Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #256
asmit4
DIS Veteran

can someone explain how to calculate these discounts? I'm totally confused. Free DDP is easy to calculate but this seems to have no way of figuring. We are 2A (1 child who is 18 months), looking to go for 4 nights in a value or moderate, or a deluxe IF the price is right. No idea how to calculate.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #257
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

My strongest suggestion is to try the online booking tool and price out various options when the offer goes general public tomorrow.

You're right.. the amount of discount on the hotel side *can* vary by room category, resort and general availability.. so trying to -pre- calculate is virtually impossible... at least with any degree of reliability.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #258
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenersmom

To answer TJDisneymama, and Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have to buy 2 days tickets. For the package min days I saw people book with as little as 4 days so not sure if its 2days also or not...4was the least I have seen so far someone have.

Also I posted in another thread a question but haven't gotten an answer so ill ask here maybe someone's knows. Anyone know what room types are included in the spd pkg at the wilderness lodge? I'm hoping the woods view are...if not we will have to change to whatever is included.
We get 2 day base tkts each year we go on free dining. Used to be one day tkts way back when they first started it
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #259
NE Goofy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
I'm a Disney Visa cardholder and I am so mad that I did not find out about the new promo until last night and missed my window of opportunity. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait and find out tommorow with everyone else. BTW does anyone know when the earliest time to call and book would be? And also I noticed on WDW website that it has the promo extended for dates in April-May and also Nov and Dec 2013. Has anyone else noticed this?
I just got off the phone and booked this package using Disney Visa since I just found out about it today. If you have a Disney Visa call tonight, don't wait.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #260
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
I think that is just the standard description as well.
Yeah I'm an idiot...I was reading an advertisment wrong and thought that I had stumbled across something. I guess I was just delirious from looking for clues to codes and promos lol!
thornton0511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #261
thornton0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Goofy View Post
I just got off the phone and booked this package using Disney Visa since I just found out about it today. If you have a Disney Visa call tonight, don't wait.
ah that is good to know thanks!
thornton0511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #262
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

S/P/D dining plans

I have never used the dining plans before. I'm considering the S/P/D offer and wondering if one table service meal, one counter service meal, and one snack are enough. It sounds like we get either breakfast or lunch, not both. People may want more than one snack per day too. Do you end up paying a lot extra each day?

The table service implies reservations. Do advanced dining reservations mess up your vacation by needing to be somewhere at a certain time?

I'm weighing the S/P/D offer against staying offsite again. Budget is tight!
DanInMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #263
myneverland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN
I have never used the dining plans before. I'm considering the S/P/D offer and wondering if one table service meal, one counter service meal, and one snack are enough. It sounds like we get either breakfast or lunch, not both. People may want more than one snack per day too. Do you end up paying a lot extra each day?

The table service implies reservations. Do advanced dining reservations mess up your vacation by needing to be somewhere at a certain time?

I'm weighing the S/P/D offer against staying offsite again. Budget is tight!
We have done free dining for the past several years and always have extra snacks and/or counter service credits left over. It's plenty for us...especially when you can get adult counter service meals for the kids (just have to order kid meals at sit down).

Yes, ADRs are must haves, especially when free dining is offered. We plan what parks we will be in each day first, then make ADRs accordingly (sometimes two on certain days just so we have the flexibility).
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #264
monique5
DVC - BLT

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi90 View Post
Our dates are 2/22 through 2/28. 3 adults 3 kids at AoA is costing us $4561.38. 2 adults at Pop $1688.84
Thanks for the info. Without any discounts: 7N, DDP & 7D w/PH. ~$5700 for 3A/1C. What dining plan and tickets? This mighy only be around $400 savings for me. Would have to add 1 extra night & food to your cost anyway... Will tomorrow ever come?
monique5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #265
Carol97
Mouseketeer

Ok, I've been on the Disney website this morning and it describes the packages for the new deals. But, when I do the calculations, there just doesn't seem to be much difference in the price of what I already have booked. I have a 6 night stay booked for March 2-8, in the All Star Movie, with 2 adults and two kids. Is anyone else having the same problem? I don't know if it's just my resort not being discounted or if the updates still just aren't complete on the site yet. Thanks!!!

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #266
yarlin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol97
Ok, I've been on the Disney website this morning and it describes the packages for the new deals. But, when I do the calculations, there just doesn't seem to be much difference in the price of what I already have booked. I have a 6 night stay booked for March 2-8, in the All Star Movie, with 2 adults and two kids. Is anyone else having the same problem? I don't know if it's just my resort not being discounted or if the updates still just aren't complete on the site yet. Thanks!!!
The same was happening to me, so I called and in their system I saved 1200 dollars while on the site my savings were roughly 100 dollars. Best option is to go ahead and call...

yarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #267
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I've been trying to call for almost a half hour now. I keep getting the "try back later, busy message". Is there an alternative phone number?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #268
Carol97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
I've been trying to call for almost a half hour now. I keep getting the "try back later, busy message". Is there an alternative phone number?
I called (407) 939-7675 and on the phone now.

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #269
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

That's what I've been trying.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #270
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I wait on hold 1:20 this morning right when they opened only to be told their system was down and try back. I called an hour ago when the system on line seemed to be back up and waited 56 minutes until I decided to hang up and try back. (That's when I was told the wait time was estimated to be less than 11 minutes). Now on hold again. I would just give up and call in a few hours but I am in court all afternoon so it has to be now.

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: