!
Try the Del Sol Inn

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #17
idkmybffminnie
ms.minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382
When you "win" a hotel on Priceline or Hotwire, does the final cost include the resort fee? I've considered bidding so many times but didn't want to get a room for $60, only to discover I have to pay an additional $20-$30 dollars for parking and resort fees. I thought about asking about it on BetterBidding, but they're pretty intense over there and I always chicken out.
about Priceline "bidding" you are only guaranteed a room for two people. you can req 2 beds but at the time of check in, it's whatever is available. This happened to me before and there were 3 of us ( me, my bf and bff ) and when we checked in, they only had a king bed avail.

idkmybffminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
When you "win" a hotel on Priceline or Hotwire, does the final cost include the resort fee? I've considered bidding so many times but didn't want to get a room for $60, only to discover I have to pay an additional $20-$30 dollars for parking and resort fees. I thought about asking about it on BetterBidding, but they're pretty intense over there and I always chicken out.
You must mean Biddingfortravel.com. Betterbidding.com mods are much more civilized than Sheryl at BFT.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #19
Tif
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid0382 View Post
Thanks disneychrista and sheetz. That was a total hijack on my part . I'm so sorry and I truly appreciate the information
I'm glad you hijacked because its something I wouldn't have thought of! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to bid though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igo4yellin View Post
What kind of discount are you getting at the Grand? I assume you're still paying over $350 a night. By comparison, any of the motels nearby would be a good choice by comparison. (In terms of price and being safe)
Since my daughters are performing there during our trip we got a special rate. Its less than $350 ... Less than half the regular price. So yeah, everything around there is still cheaper, but because this is still a splurge for us (we could never afford the Grand at normal prices) we want to keep our extra day as low as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkmybffminnie View Post
about Priceline "bidding" you are only guaranteed a room for two people. you can req 2 beds but at the time of check in, it's whatever is available. This happened to me before and there were 3 of us ( me, my bf and bff ) and when we checked in, they only had a king bed avail.
I never realized that they could do that! Wow. The more I think of all of the bidding stuff, the less I think its worth it. lol Thank you SO much for bringing that up! We're a family of 5 so one bed would be a deal breaker.
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: