Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #31
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great update! Did you enjoy the food at dinner?

Funny story how I just got my coveted Disney Dooney. We were at WDW last August. I won a sweepstakes actually Well, to help spread out the expenses I bought a few $100 gift Disney Gift Cards in the months leading up to the trip. I accidentally forgot to use one It really was a mistake. Needless to say is was burning a hole in my pocket. I almost purchased a bunch of ornaments at Disneystore.com before Christmas, but resisted.

Well, over President's Day weekend, the Disneystore website was having a 25% off and free shipping promo. And, it was my birthday - so I got this beauty http://www.disneystore.com/adults-do...00777+1000812/ when I showed it to my hubby and mentioned it would only be $12.50 after the long forgotten gift card I can't wait to have it on our 1st cruise!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #32
Glitzytraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great update! Did you enjoy the food at dinner?

Funny story how I just got my coveted Disney Dooney. We were at WDW last August. I won a sweepstakes actually Well, to help spread out the expenses I bought a few $100 gift Disney Gift Cards in the months leading up to the trip. I accidentally forgot to use one It really was a mistake. Needless to say is was burning a hole in my pocket. I almost purchased a bunch of ornaments at Disneystore.com before Christmas, but resisted.

Well, over President's Day weekend, the Disneystore website was having a 25% off and free shipping promo. And, it was my birthday - so I got this beauty http://www.disneystore.com/adults-do...00777+1000812/ when I showed it to my hubby and mentioned it would only be $12.50 after the long forgotten gift card I can't wait to have it on our 1st cruise!
We did enjoy the food. I took a few pictures of the food, but DH started to make fun of me. So, I put the camera away. I thought long and hard about buyin a Dooney during the Presidents Weekend sale. DH even told me to go try and win the $300 OBC at the DVC presentation so I could treat myself to one. But I never win anything. Oh well, eventually I will get one.

Past Trips:
Disney Wonder January 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas October 2012
Disney Dream Bahamas January 2012
NCL Epic Europe Cruise May 2011
NCL Pride of Aloha Hawaii Cruise June 2005
Disney Wonder Bahamas August 2000
Disney Big Red Boat Bahamas August 1992

Last edited by Glitzytraveller; 03-08-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Glitzytraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #33
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great updates

DD & DS must have loved all that special attention.

Good luck with the blog etc
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #34
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report. Your children are so cute..

Are we neighbors? I live above the NC border about 45 minutes from Winston and 1 hr from Greensboro.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #35
Glitzytraveller
Mouseketeer

I'm back!!!

Ok, so I dropped the ball on this trip report. I am so sorry. I was actually getting ready to start a pre-trip report for our next trip on the Dream next month when I decided that I needed finish my last trip report first.

So, where was I? Oh, yes we had just finished up breakfast at Royal Palace and we were heading out to see the Princess gathering. Breakfast was neat because while we were eating next to a giant porthole window, we pulled into the Port of Nassau. It was neat to watch us turn the ship 180 degrees and then park next to a few other ships. The other ships in port with us were RCCL Allure of the Seas (huge), Holland America and Carnival Fascination. My son asked "What is so Fascinating about that???" Spoiled little guy.

At the princess gathering, DS decided it was time for himself to go to the Oceanears Lab while we waited in line. The princess line was about a half an hour. Well worth the wait, as each princess spent a decent amount of time with DD. DH had to get into the action and have his picture taken with Cinderella .

After the princess gathering we picked up DS and then we headed out to Nassau. We brought the kids fresh new passports with us and had the port authorities stamp them. If you want info on how to do this, let me know. I am happy to help. Then we had to hit the Straw Market and find DD a perfect straw bag with Tiana on it. She made her purchase and then moved on. We headed for Junkanoo Beach. It is a gorgeous FREE beach that is walking distance from the ship. Mostly locals there. We got a great picture of the kids with the ships in the background.

We spent a little over an hour there and then decided to head back to the ship for lunch. Shhh, don't tell this little secret, but the ship is empty when we are in port. We had no wait for the AquaDuck and there was plenty of prime seating at the pool. So we decided to stay on board the rest of the day. DH and I had been to Nassau and Atlantis several times, so we enjoyed staying on the ship with the kids. DD wanted her hair braided by the pool. The CM did a wonderful job!

We hung out at the pool until it was time to get ready for dinner. That night we were going to Royal Palace!

Past Trips:
Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Can you tell me how to get to the free beach please?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #37
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Glad you are writing again. Looking forward to more!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #38
Glitzytraveller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Can you tell me how to get to the free beach please?
Junkanoo Beach, as you can see from the photos, is right in front of the ship. When you get off of the ship, go through the port building and turn right. Skirt the shore until you Run into Senior Frogs. Then turn left and go to the next corner (near the Hilton) and turn right. The beach is just on the other side of the Hilton. You can't miss it. There is a small sign saying Junkanoo Beach. Enjoy!

Past Trips:
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #39
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

How was the weather in Jan? I want to book a trip on the Dream in Jan 2014!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
toy
Mouseketeer

How did you let them know ahead of time about your daughter's special need? I would like to give them a bit of a heads up about my daughter with autism. She has some anxieties and attachments.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
cla517
Earning My Ears

What was the temperature outside when you went? Were the pools cold? We're doing the 4 day on the Dream Nov. 11, and being a Floridian, I'm a total lightweight when it comes to cold water!!! Thanks!
cla517 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream, surprise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: